New Delhi, 17 February 2022: The Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs Rajasthan, Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, launched the career counseling workshop ‘Pramarsh 2022’ on 15 February 2022 for the students of the Bikaner district in Rajasthan. This workshop is in line with the nation’s celebration of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on the occasion of the 75th year of India’s independence.
Here is the list of special guests who attended the workshop and inspired students with their motivating thoughts:
- Shri Surendra Patawari, Chairman, Gemini Corporation from Belgium
- Bindeshwari Pathak, Founder of Sulabh International
- Rajender Singh Pahl, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Star Promotion from Huston
- Rajendra Ratanu, Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade (DPIIT) Shreyas Bothra
- Nari Shakti Awardee Ruma Devi
Pramarsh: About the Workshop
- The workshop was conducted with the support of The National Institute of Career Services (NICS), Ministry of Labor & Employment and educational start-up Edumilestones.
- More than one lakh students mainly from rural areas participated in the event.
- The central government has taken various initiatives to bring out the full potential of the youth in the nation-building process.
- Students from the private & government school from the remote area sought guidance from the domain experts from business, policy planning, industries associations, art, culture, media, medical, architecture, biotechnology, finance, and marketing sectors.
- Around 1000 teachers were trained as career ambassadors in all schools of Bikaner for smooth & purposeful execution of the entire project.
- The “Pramarsh2022” workshop was an extension of the efforts to bridge the industry academia gap and impart knowledge about various choices available to the student and help them in making informed decisions.
- The workshop also proposed that an offline and online career assessment and service of Edumilestones digital career library will be facilitated to all students.
About Ministry of Labor & Employment
- The Ministry of Labor & Employment is one of the oldest and most-important ministries of the Government of India.
- It is India’s federal ministry that is responsible to protect and safeguard the interest of workers in general and social security.