New Delhi, 23 September 2021 – Bangalore and Delhi have been ranked in the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021 under the ‘Top 30 + Runners Up Category’. While Bangalore rose up to three spots to rank 23 on the world’s most favourable startup ecosystems, Delhi held on to its 36th position.
At the same time, Mumbai, once again, held the number 1 position in the ‘Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems’, outperforming all others in factors like performance, funding, market reach, and talent & experience.
Table of Contents
- Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021 – Other India-Specific Details
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 – A Promising Initiative for Early-Stage Startup’s and NGO’s
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 – Eligibility
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 – Documents Required
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 – Benefits
- Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021 – Application Deadline
Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021 – Other India-Specific Details
- While Mumbai took the first position in the ‘Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems’ list, Chennai, Pune, and Hyderabad shared the #61-70 rank.
- As per the report, Indian startups raised a total of USD 12.1 billion in the first half of 2021. This represents India’s rapid growth as a global hub for tech and innovation.
Note: India has produced 24 unicorns in 2021 (as of August 2021), including 6 in just four days in April. Home to more than 400 global research and development centres, Karnataka has emerged as the world’s 4th largest technology and innovation cluster in the world.
India is the third largest startup ecosystem in the world after the USA and China. With the startup ecosystem booming, Schaeffler India has launched the ‘Schaeffler India Social Innovator Fellowship Program 2021’ with an intention to ‘recognise and reward individuals who are developing unique solutions that have the potential to positively impact society at scale’.
Under this program, 11 talented individuals between the age of 18 to 30 years will be provided with fellowship grants worth INR 15 lakh.
The applicant must –
- belong to the age group of 18 to 30 years (as on 1st September 2021)
- should be a resident of India
Do’s and Don’ts –
- Early-stage start-ups or NGOs with functioning prototype can participate.
- The entries must not just be a concept, idea or mock-up, it needs to fulfil the 3 requirements mentioned below:
- Must be solving a social challenge
- Must carry a sustainability angle
- Should have scaling possibilities
- The project MUST NOT be an established commercial venture
- Participants also need to submit the entries describing their work in the form of video that can be uploaded on the website
- The project must be related to any of the below categories:
- Transforming Education for the underprivileged
- Health & Nutrition
- Renewable Energy and Environment
- Water Conservation
- Waste Management
- A video (90-120 seconds) describing the ideas/projects
- An idea pitch deck in PDF format with size less than 4 MB (optional)
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photograph
- As many as 11 projects will be awarded with a total grant of INR 15 Lakh.
- INR 5 Lakh grant for 1 winner
- INR 1 Lakh grant each for 10 awardees
- An opportunity for residential mentorship at a premium college/institution to help the winners to further develop and scale their solutions.
- Access to Schaeffler India network & partners
- Entry into a fellow community of peers
*Subject to change on fellowship provider’s discretion
TO APPLY AND READ OTHER DETAILS ON SCHAEFFLER INDIA SOCIAL INNOVATOR FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2021, CLICK HERE