Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) released the KCET application form on February 5, 2020 at 11 am. Previously, the deadline to submit the application form was March 2, 2020 by 5.30 pm. However, due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Karnataka decided to reopen the KCET application process on May 08, 2020 and extend the last date of submission to May 18, 2020. Moreover, the facility of application correction window was previously scheduled from May 20 to May 31, 2020 till 6 pm but KEA has recently announced that the application correction window will be reopened for the last time. Candidates will now be able to correct the details in their KCET 2020 application form from 26th June to 29th June, till 6 pm. Also, Aspirants can make amends in their preference of exam centers, through online mode, till the 29th June 2020. The postponed schedule of KCET examination was updated on the KEA website and it will take place on July 30 and July 31, 2020. Moreover, the Kannada Language Test will take place on August 1, 2020.
The aspirants willing to apply for Karnataka common entrance test are required to fill the application form online and submit the same before the deadline. Applicants need to visit the official website of KEA to access the KCET 2020 application form. Before proceeding with the application submission, candidates are recommended to go through the eligibility requirements carefully to avoid cancellation of candidature. It is necessary for the candidates to follow the steps involved in the KCET application form 2020 filling process that include online registration, filling up of mandatory details in the form, uploading documents, and finally, fee payment.
1. Karnataka Exam Authority, the governing body of the KCET 2020, has reopened the application form correction facility for the KCET 2020 from 26th June to 29th June 29th June 2020 (till 6 pm). Also, Aspirants can make changes in their preference of exam centers, through online mode, till the 29th June 2020.
2. Karnataka Exam Authority, the governing body of the KCET 2020, has released the admit cards for the eligible candidates appearing for the KCET 2020. KEA released the admit cards or hall ticket for KCET 2020 on 17th July 2020.
Table of Contents
- KCET Application Form – Important Dates
- KCET Application Form – Required Documents and Details
- KCET Application Form – Scanned Documents & Their Specifications
- KCET Application Form – Step-by-Step Process
- KCET Application Form – FAQs
- ✔️ Can I check the status of KCET application form 2020 after submission?
- ✔️ What are the available modes for KCET application fee payment?
- ✔️ Does the KCET application fee amount depend upon the category of the candidates?
- ✔️ What if I carelessly entered some invalid information in the KCET application form?
- ✔️ What if there occurs some technical error during KCET application fee submission through net banking and the amount gets deducted?
KCET Application Form – Important Dates
Karnataka Examination Authority has released the notification for the events related to KCET 2020 application form on its website. Aspirants should pay heed to the revised schedule of application form submission, correction window, examination dates etc.
Events Calendar for KCET 2020
|Online registration process||February 5, 2020 (11 am)|
|Deadline to submit KCET application form||March 2, 2020 (5:30 pm)|
|Last date to pay application fee in banks||March 6, 2020|
|Reopening of KCET application form||May 8 to May 18, 2020|
|Opening of application correction window||June 26 (6 pm) to June 29, 2020 (6 pm) (Extended)|
|Release of KCET admit card||July 17 2020|
|KCET 2020 exam dates||July 30 and July 31, 2020 (Kannada Language on August 1, 2020)|
Who is eligible to apply for KCET 2020?
KEA prescribes certain eligibility requirements that the aspirants must fulfill to apply for KCET. In case of ineligibility, the authority may cancel the aspirants’ candidature during any stage of the admission. The course-wise eligibility criteria for KCET are mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses
1. Qualifying Exam: Aspirants must have passed the class 12th or 2nd PUC or other equivalent exam from a recognized board.
2. Minimum Marks & Subjects: Candidates must have attained minimum 45% aggregate marks (General category) or 40% aggregate marks (SC and ST category) in the qualifying exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and one optional subject from Biology/Chemistry/Electronics/Biotechnology/Computer Science. Also, applicants must have studied English as a language subject at 10+2 level.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Arch Course
1. Qualifying Exam and subjects: Candidates should have cleared class 12th or 2nd PUC or other equivalent exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics being the mandatory subjects and English being the language subject.
2. Minimum Marks: Aspirants must have secured minimum 50% marks (General category) or 45% aggregate marks (SC , ST category) in the qualifying exam.
3. To apply for KCET 2020, the aspirants must have qualified NATA or JEE Paper 2.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Pharma Course
1. Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have cleared class 12th or 2nd PUC or an equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology as main subjects and English as a language subject.
2. Minimum Marks: Minimum 50% score is required by General category candidates and 40% by SC and ST category aspirants.
Important Note: The candidates who come under the quota of NCC and sports will have to furnish the relevant certificate to avail the benefits provided by the Karnataka Government for KCET applicants. Similarly, the aspirants who belong to multiple Special Categories must submit the supporting documents to the examination authority in person.
