New Delhi, 6 February 2023 – Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – The Indian Navy is accepting applications for 248 Civilian Personnel positions. Eligible candidates may submit an online application on its official website at, joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Applications will be accepted starting on 7 February 2023, and must be submitted by 7 March 2023.
Table of Contents
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – General Overview
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – Eligibility and Selection Process for Civilian Personnel Posts
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – Educational Qualification for Civilian Personnel Posts
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – Examination Fee
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – Selection Process
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – How to Apply?
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – FAQs
- Q1) How many posts of Civilian Personnel are available in the Indian Navy in 2023?
- Q2) What is the last date to apply for the posts of Civilian Personnel in the Indian Navy in 2023?
- Q3) What is the age limit to apply for the post of Civilian Personnel in the Indian Navy in 2023?
- Q4) Where can candidates apply for the posts of Civilian Personnel for the Indian Navy recruitment in 2023?
|Types of Positions||Civilian Personnel|
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Mumbai||117 vacancies|
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Karwar||55 vacancies|
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Goa||2 vacancies|
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Visakhapatnam||57 vacancies|
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Rambili
|Naval Armament Depot (NAD), Sunabeda||2 vacancies|
|Application Start Date||7 February 2023|
|Application Deadline||7 March 2023|
|Where to Apply?||joinindiannavy.gov.in|
The candidate’s age must be between 18 and 25 years old as of 7 March 2023.
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||Period of military service + 3 years|
|Unreserved Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||10 years|
|OBC Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||13 years|
|SC / ST Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||15 years|
|Skilled (Ammunition Mechanic)||
(ii) Electronic Mechanic or
(iii) Electroplater or
(iv) Fitter or
(v) Instrument Mechanic or
(vi) Machinist or
(vii) Mechanic, Communication Equipment Maintenance
|Remaining posts||The applicant must have passed Class 10 or its equivalent from a recognised board.|
Indian Navy Recruitment 2023 – Nature of Duties / Job Profile
These are the general responsibilities for the positions:
|Fitter Armament||Repair, maintenance and defect rectification of small arms and armaments in the workshop and onboard replacement of defective parts with spares etc.|
|Driver Crane Mobile||Operation of tractors and mobile cranes.|
|Shipwright (Joiner)||Carpentry work, box repair, furniture repair work etc.|
|Painter||Painting works of all kinds, including stencilling, painting signboards, patching up weaponry, etc.|
|Electric Fitter||Electrical work in the workshop, repair of broken machines, and onboard electrical work.|
|Ammunition Mechanic||Repair and maintenance of ammunition/explosives.|
- Candidates must pay a fee of INR 205 online by net banking, Visa, Mastercard, RuPay credit/debit cards, or UPI (with the exception of SC/ST/ex-servicemen and women candidates who are exempt from payment of the fee).
Candidates will be selected in compliance with existing regulations promulgated by the competent authority. These are the provisions:
|Modes of Selection||
|Screening of Applications
|The Indian Navy would not thoroughly review online applications to allow applicants to appear for the exam. A later stage will involve a thorough review of the documents.|
|Shortlisting of Applications||
|Document Verification||At the time of document verification, all original documents referring to a person’s age, education, identification, address, category, caste validity certificate, apprentice school certificate, etc., must be produced.|
Step 1) Candidates must submit their applications online at joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Step 2) Click on the link that reads “Join Navy” at the top of the page.
Step 3) Click “Ways to Join,” “Civilian,” and finally “Tradesman Skilled.”
Step 4) Candidates must complete the application form, pay the applicable fee, and save the document for future reference.
The Indian Navy is accepting applications for 248 Civilian Personnel positions in 2023.
The deadline for submitting applications for the posts of Civilian Personnel in the Indian Navy is 7 March 2023.
The candidate’s age must be between 18 and 25 years old as of 7 March 2023. Age restrictions will be relaxed for candidates as per guidelines.
Candidates can apply for the posts of Civilian Personnel at the Indian Navy’s official website – www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.