New Delhi, 29 September 2021 – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Result 2021 might get delayed again as a petition has been filed before the Supreme Court seeking its cancellation. As per the recent reports, the plea for cancellation of NEET UG 2021 exam has been filed on the grounds of alleged paper leak and cheating controversies that surfaced after the exam was conducted by the National Testing Agency on 12 September, 2021. The petition also seeks directions from the apex court for conducting a fresh exam.
NEET 2021 Cancellation Plea Filed in SC – Details
- 13 NEET UG aspirants have filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court, through Advocate Mamta Sharma. The petition states that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had registered an FIR against 4 accused individuals and some others, alleging that the examination process was manipulated using proxy candidates. The CBI further suspected that an exorbitant amount of Rs. 50 lakh per candidate was charged by the coaching centre and solver gang.
- The petitioners stated that the reports of “using unfair means, malpractices, solver gang, impersonation, paper leak etc. during examination” surfaced from different parts of the country on the NEET UG 2021 exam day.
- As per Live Law, the petition specified that “apart from CBI, multiple FIRs have also been registered by the police in the states of Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra in respect of NEET UG 2021 entrance exam paper leak.” The petitioners further argued “that the initial investigation has established the fact beyond doubt that the NEET UG 2021 entrance examination was irreversibly vitiated by use of fraudulent means and unfair practices.”
- The petitioners have also asked the NTA to submit an affidavit within a week mentioning the reasons as to why NEET 2021 should not be cancelled and conducted again.
- In addition, the plea has urged the NMC (National Medical Commission), NTA (National Testing Agency), and MoE (Ministry of Education) to “enhance the standard of security protocols including biometric verification of candidates, use of jammers etc to conduct NEET in a fair and transparent manner”.
NEET 2021 Paper Leak and Cheating Cases
- The NTA dismissed the rumours of a possible paper leak on Twitter a day before the NEET 2021 examination.
- The next day, on 12 September, the Rajasthan Police arrested a NEET candidate with at least 5 other members (including the head of a coaching centre, the exam centre peon, and exam solvers) on the grounds of an alleged leak of the exam paper.
- At the same time, the CBI nabbed the head of a career consultancy centre, who allegedly assured five NEET candidates of admission in top government medical colleges in exchange of as much as Rs. 50 lakhs.
- In both the cases, the accused allegedly leaked the NEET paper, planned to get it solved at a remote location, and help the students at the examination centre using high tech gadgets.
Also check : Scholarships for Indian Students