If any of the candidates fail to meet the eligibility criteria, KEA reserves the right to cancel their candidature at any point of time during the admission process.
KCET Application Form – Required Documents and Details
As recommended by the authority, candidates must possess the below mentioned documents/information while filling KCET 2020 application form online:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Scanned copies of signature and photograph
- Valid email address and contact number
- Identity proof to enter the personal details correctly
- Details of bank account for application fee payment
KCET Application Form – Scanned Documents & Their Specifications
Uploading the scanned images of signature and photograph is one of the major steps during the KCET application form submission. KEA has defined some specifications to upload the documents online and the candidates must stick to the same. The below given table mentions the file size and dimensions of the documents to be uploaded:
Specifications of Documents
|Scanned documents||File Size||Dimension||Format|
|Photograph||6 KB to 39 KB||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG or JPEG|
|Signature||3 KB to 39 KB||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||JPG or JPEG|
|Left hand thumb impression||6 KB to 39 KB||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||JPG or JPEG|
|Parents’ thumb impression||3 KB to 39 KB||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||JPG or JPEG|
Points to remember while uploading documents
- Selfie or photo taken from smart phone is not allowed
- The face should be clear with no red eye
- White or light shaded (white) background is preferred
- Signature image must be visible and clear
Steps to Fill and Submit KCET Application Form 2020
The eligible aspirants need to follow the steps given below to complete the KCET application process:
- Creating login credentials
- Filling mandatory details in KCET application form
- Uploading of documents
- Payment of application fee
- Taking printouts of application form
KCET Application Form – Step-by-Step Process
Due to the various steps involved, candidates may find it difficult to fill the KCET application form. It must be noted that the authority will not consider any incorrect or invalid information in the application form. Hence, for the convenience of the candidates, we have put down the step-by-step process of KCET application form submission below:
Online Registration for KCET
- Go to the official web portal of KEA, i.e., www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Tap on the ‘Apply Now’ button
- The page displaying ‘New user registration’ will appear on the screen
- Mention your basic information like nationality, name, gender, email ID, contact number, date of birth, address, etc. and click the submit tab
- One time password will be sent to your contact number and email ID
- After the verification of OTP, candidates will receive their login credentials (user ID and password)
Candidates need to save these details and revisit the web portal of KEA to login to the registered account with the given user ID and password. After logging in, the aspirants can access KCET 2020 application form online.
Filling of KCET application form
To fill the application form, candidates need to click on the ‘KCET application form’ tab present at the login page. Start filling the below given information properly in the application form:
1. Personal Details: Mother tongue, religion, category, nationality, caste category, annual income of parents, eligibility code, income certificate details, test centre address, etc.
2. Contact Details: Communication and permanent address, pin code, state, district, place of passing class 10th (whether Karnataka or not), residential state, special category details, state and district (where one appeared for his/her qualifying exam), reservation quota for agriculturist (whether eligible or not) etc.
3. Academic Details: Details of educational qualification from 1st standard to 12th standard that include name and address of the school or college, mobile number, year of passing, number of classes attended etc.
4. Exam-related Information: Name of board or university or college or school, PUC student number or year of graduation, whether appeared for Karnataka 2nd PUC annual examination 2020 (Science) or not, whether studied the classes from 1st to 12th in the state of Karnataka or not, if the medium is Kannada or not.
5. Details of Previous CET Examinations: Whether appeared for the exam in previous years or not, application or CET number, other admission details etc.
After filling the above details, click on ‘submit’ or ‘next’ tab.
Uploading of Documents
Uploading of documents in the specifications mentioned above (in the article) is a crucial step, and a single mistake may lead to the rejection of application. Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of their signature, passport size photograph, parents’ signature and left hand thumb impression exactly in compliance with the pre-defined format.
Once candidates upload the documents, they will be directed to the declaration page. As suggested by the concerned authority, the applicants must understand the complete declaration thoroughly and then click on the submit button. After the completion of this step, no further modifications are allowed.
KCET Application Fee Payment
Once candidates submit the KCET 2020 application form, they must proceed to the fee payment page. Applicants can pay the fee amount through e-challan or net banking. Read the steps below to know about KCET application fee payment through e-challan:
- Provide name, details of course and college, CET number, amount of fee, bank account details etc while making the payment through challan
- Submit the challan at one of the selected banks
- It is mandatory for the candidates to save the challan copy for further use
KCET application fee is different for various categories. Below given table contains category wise fee amount:
KCET Application Fee for Different Categories
|General and OBC (Karnataka state)||Rs 500|
|SC and ST (Karnataka state)||Rs 250|
|Outside the state of Karnataka (all categories)||Rs 750|
|Outside India (all categories)||Rs 5000|
|Female applicants (Karnataka state)||Rs 250|
Note: There will be an additional bank charge of Rs 10 for online payment. Also, the e-post office levies an additional charge of Rs 12 on e-challan.
