Railway Recruitment Board released the official RRB NTPC notification 2019 (2021) to fill around 35,208 vacancies for the posts of NTPC (Non-Technical Popular Categories). More than 1.26 crore RRB NTPC applications were submitted for the NTPC exam 2019. The online application process for RRB NTPC 2019 exam had started on 1st March 2019, and the month-long process ended on 31st March 2019.
To fill the RRB NTPC application form 2021, candidates have to follow several steps including registering themselves online, filling information, payment of application fee, uploading documents, and final submission of the filled application form. The last date to submit the online application was 12th April 2019 and the closing time was 11:59 PM.
Before starting with the application process, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the RRB NTPC eligibility criteria. To be eligible for this test, candidates should be Class 12 pass-outs or possess a Graduation degree.
According to the latest update shared by the RRB Chairman, Mr. VK Yadav, and the Railway Minister, Mr. Piyush Goyal, RRB NTPC 2019-20 exam will take place from 15th December 2020.
Read this article further to avail relevant information related to RRB NTPC registration/application process with minute details.
- RRB NTPC application status 2020 window will be closing today (30th September 2020).
- RRB NTPC application 2020 status will be active from 21st September 2020 to 30th September 2020. This means that the 1.26 crore candidates who applied for RRB NTPC will now be able to check whether their applications have been accepted or rejected.
- RRB NTPC Application Status link released. Candidates can check their RRB NTPC Application Status directly by clicking here.
- Candidates can check the status of their application by entering their application number and date of birth.
Table of Contents
- RRB NTPC Application – Important Dates
- RRB NTPC Application – Form Filling and Submission
- RRB NTPC Application – Zone-wise Login Links
- RRB NTPC Application – Fee Payment
- RRB NTPC Application 2021 – Form Correction
- How to Check RRB NTPC Application Status 2021?
- RRB NTPC Application – FAQs
RRB NTPC Application – Important Dates
RRB NTPC 2019 was initially scheduled to be conducted in June 2019. However, issues related to non-finalisation of the exam conducting agency, exam centres and COVID-19 pandemic delayed the exams.
Nevertheless, RRB has assured to conduct the examination this year. So, keeping in line with all the latest updates, candidates will find the complete schedule and the crucial dates associated with RRB NTPC 2019 application/registration process in the table below.
RRB NTPC Application/Registration Schedule
|RRB NTPC 2020-21 Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Release Date of RRB NTPC notification 2020 (2019)||28th February 2019|
|Opening of Online Registration for RRB NTPC||1st March 2019 (6:00 PM)|
|Closing of Online Registration for RRB NTPC||31st March 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Fee||5th April 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|Last Date to Submit RRB NTPC Application forms||12th April 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|RRB NTPC application 2020 status window||21st September 2020 – 30th September 2020|
|RRB NTPC Admit Card Release Date||Phase 1 – 23rd December 2020
Phase 2 – 12th January 2021
Phase 3 – 27th January 2021
Phase 4 – 10th February 2021
Phase 5 – 1st March 2021
Phase 6 – 28th March 2021
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT))||28th December 2020 to 13th January 2021 (1st Phase)
16th January to 30th January 2021 (2nd Phase)
31st January to 12th February 2021 (3rd Phase)
15th February to 3rd March 2021 (4th Phase)
4th March to 27th March 2021 (5th Phase)
1st April to 8th April 2021 (6th Phase)
RRB NTPC Application – Form Filling and Submission
Candidates can fill up the application form by visiting the RRB NTPC official website (www.indianrailways.gov.in or www.rrcb.gov.in). The RRB NTPC Registration process is divided into 2 parts (as per Para 15 in the RRB NTPC notification 2019 pdf official recruitment brochure). Candidates must follow the instructions carefully to fill up the RRB NTPC application accurately. They must note that once the RRB NTPC application form is submitted, the details cannot be changed for free. To edit or remove any detail, candidates would be required to pay a modification fee.
Here is the stepwise process to fill up the RRB NTPC exam application form 2019 (2021) accurately.
RRB NTPC Registration – Part 1
Step 1 – Process Before Filling the Registration Form
1 – Visit the official RRB NTPC website (www.indianrailways.gov.in) or click on this official link to directly visit the zonal page (point number 3)
2 – Click on the link labelled as ‘New Registration’
3 – Select the RRB Zone to which you wish to apply (once selected, the choice cannot be changed/ altered).
4 – Click on the ‘Check Availability’ tab. Doing so, all the details related to RRB NTPC Post wise vacancies will appear on the screen.
5 – Check the vacancies and click on the ‘Apply’ link.
