New Delhi, 21 July 2022 – Rural Skill Development – The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has signed an agreement with Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) and Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC) to skill up 18,000 students in automation and process-oriented jobs.
The students will be trained in a span of 3 years in automotive job roles under the Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP). There are a total of five job roles that students will be trained in, including general technician, service advisor, body & paint technician, sales consultants, and call center staff.
|Program Name||Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP)|
|Participating Organisations||National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM), and Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC)|
|Aim of the Program||To train 18,000 students in rural skill development|
|Training Duration||3 Years|
Table of Contents
Rural Skill Development Through Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP) – Details
- A total of 18,000 students from rural tribal areas in India will be trained in automotive job roles.
- This will be done under the Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP).
- Till date, more than 10,000 students have been trained under the program and 70% of these students have started working in automobile companies.
- The Automotive Skill Development Council (ASDC) will help identify the institutes as per the requirements of the rural skill development program.
- Thereafter, Toyota will support the institute with the latest curriculum covering automobile fundamentals, safety, values, and basic soft skills.
- In addition, Toyota will also provide e-learning content, engines, practice kits, transmissions, and train the institute’s faculty as well.
- ASDC would then provide support in infrastructure enhancement and ensure that the student training is effectively completed.
- Partners of the program will support skill development centers in sustenance and help them with providing on-the-job-training to all the students.
- The partners will also conduct quarterly audits to ensure the training quality is maintained at the decided standard.
- After the successful completion of the T-TEP course, all the students will be certified by Toyota, NSDC, and ASDC.
Rural Skill Development – Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP)
To ensure that the highest level of automotive professionals work at Toyota, the firm has partnered with industrial and technical training institutes across India to create the Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP).
Over 10,000 students have benefited from T-TEP till date and over 1200 students undergo training on the latest automotive technology and service techniques every year. The curriculum of the program includes on-the-job training at Toyota dealerships. The teaching is provided by partnering with local training institutes and industry bodies.
Established in 2006, T-TEP aims to develop a highly skilled technical workforce with better prospects in the automotive service industry. These students, after the completion of the program and reception of their upskilling certificates, have the opportunity to join Toyota dealerships around the country.
To know more about and apply for the T-TEP program, please click here.
What is rural skill development?
Rural skill development is a process to train students, graduates, and working age people in the skills required to get employed. These initiatives allow them to gain knowledge as well as the ability to become job-ready and forge their dream careers.
Why is rural skill development important?
Rural skill development helps students gain the skills required in the job market. This can reduce unemployment, increase productivity, and improve the standards of living in rural areas. This will also help students develop and update their skills to flourish economically.
What is the Toyota Technical Education Program?
To ensure that the highest level of automotive professionals work at Toyota, the firm has partnered with industrial and technical training institutes across India to create the Toyota Technical Education Program (T-TEP). The program helps students undergo training on the latest automotive technology and service techniques every year.