Printout of Application Form
Taking the print out of KCET 2020 application form is the next and final step after fee payment. It is necessary for the candidates to paste their passport size photograph in the application form. They also need to sign and put their left hand thumb impression in the given space. As per KEA guidelines, the applicants need to get the signature and seal of the institute from where they had cleared the qualifying exam. Retaining the hard copy of KCET application form along with the bank challan is mandatory as the authority will verify the documents during the counselling process.
Note: KEA will not consider any modification or change in the caste, category and income-related information provided by the candidates.
KCET Application Form – How to Retrieve Login Credentials?
Forgetting the login ID or password of the registered KCET account is quite probable. The authority provides the facility of regenerating the password for the candidates. Follow the below given steps to recover your KCET login password:
- Go to the official web portal of Karnataka Examination Authority
- Tap on the link ‘Forgot Password?’
- Mention the registered email ID and the generated verification code and submit the same
- The new password will be sent to the candidates’ email address
KCET Application Form – Checking the Application Status
KEA provides the online facility where candidates need to login to their registered account with KCET to see the real-time status of their application form. Though the authority sends the notification of application submission to the candidates’ email ID as a part of confirmation, some of them may still want clarity on it. By following the steps given below, applicants can see the status of KCET application form:
- Go to the official web portal of KEA
- Mention the application number and password
- Tap on ‘submit’ tab
- If the application form is accepted, the page carrying the link ‘download acknowledgement page’ will appear on the screen
- In case of incomplete form, the status will be shown as ‘pending’
KCET Application Form – Availability of Correction Window
Karnataka Examination Authority facilitates the candidates with an application correction window to modify the discrepancy (if any) in the application form. The correction window was available on KEA website from May 20 to May 31, 2020. Modifying the application form before the deadline is a mandatory requirement as the candidates will get only a single chance to rectify the errors. Note that this correction window facility is online and only certain fields can be edited. Below given steps will guide the candidates to make changes in KCET application form:
- Go to the official website of KEA, i.e. www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Tap on the link “Editing KCET 2020 Application”
- Mention user name in the given field
- Enter OTP sent to the registered contact number
- Make changes in the application form
- Click on declare tab
- Save and submit the changes by hitting the relevant tab
- Take the print out of the corrected application form
KCET Application Form – Key Facts
- KCET application form is available online on the official website of KEA.
- There’s no need to send the hard copy of the filled KCET application form to the concerned authority.
- Checking the eligibility criteria is mandatory before applying for KCET.
- Reviewing the KCET application form before submission is highly recommended.
- No change in the registered email ID and mobile number of the candidates is permitted
- KCET application correction window facility is available online.
- Any delay in payment confirmation should not panic the candidates as the authority confirms the same within 48 hours.
- The candidates must submit the application form before the last date as the authority will reject the application.
- Be careful while uploading the scanned documents online as any mismatch in the specifications and format may result in application rejection.
- Candidates are allowed to make changes in the application form multiple times before submitting their declaration. Afterwards, applicants will not be permitted to add, delete or edit any priorly filled information in the application form without using the correction window facility.
- The printout of KCET application form and challan copy are required later for document verification.
KCET Application Form – FAQs
✔️ Can I check the status of KCET application form 2020 after submission?
Yes, you can login to the registered KCET account and go to the application status page to check whether your status is accepted, pending or rejected.
✔️ What are the available modes for KCET application fee payment?
Candidates can pay the application fee through net banking or e-challan modes only. No other mode of KCET application fee payment is available.
✔️ Does the KCET application fee amount depend upon the category of the candidates?
Yes, the amount of application fee differs from one category to another. For instance, General and OBC candidates of Karnataka state need to pay Rs 500 as application fee while the KCET application fee for the candidates outside from Karnataka is Rs 750.
✔️ What if I carelessly entered some invalid information in the KCET application form?
KEA provides an online correction window to rectify the errors. However, candidates can edit only certain fields. The application correction window for KCET 2020 is now reopened from June 26 to June 29, 2020.
✔️ What if there occurs some technical error during KCET application fee submission through net banking and the amount gets deducted?
If any technical error occurs during the KCET application fee payment, candidates should wait for 48 hours to get confirmation. If the payment is declined, it will be reversed to the source of payment by KEA.