IIT Kanpur has tentatively announced the date of release for the GATE admit card 2023 on 3rd January 2023. Candidates who have registered themselves for the GATE exam 2023 can download their respective admit cards from the official website – gate.iitk.ac.in. The deadline to download the GATE 2023 admit card will most probably be the first week of February 2023.
The GATE entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2023. All the details about the exam venue, date & time, exam day guidelines, information regarding GATE paper, and candidates’ details will be mentioned on the GATE admit card 2023. Candidates must also note that it will be mandatory to carry the GATE admit card 2023 along with a government-issued ID proof on the day of exam. Aspirants failing to do so will not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
Please have a look at the procedure to download the hall ticket and other insights of the GATE admit card 2023.
Table of Contents
- GATE Admit Card – Important Dates
- GATE Admit Card – Details Mentioned
- GATE Admit Card 2023 – Valid ID Proofs To Carry With Admit Card
- GATE Admit Card 2023 – Exam-day Guidelines
- GATE Admit Card 2023 – Exam Centres
- GATE Admit Card – FAQS
- ✔️ When will the authority release the admit card for GATE 2023?
- ✔️ Is the black & white printout of the GATE admit card valid?
- ✔️ How can I access the admit card of GATE 2023?
- ✔️ How can I login to the GATE admit card download portal?
- ✔️ How to fix any discrepancy in the details mentioned on the GATE admit card?
GATE Admit Card – Important Dates
|GATE Admit Card 2023 release date||January 3, 2023|
|Deadline to download GATE admit card||February 2023 first week|
|GATE 2023 exam||4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2023|
|GATE Result announcement||March 16, 2023|
How To Download GATE Admit Card 2023?
Go through the below-mentioned steps to understand how to download the GATE 2023 admit card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of GATE 2023 – gate.iitk.ac.in.
Step 2: Login to the online portal using your registered credentials.
Step 3: After logging in, click on the direct ‘download admit card’ link.
Step 4: Candidates will now be redirected to their admit card window.
Step 5: Download the admit card and take multiple printouts (at least 2 to 3) of the same.
Candidates must download and retain their GATE admit card 2023 until the end of the admission process.
GATE Admit Card Sample (2022)
GATE Admit Card – Details Mentioned
Below mentioned details will be enlisted on the admit card for GATE. Candidates are advised to go through the details carefully and contact the zonal IIT immediately in case of any discrepancy.
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph and signature of the candidate
- Date and day of the exam
- Examination centre code
- Exam day guidelines
- Examination timings
- GATE 2023 paper code
- Name and address of the exam centre
- Registration number
- Signature of the organizing chairman of GATE
The contact details of the various IIT zonal offices are furnished below.
|Contact Address||Phone Number||
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore,
Bengaluru 560 012
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai 400 076
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi,
Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110 016
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati,
Guwahati 781 039
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Kanpur 208 016
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur,
Kharagpur 721 302
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai 600 036
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee,
Roorkee 247 667
GATE Admit Card 2023 – Valid ID Proofs To Carry With Admit Card
Candidates must carry one of the valid government-issued photo identity proofs along with their GATE admit card on the exam day.
Any one of the below mentioned IDs can be carried along with the GATE admit card –
|ID proofs that can be carried by Indian students to the GATE exam hall||ID proofs that can be carried by International students to the GATE exam hall|
|Valid College ID||Government Issued ID|
|Employee Identification Card|
What if I forget or misplace my GATE enrollment ID or password?
In case the candidates forget or misplace their enrollment ID and password after GATE registration, they should follow the below mentioned steps to retrieve their GATE login credentials.
To retrieve GATE Enrollment ID:
- Go to the official website of GATE 2023.
- Click on “Forgot Enrollment ID” and enter your registered mobile number.
- The enrollment ID will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
To retrieve Password:
- Go to the official website of GATE 2023 and click on “Forgot Password”.
- Now click on ‘Request for an OTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidates by the authorities.
- After submitting the OTP, the candidates will be able to change their password.
GATE Admit Card 2023 – Exam-day Guidelines
The below-mentioned guidelines will help candidates experience a seamless GATE 2023 examination experience:
- Reach at your GATE exam centres well before the reporting time to ensure a smooth entry without facing any hustle.
- If you are not aware of the exact location of your GATE exam centre, visit the centre before the exam-day to eliminate the possibility of any confusion.
- Double check if you have kept all the requisites like GATE admit card and a valid ID proof before leaving for the exam.
- Don’t carry any restricted objects like mobile phones, watches, calculators, or any other electronic gadgets. GATE exam authorities may provide virtual scientific calculators.
- Always mention your name and GATE registration number on scribble pad (provided for rough work). The exam invigilator will check whether you have mentioned your details or not. Also, you need to submit the scribble pad after the exam.
GATE Admit Card 2023 – Exam Centres
The authorities will conduct the GATE 2023 exam at the below-mentioned exam centres.
Test Cities of GATE 2023
|Sonepat||Yamuna Nagar||Rohtak||Greater Noida||Mathura|
|Dhanbad||Jamshedpur||Ranchi||Bokaro Steel City||Dibrugarh|
For more information about GATE exam 2023 centres and zones, please click here.
GATE Admit Card – FAQS
The admit card for GATE 2023 will tentatively be released on January 3, 2023. Eligible candidates must download the admit cards from the official website- gate.iitk.ac.in by using their Enrollment IDs and passwords.
✔️ Is the black & white printout of the GATE admit card valid?
No. candidates have to download the color printout of GATE admit card on an A4 sheet. The invigilator will reject the black & white printout and prohibit the entry to the exam hall.
✔️ How can I access the admit card of GATE 2023?
Admit cards will be made available for download in online mode on the official website of the GATE 2023. Candidates need to login to the official website of GATE 2023 and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ tab. The GATE hall ticket will appear on the screen. Then, candidates can download it and take a printout for future use.
✔️ How can I login to the GATE admit card download portal?
The candidates will be required to login to the GATE portal using their credentials i.e. GATE registration ID and password. The login credentials generated during GATE registration shall be used always for further login attempts.
✔️ How to fix any discrepancy in the details mentioned on the GATE admit card?
In case of any error or discrepancy on GATE admit card, candidates must immediately contact their respective zonal IITs for immediate action and help. Once they rectify the error, aspirants need to download the GATE hall ticket again.