Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is expected to release the NDA result 2020 on its official website (upsc.nic.in) in December 2020. This year, the NDA (I) and NDA (II) exams will be conducted on the same date i.e. September 6, 2020. Thus, the NDA result 2020 release date for both the sessions will remain the same. UPSC releases the NDA result in two phases –
- NDA written exam result
- Final NDA result after SSB interview of the candidates (who qualify NDA written exam)
NDA result 2020 for written exam will consist of the roll numbers of all the candidates who qualify for the SSB interview round. On the other hand, the final NDA result will be compiled on the basis of candidates’ overall performance (in the written exam and the interview). Candidates can access the NDA result for the written exam as well as the final result in the PDF format.
Read this article for comprehensive details on NDA result 2020, including steps to check result, details on NDA result and more.
Table of Contents
- NDA Results – Key Highlights
- NDA Results – Important Dates
- NDA Results – Stages
- NDA Merit List
- NDA Merit List – Tie-Breaking Policy
- NDA Pay Scale
- NDA Results – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- ✔️ Does the UPSC send NDA scorecards via post or email?
- ✔️ What are the qualifying marks of NDA in each subject?
- ✔️ I have qualified the NDA written exam. Does that mean I am selected for the desired wing under NDA?
- ✔️ When will I be able to check the NDA result 2020?
- ✔️ Do I require any login credentials to check the NDA result 2020?
NDA Results – Key Highlights
- Candidates can find the NDA result 2020 by visiting the official website of UPSC, i.e. upsc.gov.in
- This year, UPSC will declare the NDA (I) and NDA (II) results on a common date. Normally, the result of NDA (I) and NDA (II) is released separately.
- Two separate merit lists stating the shortlisted candidate for SSB interview will be prepared for NDA (I) and NDA (II) applicants
- Stage I NDA result 2020 will consist of roll numbers of candidates who qualify the written examination
- Stage II result of NDA 2020 will consist of the roll numbers and names of the candidates who are provisionally selected for NDA training after the written exam and the SSB interview
- After the release of the NDA result 2020 for the written test, the qualified candidates have to visit the official websites of Indian Army/Navy at joinindianarmy.nic.in and Indian Air Force at careerindianairforce.cdac.in to find the SSB interview date and venue details
NDA Results – Important Dates
The table given below comprises the declared and tentative dates of NDA (I) and NDA (II) exam events.
Important Dates related to NDA Result 2020
|Events||NDA 1 Important Dates||NDA 2 Important Dates|
|Written test||September 6, 2020 (Declared)|
|Declaration of the NDA result 2020 for written exam||December 2020 (Expected)||December 2020 (Expected)|
|SSB Interview||To be notified||To be notified|
|Declaration of the final NDA merit list||To be notified||To be notified|
NDA Results – Stages
Candidates will come across two stages of the NDA result:
1. NDA Written Results – The NDA selection process is conducted in two stages, i.e., written exam and interview. Candidates can check the NDA result 2020 on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.nic.in
2. NDA Final Results – Candidates who qualify the NDA written exam are called for the SSB interview process. After the completion of the SSB interview rounds, UPSC will prepare a merit list shortlisting the finally selected candidates . This final merit list is known as the final NDA result 2020.
How to check NDA Result 2020?
Candidates have to follow certain steps to check the NDA result 2020. Stepwise procedure to check the NDA results is as follows.
Steps to Check NDA Result 2020 (Written & Final Exam)
Step 1 – Visit the official website of UPSC, i.e. upsc.gov.in
Step 2 – Scroll down to find the block for written results/final result
Step 3 – Click on the ‘Written Results/Final Results’ block to check the result
Step 4 – Click on the link ‘examination results’
Step 5 – Enter the name of the exam, i.e. National Defence Academy and click on the ‘Apply’ button
Step 6 – PDF for NDA written exam/final results appears on the screen. Click on the relevant link to view the NDA result PDF
Step 7 – Perform the ‘ctrl+f’ function on the system and type the roll number
Step 8 – Check whether your roll number is mentioned amongst the successful candidates in the NDA written/final result PDF
Step 7 – Perform the ‘ctrl+f’ function on the system and type the roll number
Step 8 – Check whether your roll number is mentioned amongst the successful candidates in the NDA result PDF
Details Mentioned on NDA Results 2020
Candidates will find some major exam-related details mentioned on the NDA result PDF. Awareness of the details mentioned in the NDA result 2020 will help candidates to ensure if their result is flawless or any discrepancy persists.
