New Delhi, 15 February 2022: The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) is expected to conduct the Class 10 Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and the Class 12 Indian School Certificate (ISC) semester-2 examinations in the last week of April 2022. The timetable for the ICSE semester-2 examinations will be released soon on the official website.
Note: Conducting the exam in April will give schools enough time to complete the syllabus and conduct revisions.
Table of Contents
ICSE, ISC Semester-2 Exams 2022: Details
- The syllabus for ICSE and ISC exams have been reduced and divided due to the crisis because of the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation.
- The board also advised schools to not conduct any pre-board exams for ICSE and ISC candidates before the completion of syllabi and holistic revisions.
- CISCE further directed the schools to hold pre-board exams between the last week of March and April 2022.
- CISCE had declared the ISC and ICSE semester-1 exam result on 7 February 2022 and published the results on the board’s official website.
- In 2020, around 85,611 students passed the ISC exam out of the 88,409 participants, while 2,06,525 students passed the ICSE examination out of 2,07,902 students who attended the exam.
About CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations)
- The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has been constituted to secure suitable representation of Government of India, State Governments/Union Territories in which there are schools affiliated to the council, the Inter-State Board for Anglo-Indian Education, the Association of Indian Universities, the Association of Heads of Anglo-Indian Schools, the Indian Public Schools’ Conference, the Association of Schools for the ISC Examination and members co-opted by the executive committee of the council.
- CISCE is committed to serving the nation’s children through high-quality educational endeavors.
- The council also aims to empower the students to contribute towards a humane, just, and pluralistic society and promote introspective living by creating exciting learning opportunities with a commitment to excellence.