6 – Click on the checkbox confirming that you have read and understood the instructions clearly
7 – Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
Step 2 – Generating Registration Number
1 – When Step 1 gets completed, a new window will open. Enter the registration details (both educational and Personal) such as:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Mother Tongue or Vernacular language
- Date of birth
- If you are an Ex-Servicemen, or a PwBD category candidate, the domicile of J&K, a govt employee etc.
- Mobile number
- Email ID
2 – Click on ‘Click to Continue’ tab
3 – A new window will open with all the entered information. Verify all the details
4 – Once the verification process is completed, candidates will receive an OTP on their registered email ID and mobile number. Candidates must retrieve the OTPs from email and mobile, and enter the same to proceed with the registration process. This procedure would generate the registration number.
5 – Click Submit
RRB NTPC Registration – Part 2
Step 3 – Applying for RRB NTPC Recruitment
1 – Log in to the registration site with the zone wise RRB NTPC login links (highlighted below) using the received registration number along with your date of birth. Enter the captcha (if any).
2 – Enter the asked details such as:
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s name
- Father’s Name
- Aadhar Number
- Class 10th Details ((SSLC/Matric Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing)
- Mobile number
- Email ID
3 – Click the checkbox after confirming that you have read and understood the instructions clearly
4 – Click ’Submit’
Step 4 – Payment Process
1 – Once Step 3 is complete, you will be directed to the fee payment page
2 – Choose the payment mode. Pay the RRB NTPC application fee through any one of the available payment modes.
|Online Net Banking
Offline Challan (SBI Challan Payment mode in any branch of SBI)
|Post Office Challans (Payment mode in any branch of Computerized Post Office)|
3 – Click on the ‘Pay Now’ tab
4 – Enter the asked details like’ payment method’ and ‘bank name’ (if paying through the bank) and submit
Note: If you wish to pay the RRB NTPC application fee via Post Office Challan, enter the bank details in the fee payment page and take a print out of the challan. Payment confirmation may take 2 hours. Sometimes it varies from 24 hours to 48 hours, so candidates should make the fee payment only after receiving the payment confirmation.
Step 5 – Selecting Priority/Preference of the Post in RRB NTPC Application
As a part of the Part 2 application process, candidates have to select their preferences related to various railway posts.
1 – If you are eligible for more than one post based on your educational qualification, select the number of posts you wish to sit for in the RRB NTPC exam.
2 – Fill your priority/preferences number in the textbox against each post that you are eligible for
3 – Click on the Accept button
4 – Indicate option for scribe if you are a PwBD candidate
5 – Enter details such as:
- Marks obtained in graduation, 10th class, 12th class
- Mother tongue
- Choice of exam language
- Moles/Identification Marks, etc.
6 – Click on the ‘Next ‘ button.
Step 6 – Upload Photograph and Signature
After completion of Step 5, the page will be automatically redirected to the ‘Photo and Signature Upload’ section of the RRB NTPC Online Form. Candidates need to upload their recent passport-size photograph and scanned signature as per the specifications mentioned below:
Specifications for Uploading Photograph and Signature
|SC/ST Certificate Upload||
Important Points to Remember:
- The photograph should not be taken wearing sunglasses or cap
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photographs are not acceptable
- Photos of candidates wearing spectacles are allowed if they use it regularly
- Unclear photographs are liable to be rejected
- Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be visible and the print should be of clear contrast
- Photograph needs to be taken on or after 1st January 2019 in a professional studio.
- Self-composed portraits or photos taken using mobile may result in rejection of the application
- Main features of the face should not be covered by cloth, hair or shadow
- For scanned signature, the scanner resolution should be a minimum of 100 dpi (dots per inch)
- The colour set should be Colour to True Colour
RRB NTPC Application – Zone-wise Login Links
After the registration process is complete (Part 1), candidates must visit the zonal RRB websites via the given RRB NTPC login links to complete and submit their RRB NTPC CEN 01/2019 application forms.
RRB NTPC Zone-wise Login Links
|RRB Regions||RRB Regional Official Websites|
|RRB NTPC Ahmedabad Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Allahabad Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Ajmer Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Bhopal Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Bhubaneswar Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Bangalore Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Bilaspur Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Chennai Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Chandigarh Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Guwahati Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Gorakhpur Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Malda Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Mumbai Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Muzaffarpur Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Kolkata Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Jammu Srinagar Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Ranchi Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Patna Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Siliguri Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Secunderabad Login||CLICK HERE|
|RRB NTPC Thiruvananthapuram Login||CLICK HERE|
RRB NTPC Application – Fee Payment
There are two methods through which the candidates can pay their application fees:
|Online method||Offline method|
RRB NTPC Application Fee Structure
Economically Backward Class
RRB NTPC Application Fee Refund
RRB NTPC application fee will be refunded to candidates after they appear for the CBT Stage 1 examination. The candidates need to provide the beneficiary account details in which they would prefer receiving the refund amount. The details must include:
- Bank name
- IFSC Code in the online application
- Account Number
- Beneficiary name
RRB NTPC Refund Fee Structure
|Category||Refunded Application amount|
Economically Backward Class
RRB NTPC Application 2021 – Form Correction
In case candidate/s had made any minor mistake or wish to edit any submitted detail after the final submission of an online RRB NTPC application form, they are required to pay a certain fee to modify the RRB NTPC Application Form 2021.
