New Delhi, 21 June 2022: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main admit card 2022 for Session-1 on its official website. Aspirants who have applied this year can now download their JEE Main admit card from jeemain.nta.nic.in with the help of their application number and date of birth.
The JEE Main admit card is a mandatory document that candidates must bring with them when entering the exam center. Candidates should be aware that they will not be permitted to enter the exam hall if they do not have their admit cards.
Note: JEE Main is a three-hour exam divided into three sections: mathematics, physics, and chemistry. The questions are of the objective variety, with four options to each question. Applicants must fill out an OMR sheet with the correct answers.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Exam Dates 2022
- JEE Main 2022 Admit Card – Common Errors
- JEE Main NTA 2022 – FAQs
JEE Main Exam Dates 2022
|JEE Main Registration Closed||25th April 2022 (11:50 PM)|
|JEE Main 2022 (Session1) Admit Card Release Date||21 June 2022|
|JEE Main Exam Date (Session 1)||20th June to 29th June 2022|
|JEE Main Exams Ending On||29th June 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 (Session 2) Admit Card Release Date||To Be Announced Soon|
|JEE Main Exam Date (Session 2)||21st July to 30th July 2022|
|JEE Main Exam Timings||First Shift: 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Second Shift: 3:00 p.m – 6:00 p.m
|Recommended Browsers to Download Admit Card||Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge|
|JEE NTA Helpline Number and Email Address||
How to Download the JEE Main 2022 Admit Card?
Here are the steps that candidates must follow in order to obtain their JEE Main 2022 admit card for Session 1:
- Visit the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Scroll down to the Candidate Activity section.
- Click on the JEE Main Session 1 admit card link.
- Fill in the credentials correctly to log in.
- Then download the admit card.
- Take a print out for the examination center.
- To avoid any last-minute problems, carefully read the exam day instructions as mentioned on the JEE admit card 2022.
- JEE Main admit card is a mandatory requirement that must be brought to the JEE Main exam center on the exam day, along with a valid ID proof.
- Candidates must also bring the COVID-19 self-declaration form that was downloaded along with the admit card.
- If candidates find any errors on their hall ticket, they need to email the authorities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NTA JEE Main helpline number at 0120-6895200 or 011-40759000.
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card – Common Errors
The common errors that may be present in downloading the JEE Main admit card 2022 include:
- Spelling mistakes in name or any other personal information: A candidate’s name, father’s name, etc., might be wrongly printed in the JEE Main admit card.
- Incorrect PwD/DA status: In case candidates have applied for a scribe based on Persons with Disability and Differently Abled PwD/DA status, then make sure that the same is correctly mentioned on the admit card.
- Unclear photograph or signature: There might be a possibility that the photo and signature printed are not clearly visible.
- Incorrect category or gender: Category and gender must be correctly mentioned. If there is a discrepancy, do report the same.
- Wrong paper or language medium: Another error might be either in the paper or the language medium chosen during the application process.
JEE Main Session-1 Admit Card: Reasons Candidates Might Be Unable to Download their Admit Cards
JEE aspirants might have trouble downloading their admit card at times. The major reasons for that are listed below, along with solutions:
- Internet connectivity issues: Connectivity issues can be a major stumbling block at times. As a result, it is recommended to ensure that the internet speed is adequate when downloading the JEE Main admit card.
- Server issues due to high traffic on the website: There is a possibility of excessive traffic on the JEE NTA website. In such cases, it is recommended that candidates try again after some time, most likely after 2-3 hours.
- Incomplete JEE Main application: If the application form is incomplete or any detail (including a blurred photograph) is incorrectly entered, JEE aspirants will not be issued the admit card. Unfortunately, no solution exists in this case and one needs to wait for the next session’s application process to begin.
- Failure to meet the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2022: If candidates do not meet the eligibility requirements, NTA will not issue the JEE admit card. So, before applying for the next session, one needs to make sure that they are eligible to appear for the exam.
JEE Main NTA 2022 – FAQs
What is JEE Main?
JEE Main is a test conducted by the National Testing Agency for students who aspire to pursue undergraduate courses in top engineering colleges in India. It is the first phase of the IIT Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE). Through this examination, one can seek admission in IITs, CFITs, NITs, and other governement-funded technical institutes.
Will a soft copy of the JEE Main admit card 2022 be accepted at the exam center on the day of the JEE exam?
No, the authorities will not allow candidates to sit for the exam with a soft copy of their admit card. They need to mandatorily carry a hard copy/printout of the admit card along with a valid ID proof to the exam center.
I am appearing for both JEE Main B.Tech and B.Arch papers. Will NTA issue a separate admit card for both?
Yes, NTA will issue separate JEE Main admit cards for paper 1 (B.Tech) and paper 2 (B.Arch). One has to download the admit cards for the respective papers from the official JEE Main website - jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Can I leave the JEE Main exam center if I complete the paper early?
No, candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam center before the test concludes. So, even if they complete the exam early, they have to wait for the complete duration of the exam or till the invigilators ask all the candidates to leave the exam hall.