Details Printed on NDA Result PDF (Written Exam)
- Important instructions regarding SSB interview
- Roll number of the qualified candidates
Click here to check the NDA Final Result 2019 for your better understanding.
Details Printed on NDA Result PDF (Final Result)
- Important information regarding final selection
- Roll number of candidates (in order of merit)
- Names of the candidates (in order of merit)
Click here to check the NDA FInal Result 2019 for your better understanding.
NDA Results – Compilation of NDA Result 2020
Union Public Service Commission will evaluate the performance of the candidates through NDA written examination and the SSB interview for their final recruitment in any of the wings of Indian Army. The final selection of the candidate will also depend on the medical test and submission of requisite documents. UPSC will use the NDA answer key, marking scheme and the responses of the candidates to evaluate the performance in the written examination.
The marking scheme for the compilation of the NDA result 2020 is as follows.
|Score in General Ability Test (GAT) = (Number of correct responses × 4) – (Number of incorrect answers × 1.33)|
Score in Mathematics = (Number of correct responses × 2.5) – (Number of incorrect responses ×0.83)
Total Score = Score in GAT + Score in Mathematics
NDA Results – How to get the NDA Scorecard 2020?
Candidates can check the final NDA result 2020 only in the PDF format by visiting the official website of UPSC. The NDA exam scores for the written examination are not displayed in the NDA result PDF. However, UPSC will provide a window to the candidates where they can check their individual NDA scorecards after 15 days of NDA final result 2020 declaration. The NDA scorecards will be available to download for 30 days only.
The following details are mentioned on the NDA scorecard:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Section-wise score in NDA written examination
NDA Cutoff 2020
UPSC releases cutoff marks every year after the release of the final NDA result. The cutoff varies every year due to a number of factors. UPSC considers the following factors while determining the NDA cutoff:
- Total number of vacancies
- Number of candidates appearing in a particular session
- Difficulty level of NDA exam
- Previous year’s cutoff trends
The NDA cutoff 2020 will be updated here after the release of the same. Till then, candidates can check the table below to know the stats of previous years’ NDA cutoffs.
NDA Cutoff 2016 – 2019
|Year||Cutoff for the written exam (Out of 900 marks)||NDA-I Final Cutoff (Out of 1800 marks)||NDA II Final Cutoff (Out of 1800 marks)|
|NDA 2019||NDA I – 342 (with at least 25% marks in each section)||704||–|
|NDA 2018||NDA II – 325 (with at least 25% marks in each section)||705||688|
|NDA I – 338 (with at least 25% marks in each section)|
|NDA 2017||NDA II – 258 (with at least 25% marks in each section)||708||624|
|NDA I – 348 (with at least 25% marks in each section)|
|NDA 2016||NDA II – 229 (with at least 20% marks in each section)||656||602|
|NDA I – 288 (with at least 25% marks in each section)|
NDA Result 2020 – What after the release of NDA Written Test Result?
The NDA result 2020 for the written exam will comprise the roll number of the candidates who qualify the written examination and are marked eligible for the SSB interview process. The admission process followed after the release of the NDA written test results is as follows:
1. Qualified candidates will have to register themselves online on the following websites depending upon their choice of wing:
2. Candidates have to register within two weeks after the declaration of NDA written test result
3. Registered candidates will receive an email with the call letter for SSB interview
4. Call letter for SSB interview will consist of the interview date and time
5. Candidates have to submit their age and education qualification certificates at the time of SSB interview
6. SSB interview will be a two-stage process consisting of a personality test and an intelligence test. Candidates who qualify the Stage I of SSB Interview shall be nominated for SSB Interview Stage II
7. SSB Interview Stage I will be include an Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) test and Picture Perception and Description Test (PPDT)
8. SSB Interview Stage II will include the following rounds:
- Group testing officer tasks
- Psychology tests
- Final conference
8. Additionally, candidates interested in Air Force training will have to undergo the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS)
10. A final merit list will be prepared on the basis of overall performance of candidates in NDA written exam and SSB Interview
NDA Merit List
UPSC will prepare a final merit list for NDA 2020 based on the performance of the candidate in the NDA written examination and the SSB interview. Candidates have to further visit the official website of the respective wings (Army, Navy or Air Force) to get complete information regarding the date of joining in their choice of wing.
