JEE Advanced 2020 admit cards 2020 has been released on the official website- jeeadv.nic.in on 21st September 2020, for all the eligible candidates. The admit card date was previously rescheduled due to the postponement of the JEE Advanced 2020. The JEE Advanced 2020 Exam was previously scheduled to be held on 23 August, 2020 but due to the outbreak of the Covid 19 pandemic, IIT Delhi postponed the exam. JEE Advanced is now scheduled to be held on 27th September 2020 in two shifts- 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon and 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM. Candidates who will be able to complete the registration process before the deadline, will be able to access and download the JEE Advanced admit card 2020 in online mode from the official website of JEE with the help of their registration details (registration number, date of birth, mobile number and email ID).
- The ORIGINAL admit card/hall ticket of JEE Advanced must be shown in the exam hall to invigilators prior to the exam for verification.
- Candidates must, therefore, retain their admit cards till the end of admission process.
- Please note that the JEE Advanced admit card can only be downloaded online. Candidates should take out at least 2 print outs of the admit card after downloading it.
- No admit cards are sent directly via post.
- Admit card won’t be provided separately for the Architecture Aptitude Test
Table of Contents
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – Key Dates
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – How to Download Admit Card?
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – Key Details in Admit Card
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – Discrepancies in Admit Card
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – Documents to Carry to Exam Hall
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – Exam Day Guidelines
- JEE Advanced Admit Card – FAQs
- ✔️ What kind of identification document should you carry to the exam hall?
- ✔️ Is there a biometric identification at the JEE Advanced exam hall?
- ✔️ What to do next after finding any discrepancy in the admit card?
- ✔️ Is the admit card which candidates download from the official website considered original?
JEE Advanced Admit Card – Key Dates
Candidates who are partially registered are issued admit cards online which have to be produced in the exam hall. One must take a couple of printouts of the admit card after downloading it. Earlier, JEE Advanced exam was supposed to be held on 23rd August 2020, but now it will be held on 27th September 2020. The JEE Advanced admit cards got released on 21st September 2020.
|JEE Advanced Registration Start Date||12th September 2020|
|JEE Advanced Application Form submission last date||17th September 2020|
|JEE Advanced Registration Fee (Last date for paying)||17th September 2020|
|JEE Advanced Admit Card Release||21st September 2020|
|JEE Advanced Exam||27th September 2020|
JEE Advanced Admit Card – How to Download Admit Card?
Steps to follow to download admit card are the following:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced 2020
- Navigate to the ‘Candidate Login’ link
- Enter JEE Advanced 2020 registration number, Date of Birth, Mobile number and email ID to login
- JEE Advanced hall ticket is displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details printed on admit card thoroughly
- Finally, download and take at least 2 printouts for future reference
JEE Advanced Admit Card – Key Details in Admit Card
The following details are mentioned in the JEE Advanced admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number for JEE Advanced 2020
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Name
- Question Paper Language
- Photograph & Signature of the candidate
- PwD Status
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
- IIT Zone
- Language mode of question paper
- Venue & Code of exam centre
- Exam Schedule
- Exam Day Instructions
Admit cards are mandatory for all applicants. Along with a proper identity card, the admit card is checked at the exam hall before allowing candidates to proceed with the examination.
To prepare for JEE Advanced, study the syllabus thoroughly, read JEE Advanced Syllabus here.
JEE Advanced Admit Card – Discrepancies in Admit Card
Candidates may face issues while accessing the admit card due to the following reasons:
1. Huge Traffic – When there is huge online traffic, the examination website server gets loaded and lags down. In such a scenario, the clearance of heavy online traffic is quite lengthy and may take a day or two.
2. Providing Wrong Information – If a candidate happens to enter wrong details such as incorrect registration number or the date of birth, applicants won’t be able to download the JEE Advanced admit card.
3. Incomplete Filling of application form – You should check all the details filled in the registration form again before submitting. Incomplete information and failure to pay the exam fee leads to the cancellation of the application procedure. This will further result in the particular candidate not receiving an admit card at all.
To get help in solving admit card discrepancies, candidates can dial helpline numbers in their respective exam zones. All the helpline numbers of the 7 zonal IITs are mentioned below:
- IIT Delhi, 011-26581067, email@example.com
- IIT Bombay, 022-25720305, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IIT Madras, 044-22578224, email@example.com
- IIT Kharagpur, 03222-282101, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IIT Guwahati, 0361-2582180, email@example.com
- IIT Kanpur, 0512-2597335, firstname.lastname@example.org
- IIT Roorkee, 01332-284272, email@example.com
JEE Advanced Admit Card – Documents to Carry to Exam Hall
Along with admit card, candidates must carry one of the following identity cards:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- School/ College ID
- Pan Card
JEE Advanced Admit Card – Exam Day Guidelines
1. Candidates should be present with admit cards at the exam centre, without fail.
2. Applicants must not forget to bring the following materials to the exam hall:
- Admit card
- ballpoint pen with a transparent body
- original photo identity card
3. You are not allowed to enter/leave the exam centre during the examination in both the sessions(Paper I and Paper II).
4. Mobile phones, bluetooth devices, earphones, microphones, paper, health band or any other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the exam hall.
5. Violation of any of the rules at the examination will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
JEE Advanced Admit Card – FAQs
✔️ What kind of identification document should you carry to the exam hall?
Identity cards that are acceptable for JEE Advanced exam are: Aadhaar Card, School or College ID, Driving licence, Passport and PAN card.Candidates must carry any one of these photo identification proof in original along with their admit cards to the exam hall.
✔️ Is there a biometric identification at the JEE Advanced exam hall?
Yes, candidates have to appear for the biometric verification process on the JEE Advanced exam day.
✔️ What to do next after finding any discrepancy in the admit card?
If there is any kind of discrepancy in the JEE Advanced Admit Card, the candidates must contact the JEE Advanced officials of IIT (of their respective zones) immediately.
✔️ Is the admit card which candidates download from the official website considered original?
The admit card which the candidates download is a temporary admit card. At the test centre, the student shall be provided with the original admit card of JEE Advanced.