Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) released the KCET 2020 Admit Card on 17th July 2020. The hall ticket or the admit card can only be issued by those candidates who have successfully completed the registration for the KCET 2020. Candidates must visit the official website for the exam- kea.kar.nic.in and download the admit card through online mode by filling in the credentials. It is crucial to know for the candidates that KCET 2020 will be held on 30th and 31st July 2020.
Downloading the admit card online requires certain steps that the candidates must follow. The applicants need to login to their regi stered account at KEA website to access the hall ticket. Any discrepancy in the admit card must be immediately reported to the concerned authority for correction. As per KEA guidelines, carrying the hard copy of KCET 2020 admit card at the exam centre is a mandatory requirement, failing which the entry of the candidates at KCET exam centre shall be restricted. Get the detailed information about the KCET 2020 admit card in this article.
Table of Contents
- KCET Admit Card – Important Dates
- KCET Admit Card – What If I Forget My Login Credentials?
- KCET Admit Card – Exam Schedule
- KCET Admit Card – Exam Centres
- KCET Admit Card – Exam Day Instructions
- FAQs – KCET Admit Card
- ✔️ Will I get the KCET 2020 admit card through post or courier?
- ✔️ Is a damaged KCET admit card allowed at the exam centre?
- ✔️ By what time must the candidates reach the KCET test centre?
- ✔️ Can I leave the examination hall in the middle of the KCET 2020 exam?
- ✔️ Is it possible to make changes in the exam centre after the release of KCET 2020 admit card?
KCET Admit Card – Important Dates
KEA is yet to announce the release date of KCET admit card on its website. As soon as it is out, we will update the same in the table below.
Event Calendar for KCET Admit Card 2020
|Last date for application correction||May 31, 2020 (Revised)|
|Release of KCET admit card||July 17, 2020|
|KCET 2020 exam dates||July 30 and July 31, 2020 (Kannada Language Test on August 1, 2020)|
How To Download KCET Admit Card 2020?
KCET admit cards shall be made available on the official website of KEA. Candidates need to enter their login credentials to download the admit card from the online link. The authority will issue the hall ticket to only those applicants who have completed the application process successfully. It is recommended to print out two to three copies of the KCET 2020 hall ticket and retain them until the admission process gets over. Follow the below mentioned steps to download the hall ticket online without a hitch:
- Go to the official website of KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in
- Tap on the ‘CET 2020 hall ticket download’ link
- Fill in your KCET application number and date of birth
- Download the online admit card
- Check the details given on the hall ticket carefully
- Take 2 to 3 printouts for further use
Details To Be Checked On KCET Admit Card 2020
KCET admit card contains certain basic and exam-related information that the candidates must cross-check as soon as they download the same online. The hall ticket of KCET is the entry ticket to the examination hall and the details mentioned on it depict the identity of the applicant. Therefore, in case of a discrepancy in the admit card, the candidates must report immediately to the exam conducting authority through email. Applicants will find the below mentioned details on KCET 2020 admit card:
- Name of the applicant
- Registration number
- Course applied for
- Date of birth
- Roll number
- Examination date and time
- Reporting time
- Exam centre name
- Exam centre address
- Candidates’ photograph and signature (as uploaded in application form)
- Exam-related guidelines
How To Resolve Discrepancy In KCET Admit Card 2020?
Generally, candidates do not find any error in their KCET admit card. However, if there is any kind of discrepancy in the details like date of birth, name, registration number, etc., the applicants must report the same to the concerned authority. They can connect with the authority on helpline number or email ID or in person. After making the necessary changes, the authority will re-issue the admit card. The required contact details are as under:
KCET Admit Card – What If I Forget My Login Credentials?
Candidates’ login credentials are generated during the KCET registration process. Though the authority advises candidates to retain these details for future use, there is a possibility that they might forget or lose them. As applicants cannot access the admit card without their login credentials, the authority also provides the facility to retrieve the same online.
Follow the steps mentioned below to recover the KCET application number and password:
- Go to the official website of KEA
- Tap on the given link for ‘Forgot Application Number?’ or ‘Forgot Password?’ (as per the requirement)
- Mention your name, mobile number, date of birth and email ID in the given field
- Candidates will get the application number and the password at their registered email address
What If I Fail To Download The KCET Admit Card 2020?
There are various instances when applicants fail to get the access to the KCET admit card online. This could be because of entering incorrect login credentials, leaving the application form incomplete, technical error due to poor internet connection etc.
