IIT Bombay had announced the date of release for GATE admit card 2021 on on 8th January 2021. Candidates who have registered themselves for the GATE exam 2021 can download their respective admit cards from the official website – www.gate.iitb.ac.in. The deadline to download the GATE 2021 admit card was 4th February 2021. The entrance exam was successfully held on 6th,7th,13th and 14th February 2021.
Details about the exam venue, date and time, exam day guidelines, information regarding GATE paper, and candidates’ details will be mentioned on the GATE admit card 2021. Candidates must note that it will be mandatory to carry the GATE admit card along with a government-issued ID proof on the day of exam. Aspirants failing to do so will not be permitted to enter the examination hall. Check the procedure to download the hall ticket and other insights of GATE Admit Card 2021.
Table of Contents
- GATE Admit Card – Important Dates
- GATE Admit Card – Details Mentioned
- GATE Admit Card 2021 – Valid ID Proofs To Carry With Admit Card
- GATE Admit Card 2021 – Exam-day Guidelines
- GATE Admit Card 2021 – Exam Centres
- GATE Admit Card – FAQS
- ✔️ When will the authority release the admit card for GATE 2021?
- ✔️ Is the black & white printout of the GATE admit card valid?
- ✔️ How can I access the admit card of GATE 2021?
- ✔️ How can I login to the GATE admit card download portal?
- ✔️ How to fix any discrepancy in the details mentioned on the GATE admit card?
GATE Admit Card – Important Dates
|GATE Admit Card 2021 release||January 8, 2021|
|Deadline to download admit card||February 4, 2021|
|GATE 2021 exam||February 6,7,13 and 14, 2021|
|GATE Result announcement||March 22, 2021|
How To Download GATE Admit Card 2021?
Go through the below-mentioned steps to understand how to download the GATE 2021 admit card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of GATE 2021.
Step 2: Login to the online portal using your registered credentials.
Step 3: After logging in, click on the direct ‘download admit card’ link.
Step 4: Candidates will now be redirected to their admit card window.
Step 5: Download the admit card and take multiple printouts (at least 2 to 3) of the same.
Candidates must download and retain their GATE admit card until the end of the admission process.
GATE Admit Card Sample
GATE Admit Card – Details Mentioned
Below mentioned details will be enlisted on the admit card for GATE. Candidates are advised to go through the details carefully and contact the zonal IIT immediately in case of any discrepancy.
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
- Date and day of the exam
- Examination centre code
- Exam day guidelines
- Examination timings
- GATE 2021 paper code
- Name and address of the exam centre
- Registration number
- Signature of the organizing chairman of GATE
The contact details of the various IIT zonal offices are furnished below.
|Contact Address||Phone Number|
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore,
Bengaluru 560 012
|gate @ gate.iisc.ac.in|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400 076
gate2021 @ iitb.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
gate @ admin.iitd.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati 781 039
gate @ iitg.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur 208 016
gate @ iitk.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur 721 302
gate @ adm.iitkgp.ac.in
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600 036
|044-22578200||gate @ iitm.ac.in|
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
Roorkee 247 667
gate @ iitr.ac.in
GATE Admit Card 2021 – Valid ID Proofs To Carry With Admit Card
Candidates must carry one of the valid government-issued photo identity proofs along with their GATE admit card on the exam day.
Any one of the below mentioned IDs can be carried along with the GATE admit card –
|ID proofs that can be carried by Indian students to the GATE exam hall||ID proofs that can be carried by International students to the GATE exam hall|
|Valid College ID||Government Issued ID|
|Employee Identification Card|
What if I forget or misplace my GATE enrollment ID or password?
In case the candidates forget or misplace their enrollment ID and password, they should follow the below mentioned steps to retrieve their GATE login credentials.
To retrieve Enrollment ID:
- Go to the official website of GATE 2021.
- Click on “Forgot Enrollment ID” and enter your registered mobile number.
- The enrollment ID will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
To retrieve Password:
- Go to the official website of GATE 2021 and click on “Forgot Password”.
- Now click on ‘Request for an OTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidates by the authorities.
- After submitting the OTP, the candidates will be able to change their password.
GATE Admit Card 2021 – Exam-day Guidelines
The below-mentioned guidelines will help candidates experience a seamless GATE examination experience:
- Reach at your GATE exam centre well before the reporting time to ensure a smooth entry without facing any hustle-bustle.
- If you are not aware of the exact location of your GATE exam centre, visit the centre before the exam-day to eliminate the possibility of any confusion.
- Double check if you have kept all the requisites like GATE admit card and a valid ID proof before leaving for the exam.
- Don’t carry any restricted object like mobile phone, watches, calculator, or any other electronic gazette. GATE exam authorities may provide virtual scientific calculators.
- Always mention your name and GATE registration number on scribble pad (provided for rough work). The exam invigilator will check whether you have mentioned your details or not. Also, you need to submit the scribble pad after the exam.
GATE Admit Card 2021 – Exam Centres
The authorities will conduct the GATE 2021 exam at the below-mentioned exam centres.
Test Cities of GATE 2021
|Sonepat||Yamuna Nagar||Rohtak||Greater Noida||Mathura|
|Dhanbad||Jamshedpur||Ranchi||Bokaro Steel City||Dibrugarh|
GATE Admit Card – FAQS
The admit card for GATE 2021 was released on January 8, 2021. Eligible candidates must download the admit cards from the official website- www.gate.iitb.ac.in by using the Enrollment ID and password .
✔️ Is the black & white printout of the GATE admit card valid?
No. candidates have to download only the color printout of GATE admit card on an A4 sheet. The invigilator will reject the black & white printout and prohibit the entry to the exam hall.
✔️ How can I access the admit card of GATE 2021?
Admit cards shall be made available for download in online mode on the official website of the GATE 2021. Candidates need to login to the official website of GATE 2021 and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ tab. The GATE hall ticket will hit the screen. Download it and take the printout.
✔️ How can I login to the GATE admit card download portal?
The candidates will be required to login to the GATE portal using their credentials i.e. GATE registered ID, and password. The login credentials generated during GATE registration shall be used always for further login attempts.
✔️ How to fix any discrepancy in the details mentioned on the GATE admit card?
In case of any error or discrepancy on GATE admit card, candidates must immediately contact their respective zonal IIT for immediate action and help. Once they rectify the error, aspirants need to download the GATE hall ticket again.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on GATE Syllabus 2022.