1. Candidates need to pay a sum of Rs. 100/- (Non-Refundable) irrespective of the categories to edit the RRB NTPC application form.
2. In case of modifying the community/category status (SC/ST to UR or OBC), candidates have to pay an additional of Rs. 250 with the form correction or modification fee.
|Rs. 250 + Rs. 100 = Rs. 350|
3. In case of switching from Ex-Servicemen/ PwBD/ Female/ Transgender to UR/ OBC (NCL)/ Non Ex.SM/ Non PwBD/ Male. etc., candidates have to pay an addition of Rs. 250 with the form correction or modification fee.
4. Modification to the application and registration details can be done for a maximum of two times only
How to Modify the RRB NTPC Application Form 2021?
Candidates need to follow the steps below to modify the application form (Cen 01/2019):
1. Visit the zonal websites of the RRB or official RRB NTPC website
2. Click on ‘Online Registration for CEN 01/2019’
3. When a new window opens, click on ‘Modify Application’
4. Select the RRB for which you have filled the application form
5. Read the instructions carefully and click on the check “I hereby declare that I am aware of the modification process and I wish to proceed for modifying my application“
6. Enter the registration number, date of birth and CAPTCHA
7. Click on ‘Login’
Details that CAN be Changed/Modified in the Form
- Enrolment Number
- Aadhaar Number
- Parent’s Name
- Matriculation / SSLC Roll Number
- Matriculation / SSLC Board
- Year of Passing Matriculation / SSLC Board
- Date of Birth
- Are you a PwBD Candidate?
- Or ex-Servicemen?
- Are you an Employee in the State/ Central Govt/ Public Sector Unit?
- Do you belong to any of the age relaxation categories?
- Are you a candidate from Emotionally Backward Class whose family income is less than 50,000 PA?
- Qualification Details
- Language of exam
- Uploaded Documents, etc.
Details that CANNOT be Changed/Modified in the Form
- RRB Zone
- Registration number
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
How to Check RRB NTPC Application Status 2021?
The RRB NTPC Application Status 2019 can be checked online by following the below steps:
1. Click on the link for application status of respective RRB Zone (highlighted above)
2. Enter Registration Number, Date of Birth and CAPTCHA Code to open the RRB login NTPC page
3. Click ‘Login’ to proceed or ‘Clear’ to re-enter detail
4. A new page will open highlighting the candidate’s RRB NTPC application status in the dashboard
How is RRB NTPC Application Status 2021 Displayed?
Regarding the RRB NTPC application status, the information is displayed or given out simply as accepted or rejected.
- If the application is accepted, the RRB NTPC application status displays the message the same as the one highlighted in the above image.
- In case the application form is rejected, the application status displays the message – “Your application is rejected. The reason for the rejection of form is —.”
Common Reasons for RRB NTPC Application Form Rejection
- Half-filled RRB NTPC application form
- Candidate’s name in the debarred list (if caught previously for indulging in inferior/nefarious activities during the exam)
- Non-payment of application fees
- Submitting scanned signature in block letters
- Submitting more than 1 RRB NTPC application form
- Incorrectly uploading signature or photograph (size/ resolution/ format not maintained as per RRB NTPC notification)
RRB NTPC Application – FAQs
What is the RRB NTPC application fee amount?
For Unreserved (General), OBC and Male candidates, the application fee is Rs. 500, whereas Women, SC/ST, PwBD, Ex-Servicemen, Transgender and Economically Backward Class candidates have to pay Rs. 250 for the same.
What details are required to login to the RRB NTPC website for application form submission?
Candidates require entering their Registration Number and Date of Birth to access the RRB NTPC login page.
How can I check the RRB NTPC Application Status 2021?
Candidates need to visit the zonal RRB NTPC websites and log in using their registration number and date of birth to check the RRB NTPC application status 2021.
Can I edit my RRB NTPC application form?
Yes. Candidates can edit minor errors in their RRB NTPC application forms by paying Rs. 100. However, they need to pay Rs. 250 extra with the modification charge (Rs. 100) if they want to change their category or switch their community in the application form. Candidates will get all the detailed information associated with modification charges in the above article.
In which format should I scan my photograph and signature?
Candidates need to scan and upload their photographs and signatures in JPG or JPEG format with 100 DPI resolution.