Please note that Karnataka Examination Authority will only issue the admit card to the candidates who have completely filled and submitted the application form and made the payment of application fee before the deadline. Sometimes, the application form gets rejected due to the reasons like invalid email ID, photograph not provided, signature not done properly, incomplete details, etc. If you’ve submitted the application form successfully and are still not able to download the hall ticket, check the following:
- Internet Connectivity – Make sure you have proper internet connectivity with a good speed.
- Login Credentials – Ensure that the login credentials provided by you are correct.
- Recommended Browser – Always use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (for Apple devices) to download the KCET hall ticket.
KCET Admit Card – Exam Schedule
KCET exam will take place on July 30 and July 31, 2020. The Karnataka Examination Authority has also released the timings of the papers. All the appearing applicants must bring the hard copy of their KCET admit card at the examination centre. The invigilator will check the documents and then provide entry to the candidates. KCET exam dates and timings are mentioned below:
KCET 2020 Exam Timings
|July 30, 2020||10.30 am to 11.50 am (Biology) & 02.30 pm to 03.50 pm (Mathematics)|
|July 31, 2020||10.30 am to 11.50 am (Physics) & 02.30 pm to 03.50 pm (Chemistry)|
|August 1, 2020||11.30 am to 12.30 pm (Kannada language)|
KCET Admit Card – Exam Centres
Candidates need to opt for the KCET test centres as per their preference during registration and application process. KCET exam will be held across 53 cities within Karnataka state. For the Kannada Language Test, the test centre will be in Bangalore ONLY. Below is the list of KCET test cities:
What And What Not To Carry With KCET Admit Card 2020?
As already mentioned, the authority asks candidates to bring their respective KCET admit cards while appearing for the exam. Other documents include:
- Latest passport size photograph
- One valid identity proof (PAN card or Aadhaar card or passport or college ID card)
- Admission ticket of Class 12th or 2nd PUC
- Two ball point pens
KEA restricts candidates to avoid bringing below given items at the exam centre:
- Electronic items like pagers, digital watch, gadgets, cell phones, calculators, bluetooth, wireless sets, white fluid, etc.
- Pieces of paper, study material, pencils, log table, books, notes, etc.
- Beverages, eatables, water bottles, etc.
- Accessories like watch, handbag, camera, wallet, cap and other ornaments
If any test taker is found with the above given restricted items at the examination hall, the authority has the right to take penal action.
KCET Admit Card – Exam Day Instructions
On the examination day, applicants need to stick to the below-given guidelines set by the authority to avoid any inconvenience:
- Candidates must reach the exam centre well before the reporting time.
- KCET admit card along with an ID proof are mandatory documents without which the invigilator will not allow entry to the candidates.
- Examinees must pay attention to the caution bells at various intervals.
- The invigilator will give instructions to candidates inside the examination hall and they must follow the same.
- If a candidate is found writing anything else on the answer sheet or using abusive language or getting indulged in illicit activities, the authority reserves the right to disqualify him/her.
- The questions will be available in both English and Kannada languages.
- If an examinee marks different answers in both English and Kannada versions, the English version will be considered.
- Applicants are not permitted to borrow anything from any candidate in the exam hall.
- Test takers must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator.
- Candidates can leave the examination hall only after the completion of the exam.
FAQs – KCET Admit Card
✔️ Will I get the KCET 2020 admit card through post or courier?
No. KCET 2020 admit card will be released online only on the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Candidates are advised to take the printout of the hall ticket and preserve it until the admission process gets over.
✔️ Is a damaged KCET admit card allowed at the exam centre?
No. A damaged KCET admit card is of no use and the candidates who carry the same will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Hence, to avoid any last-minute hassle, the examinees are allowed to keep at least two printouts of KCET 2020 hall ticket when they approach the exam centre.
✔️ By what time must the candidates reach the KCET test centre?
All the test takers must be present at the test venue 45 minutes before the scheduled timing. It will help them avoid any last-minute hassle at the KCET examination centre.
✔️ Can I leave the examination hall in the middle of the KCET 2020 exam?
No. Candidates cannot leave the examination hall before the completion of the KCET 2020 exam duration. Test takers are advised to enter the exam hall on time and leave after completion of exam hours.
✔️ Is it possible to make changes in the exam centre after the release of KCET 2020 admit card?
No. The exam centre cannot be modified once the KCET 2020 admit card is issued online. Candidates are suggested to select the KCET exam centres carefully during the application submission process.