IBPS PO results – Results are announced in three stages – prelim results, mains results and final interview results. After the final results are declared and candidates have secured the cut off required to pass the interview, a list of candidates will be made for provisional allotments for PO posts in banks across the country.
In this article, you will become familiar with the process of checking results online, result schedule for prelims and mains and scorecard details.
Table of Contents
- IBPS PO Results – Latest updates
- IBPS PO Result – Result Scorecard
- IBPS PO Result – How to Check Results?
- IBPS PO Result – Stages of IBPS PO Exam
- IBPS PO Result – FAQs
- Q. What happens when an IBPS PO applicant forgets his/her application password and faces issues with login?
- Q. How are the scores calculated through the normalisation process?
- Q. Is it possible to review the IBPS PO interview marks?
- Q. Is it possible for the applicants to see the answer sheet?
- Q. If an applicant is not happy with his IBPS PO marks, what can he do?
IBPS PO Results – Latest updates
IBPS PO 2019 prelim and mains exam was held and results were declared as scheduled. Provisional allotments of posts have been delayed due to the corona outbreak. IBPS has postponed the declaration of IBPS PO (VIII) 2018 result of provisional allotment under reserve list until further notice. Candidates should check the prelim, mains and interview results on the dates scheduled by IBPS.
IBPS announced the tentative IBPS PO 2020 exams dates. However, specific dates for application, admit card, cut off etc. will be announced later on (when the applications start).
Do you fulfill all criteria to become eligible for appearing in this banking exam? Read IBPS PO eligibility here.
IBPS PO 2019 – Important dates
Prelims exam day
October 12, 13, 19 and 20, 2019
IBPS PO prelims result declaration
November 1, 2019
Final date to check prelim results
November 8, 2019
IBPS PO prelims scorecard
November 8, 2019
Mains exam day
November 30, 2019
Mains result declared
January 2, 2020
Mains scorecard released
January 9, 2020
Mains scorecard released for shortlisted interview candidates.
March 17, 2020
2019 Interview (completed) and provisional allotment
Allotment of PO posts is delayed due to corona outbreak.
IBPS PO 2020 exam notification
August 2020 (tentative)
To know how to register for the exam, read IBPS PO Registration article here.
IBPS PO Result – Result Scorecard
IBPS PO Result scorecard consist of the following:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Date of exam
- Maximum score (final and section-wise)
- Cut off marks
- Generally, the results get live on this link
IBPS PO Result – How to Check Results?
Steps to find out the results and download the scorecard:
- Visit the IBPS official website
- Go to the result link for respective stages of exam (prelim, mains or interview)
- Enter registration details – roll number and password/date of birth to log in.
- Results are displayed on the screen and you can download and print it.
IBPS PO Result – Stages of IBPS PO Exam
- The preliminary exam of IBPS PO comprises three sections – English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Every section’s score is calculated individually.
- 100 marks are allotted to all the prelims sub-sections combined.
- Candidates have to qualify in each test by securing the minimum qualifying marks.
- Scores obtained in individual sections, when added together, make up a final score.
- In the mains exam, you are required to answer questions related to the topics – Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General Awareness, Economy & Banking Knowledge, English Language and Data Interpretation.
- There is also a descriptive paper containing questions from English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
- The total marks in the main exam is 225.
- Candidates who qualify the main exam with the required cut off are called for an personal interview.
- The ratio of marks weightage given to mains exam and interview is 80:20.
- Only high merit candidates are able to qualify the interview and are selected for the banking posts.
- If two candidates get the same score, the merit is decided on the basis of date of birth.
IBPS PO Result – FAQs
Q. What happens when an IBPS PO applicant forgets his/her application password and faces issues with login?
The password is shared on the registered mobile and email ID. If the login is getting invalid, you must check if your login details are correct and attempt to login again.
Q. How are the scores calculated through the normalisation process?
Scores of candidates are calculated based on the normalisation process because the exam is conducted in multiple sessions.
The normalisation of exam marks is done using the Equi-Percentile method. Let us see how it is done.
- First, the percentile rank of the students for each shift of the exam is calculated using the formula given below:
- After that, based on the number of available vacancies, a cutoff percentile rank is decided.
- Based on this cutoff score, candidates are shortlisted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Q. Is it possible to review the IBPS PO interview marks?
No, there is no provision to review the interview marks in the IBPS PO exam.
Q. Is it possible for the applicants to see the answer sheet?
As the IBPS PO exams are held online, the answer sheets are never released for applicants .
Q. If an applicant is not happy with his IBPS PO marks, what can he do?
He can post his query at the CGRS portal to get help regarding his dissatisfaction with the final scores in IBPS PO exam.