New Delhi, 02 November, 2021: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has decided to exempt first-year UG and PG students from appearing in the Term End Exams (TEE) for the current academic session of 2021. As per the criterion, final grades will be awarded on the basis of average marks secured by students in their second year.
Here is the list of all exempted courses:
|1st Year of Bachelor Degree Programmes||1st Year of Master Degree Programmes|
|BAG, BCOMG, BSCG BTS, BAVTM, BAECH, BAHIH, BAPSH, BAPCH, BAPAH, BASOH,
BSCANH, BAEGH, BAHDH, BSWG, BSCBCH
(Registered in July 2020 admission session)
|MCOM, MEG, MHD, MPS, MAH, MSO, MAPC, MEC, MPA, MAAN, MGPS, MARD, MSCDFSM,
MSCCFT, MSW, MSWC, MAEDU, MADE, MAAE,
MTTM, MAPY, MADVS, MAWGS, MAGD, MATS,
(Registered in July 2020
|BCA – 1st and 2nd Semester, registered in
January 2021 admission session
|MSC (MACS)- 1st and 2nd Semester, registered in January 2021 admission session|
IGNOU 2021 Examinations: TEE Announcement Details
- Exemption is not applicable to practical examinations, assignments, project reports, dissertation, internship, field work journal, etc.
- Examination fees already paid by existing students for the TEE (June 2021) for exempted courses will be adjusted against the examination fee payable for second-year courses.
- Students who do not want the exemption are free to appear for the Term-end-Examination of the first year courses, which will be held in December 2021 or afterwards (until the expiry of the maximum duration of their respective programmes). Their attempt will be subject to the fulfillment of other eligibility terms and conditions.
- The results/marks/grades in the TEE for first year courses, covered under the exemption scheme mentioned above, will be updated by the university only after the completion of the TEE of the all courses of the second year.
- The exemption scheme is applicable for all the courses of first year on account of Covid-19. No partial exemption is allowed.
Note: The examination for the second year courses of the Bachelor Degree Programmes (registered in the July 2020 admission session) and the BCA Degree Programme (registered in January 2021 admission session) for the 3rd and 4th semesters will be held in December 2021.