New Delhi, 23 April 2022: The Uttar Pradesh (UP) Board is all set to introduce a new curriculum in 2023. As per the new curriculum, a new pattern of question papers for Class 10, multiple-choice questions in exams, internships for Class 9 and 11 students and a focus on linking Sanskrit with technology are some of the key changes.
- 30 per cent of the questions in all subjects for Class 10 board exams will be multiple-choice questions and students will be given optical mark recognition sheets (OMR) to answer them from 2023.
- The same pattern will be implemented for Class 12 UP Board exams from 2025.
- The board will also be introducing a new programme, wherein students of Classes 9 and 11 will get internships with the aim of boosting students’ employment prospects.
Note: The decisions were taken during a meeting presided by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on 20 April 2022 where senior officials gave presentations on how the state board’s functioning could be improved.
Table of Contents
- Uttar Pradesh Board New Curriculum 2023 – Overview
- Uttar Pradesh Board New Curriculum 2023 – Details
- UP Board New Curriculum 2023 – FAQs
Uttar Pradesh Board New Curriculum 2023 – Overview
|Aim of internships||The aim of the internship programme is to make students ready for employment and improve their prospects of getting a job.|
|Courses which will have the 10-point grading system for the academic session 2023||BA, BSc and BCom|
|Classes which will follow the new curriculum||Class 9, 10 and 12|
Uttar Pradesh Board New Curriculum 2023 – Details
- The details of the internship programme are yet to be figured out. The aim of the internship programme is to make students ready for employment and improve their prospects of getting a job.
- With these internships, Class 9 and 11 students will become familiar with different kinds of jobs.
- The UP government also instructed officials to ensure that all schools in the state must have Wi-Fi connections, smart classrooms, a tracking system for students and biometric attendance for students over the next 100 days.
- The UP government also called for the launch of an online career counselling portal ‘Pankh’ to guide students.
- The UP government also ensured that an online monitoring categorisation facility and an e-library are developed at the earliest in schools.
- The chief minister also said that an action plan should be prepared to improve learning outcomes, increase enrolments and decrease the dropout rate in the state. For this, career counselling cells need to be set up in all education institutions
- There is also a need to link Sanskrit with technology, and for that 180-hour certification and 360-hour diploma programmes should be launched.
- Vacancies for all teaching posts should be filled up immediately, and appointments should be made for the post of yoga teachers across the state.
- The state higher education department has come up with a 10-point grading system for three undergraduate courses – B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com. for the academic session of 2022-23.
- The aim of this decision is aligned with the National Education Policy (NEP) and aims to assess students based on their learning goals.
- A government spokesperson said that private universities in the state have been instructed to follow the grading system.
- Students scoring between 91 to 100 will be given a grade point 10 and grade letter O (Outstanding).
- Students scoring marks between 81 to 90 will be given grade points 9, and A+. Similarly, students scoring between 71 to 80 will get grade point 8 and A.
- Other grade points will be accompanied by a B+, B or C and students scoring between 33 and 40 will get grade points 4 and P (Pass).
- Students getting less than 32 will get a grade point of 0 and will get an F (Fail) along with it.
UP Board New Curriculum 2023 – FAQs
What is the aim of the internships for Classes 9 and 11 as per the new UP Board curriculum?
The aim of the internship programme is to make students ready for employment and improve their prospects of getting a job.
What are the other added benefits of UP Board's new curriculum 2023 to the students?
The other added benefits of UP Board's new curriculum 2023 to the students are Wi-Fi connections, smart classrooms, a tracking system for students and biometric attendance.
Which are the courses which will have the 10-point grading system for the academic session 2023?
B.A., B.Sc. and B.Com. are the courses which will have the 10-point grading system for the academic session 2023.