New Delhi, 7 March 2023 – NEET UG 2023 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the registration process for the 2023 National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates (NEET UG).
Candidates interested in applying for the examination can do so through its official website. The medical entrance exam is set to take place on 7 May 2023.
The exam is held for admission to UG medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Sc. (Life Sciences), veterinary courses, Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS), and Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) degree courses.
Table of Contents
- NEET UG 2023 – General Overview
- NEET UG 2023 – Eligibility, Age Limit & More
- Examination Fee
- Examination Pattern
- NEET UG 2023 – Documents Required for Application Form
- NEET UG 2023 – How to Apply?
- NEET UG 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET UG 2023 – General Overview
|Name of Examination||NEET UG 2023|
|Start Date of Application Process||6 March 2023|
|Last Date of Application Process||6 April 2023|
|Date of Examination||7 May 2023|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper-based (multiple-choice questions)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours and 20 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total Number of Questions||There are 200 questions, of which aspirants must answer 180.|
|Total Marks in NEET||720|
|NEET Marking Scheme||Four marks will be granted for each correct answer, one point will be deducted for each incorrect attempt, and no marks will be given for unanswered questions.|
NEET UG 2023 – Eligibility, Age Limit & More
- NEET 2023 is open to Indian nationals, OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India), NRIs, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), and foreign nationals.
- There is no upper age limit for NEET UG registration. Applicants must be at least 17 years old to submit the application.
- Students from the Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must obtain a minimum of 40% in order to be eligible for the NEET examination. A minimum of 50% is required for students in the General category.
- The exam will be held in the following languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- Last year, 18,72,341 candidates applied for the exam. Over 16 lakh aspirants take the medical entrance test each year.
- The examination fee for the examination will be INR 1,700 for General candidates, INR 1,600 for General-Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and INR 1000 for SC, ST, Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD), and third-gender applicants.
- Candidates from outside India must pay a fee of INR 9,500.
- The entrance exam will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions (four options with a single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- 50 questions in each subject will be divided into two sections (A and B).
- The examination will last 200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (Indian Standard Time) and will be the same for all candidates.
NEET UG 2023 – Documents Required for Application Form
To apply for the exam, aspirants must provide the following documents:
- Passport-size photo: It must be the most recent photograph, with a white background covering 80% of the face and ears clearly visible.
- Postcard-size photo: The photograph must preferably include the name and date on which it was taken. The photograph must have a white background and show at least 80% of the face and ears. Applicants should not be wearing a cap or goggles in the photo.
- Signature: The signature must be on a white background with a black pen. It must not be in capital letters.
- Left-hand thumb impression: In the event that the left-hand thumb is unavailable, the right-hand thumb impression may be used. Candidates must use blue ink on white paper.
- Class 10 passing certificate: Before uploading, candidates must scan their Class 10 passing certificate.
- Category Certificate: Candidates must provide an SC, ST, OBC, or EWS certificate.
- PwBD certificate: Candidates must provide a PwBD certificate obtained from the list of centers mentioned in the brochure.
- Citizenship certificate: Applicants are required to provide a citizenship or embassy certificate or any documentary proof of citizenship in PDF format.
To keep informed about exam news, please click here
NEET UG 2023 – How to Apply?
Step 1) Candidates must visit the official website at neet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2) Candidates must now click on the “NEET (UG) 2023 Registration” link at the bottom of the page under the “Candidate Activity” section.
Step 3) Candidates then need to register themselves and get login credentials.
Step 4) Applicants are now required to fill out the application form and upload scanned documents and images.
Step 5) Aspirants now need to pay the application fee.
Step 6) Candidates must submit the application form and take a printout for future reference.
NEET UG 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1) What is NEET UG?
NEET, or the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduates, is held for admission to UG medical programmes.
Q2) When will the NEET UG 2023 exam be held?
The National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (UG) 2023 exam is set to take place on 7 May 2023.
Q3) Which courses are covered by the National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (UG) exam?
The National Eligibility Cumulative Entrance Test (UG) exam is held for admission to UG medical programmes such as MBBS, BDS, B.Sc. (Nursing), B.Sc. (Life Sciences), veterinary courses, Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS), and Bachelor in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) degree courses.