A majority of candidates taking the RRB NTPC examination 2020 were not able to download their admit cards, which was released on the official portal on 24th December 2020. This has created chaos amongst candidates who found the page/link unfunctional. RRB, on the other hand, had released a notification on 17th December 2020, explaining the reason for such an issue.
As per RRB, the 1st Stage CBT will be held in multiple phases to ensure adherence to all the COVID-19 guidelines for a large number of eligible candidates. It is estimated that around 23 lakh candidates will be appearing for the first stage computer-based test (CBT) between 28th December 2020 and 13th January 2021. Only after the completion of the first phase will the RRB authority release the admit cards along with the examination dates for the second phase. This process will be followed until all the registered candidates have given their exams.
Table of Contents
What was the problem with RRB NTPC admit card downloading process?
Amongst the many, one of the candidates (name withheld) shared his experience of downloading the RRB NTPC admit card. “I have selected my exam venue to be at Ranchi. When I received the email notification that the admit cards are out, I tried downloading it using my registration number and password. But to my surprise, the link was down. I have tried many times, but I’m facing the same issue. I tried reaching the authority through their helpline number, but the numbers are switched off,” said the candidate.
When the candidates tried to access the admit card link to see their exam city and date, the only message that was displayed on the screen was “Dear Candidate. You are not scheduled in the present phase. Please wait for the intimation from RRBs”.
Later Team Buddy4Study reached the RRB authorities stating this issue and got the resolution of this phase-wise RRB NTPC admit card distribution process.
RRB NTPC COVID-19 Guidelines
RRB NTPC recruitment exam is being conducted to fill 35,208 vacancies in the Indian Railway. It is estimated that around 23 lakh candidates will be appearing in the first stage computer-based test (CBT) today. To avoid the transmission of COVID-19 and maintain social distancing, RRB shall strictly follow the COVID-19 guidelines and has made it mandatory for the candidates to follow the same.
Candidates must check out these general COVID-19 related guidelines and follow them at all the RRB NTPC exam centres:
- Candidates must wear masks and gloves at the exam centre.
- They should carry a bottle of hand sanitizer, transparent water bottle, and pen along with the admit card and original photo ID card.
- Social distancing would be maintained strictly at the exam centres. Candidates have to maintain at least 6 feet or 2-metre distance from other candidates.
- All candidates will be checked for temperature with thermo guns at the entry point.
- The Arogya Setu App must be installed on the candidate’s mobile phone.
- After the Aarogya Setu status display at the entry gate, candidates need to switch off their mobile phones and deposit them at the designated location. The phone has to be collected later while exiting the centre.
- In case a candidate does not have a smartphone, he or she needs to bring a signed declaration:
- If any candidates have an above-normal temperature (> 99.14° C) or display any symptoms of the COVID-19, their entry will be prohibited at the exam centres.
- Exam authority will ensure that monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk, chair, etc. are thoroughly sanitised.
- A significant gap has to be present between two seats inside the exam hall.
- In case any of the responses in declaration suggest COVID 19 infection/symptoms, the candidate will not be permitted in the exam centre.
- Invigilators will distribute rough sheets to candidates wearing gloves.
- To avoid crowding, exam room numbers would not be displayed outside the centre.
- Candidates violating COVID-19 directives/advisories would not be allowed to sit for the exam
- Candidates would be allowed to leave the test centre one at a time to avoid the rush and maintain social distancing.
The highly awaited RRB NTPC exam 2019-20 (CEN 01/2019) has begun today, 28th December 2020. While the exam was expected to commence in the year 2019, issues like non-finalisation of the exam conducting agency and exam centres, and COVID-19 pandemic delayed the exam date.