Candidates must note that the medical test is not taken into consideration for the preparation of the final merit list. The NDA final result (final merit list) will consist of the names and roll numbers of the candidates who qualify the NDA written exam and SSB interview.
NDA Merit List – Tie-Breaking Policy
There can be instances of two or more candidates getting similar aggregate scores in the NDA merit list. UPSC has prescribed a method to resolve such situations. The resolution of a tie of scores will be done on the basis of the date of birth of the candidate wherein an older candidate is given preference over the younger one in NDA merit list.
NDA Pay Scale
Apart from prestige, the lucrative salary is also an important aspect for making NDA a desirable choice amongst youth. Cadets are paid a monthly stipend during the training period.
Stipend for Cadet Training of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy:
- Pay Level 10 – Rs. 56,100 per month
(A) After the NDA training completion, the pay scale at different levels will be as follows.
|Lieutenant (Lt.)||Level 10||Rs. 56,100 – Rs. 1,77,500|
|Captain (Capt.)||Level 10 B||Rs. 61,300 – Rs.1,93,900|
|Major (Maj.)||Level 11||Rs. 69,400 – Rs. 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel (Lt Col.)||Level 12 A||Rs. 1,21,200 – Rs. 2,12,400|
|Colonel (Col.)||Level 13||Rs. 1,30,600 – Rs.2,15,900|
|Brigadier (Brig.)||Level 13 A||Rs. 1,39,600 – Rs. 2,17,600|
|Major General (Maj Gen.)||Level 14||Rs. 1,44,200 – Rs. 2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General (Lt Gen.) HAG Scale||Level 15||Rs. 1,82,200 – Rs. 2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||Rs. 2,05,400 – Rs. 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lt.Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||Rs. 2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||Rs. 2,50,000 (fixed)|
(B) MSP to the officers is as follows:-
Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier is Rs 15,500 p.m. fixed
(C) Other Allowances
|Dearness Allowance||Admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the civilian personnel from time to time.|
|Para Allce||Rs 10,500 per month|
|Para Reserve Allce||Rs 2625 per month|
|Para Jump Instructor Allce||Rs 10,500 per month|
|Special Forces Allce||Rs 25,000 per month|
|Technical Allce (Tier I)||Rs 3000 per month|
|Technical Allce (Tier II)||Rs 4500 per month|
NDA Results – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
✔️ Does the UPSC send NDA scorecards via post or email?
No. Candidates will only be able to download their NDA scorecards by visiting the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in. UPSC uploads the individual scorecards of candidates within the 15 days of NDA result declaration.
✔️ What are the qualifying marks of NDA in each subject?
Although the cutoff for NDA 2020 is yet to be released, the candidates have to score a minimum of 25% marks in each subject to qualify the NDA sectional cutoff as per the previous years’ trends.
✔️ I have qualified the NDA written exam. Does that mean I am selected for the desired wing under NDA?
No. The selection in the desired wing will depend on the overall performance of the candidates in NDA written exam and the SSB interview. UPSC releases a final merit list with the names of the candidates selected for different wings (Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy).
✔️ When will I be able to check the NDA result 2020?
UPSC is expected to release the NDA result 2020 for the written exam in December. It is suggested to keep visiting this page to learn about the exact result date, as per the UPSC notification.
✔️ Do I require any login credentials to check the NDA result 2020?
No. Candidates will be able to check the NDA result 2020 in the PDF format. The PDF for NDA result 2020 will be made available at the official website of UPSC. But candidates will require to login using their roll number and date of birth to download their NDA scorecards, which shall be uploaded by UPSC after 15 days of NDA final result declaration.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get latest news and updates on NDA 2020.