New Delhi, 08 March 2022: On 8 March 2022, the Haryana Education Minister – Kanwar Pal – announced that free tablets will soon be given to students of Classes 10 to 12 across the state for the ongoing academic session 2022-23. In line with this, the Haryana government has decided to purchase five lakh tablets. These tablets will be soon given to the students studying in Classes 10 to 12.
हरियाणा सरकार द्वारा अगले शैक्षणिक सत्र के दौरान राजकीय विद्यालयों में सेकेंडरी कक्षा में पढ़ रहे 5 लाख से अधिक छात्रों को मई 2022 तक नि:शुल्क इंटरनेट डाटा सहित “टैबलेट” उपलब्ध करवाए जाएंगे। pic.twitter.com/767xws2vZx
— CMO Haryana (@cmohry) March 7, 2022
Table of Contents
Haryana Govt Tablet Distribution: Details
- For this initiative, a total of INR 620 crore will be spent to buy these tablets.
- The tablets will be preloaded with content along with personalized and adaptive learning software.
- Free internet data will be provided to the students by May 2022.
Haryana Govt Tablet Distribution: Aims and Objectives
- This initiative aims to bridge the gap in digital education for most of the children studying in government schools.
- These students are from economically weaker and deprived sections and who are not able to buy devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Within the initiative, digital material, e-books, different types of test videos and study material related to class-wise syllabus in government schools will be available on the tablets.
- The scheme aims to bridge the gap in the digital education of most of the children studying in government schools, who are from economically weaker and deprived sections and who are not able to buy devices like smartphones and tablets.
- The state government has also decided to upgrade 845 colonies falling within the limits of municipalities with less civic amenities and infrastructure.
- For this, applications were invited from the Resident Welfare Association (RWA) and developers at the Town and Country Planning Department on its portal.
Similar Initiatives By Other State Governments
In 2021, the Uttar Pradesh government came up with a similar idea with the objective of helping the youth. As a part of the initiative, around 60,000 smartphones and 40,000 tablets were distributed to around 1 crore students. These gadgets gave access to information on employment opportunities and prepared these students for competitive exams.