New Delhi, 15 March 2021 – After the announcement of the NEET dates, NTA (National Testing Agency) is expected to release the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG 2021 application form soon. When the application window opens, candidates will be able to download the application forms by visiting the official website – www.ntaneet.nic.in.
As per the official notification released by the NTA, the NEET UG exam 2021 will be conducted in 11 languages, including Hindi and English on 1st August 2021 (Sunday). Along with the registration/ application form, the exam authority will also release the official brochure/ information bulletin.
The NEET information bulletin will contain detailed information related to the test, eligibility criteria for age, reservation, categorisation of seats, syllabus, cities of examination, examination fee, state code, etc.
Although there were assumptions that the NEET exam pattern 2021 is about to go through a change, NTA has refuted those rumours and stated that the exam pattern would remain the same.
Table of Contents
How to Register for NEET-UG 2021?
Candidates must follow the below steps to fill the NEET UG 2021 application form when required:
- Visit the official website – www.ntaneet.nic.in to register for NEET 2021 exam
- To register, fill the form asking for the candidate’s basic information. Create a password as per the given specifications.
- Once the password is created, login to the portal
- Fill up the NEET application form 2021
- Scan and upload photograph, signature and other documents
- Pay the NEET application fee
- Print the confirmation page for future reference
NEET-UG 2021 Application Fee
Even though the information brochure of NEET-UG 2021 is not out yet, candidates can get an idea regarding the current NEET application fee by checking the below-mentioned existing category-wise fee:
NEET UG 2021 Registration Fee
|Category||Application Fee (GST included)|
|OBC NCL/Gen -EWS||Rs 1,400|
Documents Needed to Fill NEET Application Form 2021
- Candidates must have an operational mobile number and a valid email ID to create an account on the NTA website and register for the upcoming exam
- The scanned image of the passport size photograph, signature and the left-hand thumb impression of the candidate should be in JPG/JPEG format
- Image size of the photograph should be between 10Kb to 200Kb
- Image size of the signature should be between 4Kb to 30Kb
- Image size of the left-hand thumb impression should be between 10Kb to 50Kb
- Candidates must also create the soft copy of government authorized copy like- Aadhaar card, Passport, Ration card
- The scanned image of postcard size photograph of the candidate should be in JPG format and the image size should be between 50Kb to 300Kb
- The scanned image of the Class 10th certificate of the candidate should be in JPG format and the image size should be between 100Kb to 300Kb
- The application fee can be paid by any of the following online modes – Credit Card/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, Paytm
Unlike the JEE Main 2021 exam, the NEET UG exam 2021 will be conducted ONLY once a year. Furthermore, this exam will be conducted offline, i.e., through Pen and Paper mode.
As per the notice released by NTA, in addition to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and veterinary seats, the scores of NEET 2021 may even be used for nursing admissions. The notification mentions, “The Result of NEET (UG) – 2021 may be utilised by other Entities of Central/State Governments (including Indian Nursing Council/ Nursing Colleges/ Schools, JIPMER) for counselling/admission to relevant courses [including B.Sc. (Nursing) and B.Sc. (Life Sciences)] in accordance with their rules/norms/guidelines.” However, a final clarification on nursing admission through the NEET exam is still pending.