New Delhi, October 10 2022 – The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has announced that it will offer free UPSC Civil Services coaching to the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) category. Students will be selected on the basis of merit and will receive free coaching for both Preliminary and Main phases of the examination. The program will be offered by the Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (BHU). The coaching will be provided to 100 candidates from the SC category who will be appearing for the Civil Services examination.
Vice Chancellor of BHU, Professor Sudhir Kumar Jain, shared his thoughts at the inaugural function of this initiative held at the Malaviya Centre of Ethics and Human Values, BHU. He mentioned that the students will benefit from this facility and they should give their best to be successful and make the institute proud at the same time.
He also added that it is not a mere opportunity to get coached for competitive exams but also to have a chance to prepare themselves for future challenges in life. He has advised students to focus on developing life skills as well as building their personality – along with gaining theoretical knowledge.
Table of Contents
- Free UPSC Coaching – Overview of the Scheme
- Free UPSC Coaching for 100 SC Category Students
- Free UPSC Coaching – Approaches took by DACE
- Free UPSC Coaching – Details of the Programme
- UPSC Coaching Classes to Offer Vibrant Learning Environment – Professor Jain
- What is BHU?
- What is the last date to apply for BHU free coaching for SC students?
- Is there any registration fee for the BHU Civil Services coaching program?
- Are there any specific criteria to enroll for the BHU free coaching program?
Free UPSC Coaching – Overview of the Scheme
|Scheme Detail||Free Civil Services Coaching for 100 SC students|
|Launched by||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India|
|Launch Date||April 2022|
|Aim||To provide free coaching classes to SC candidates for the UPSC Civil Services examination|
|Executed by||Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence Scheme, BHU|
Free UPSC Coaching for 100 SC Category Students
On 22nd April 2022, the Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) launched its latest centre in Banaras Hindu University (BHU). The centre aims to provide free UPSC coaching classes to SC category students.
Out of the 100 available seats, 33% will be reserved for the female candidates belonging to the SC category. All the students will have access to well-maintained classrooms, a library, and internet – along with the latest pattern of UPSC Civil Services Exam syllabus.
The students will not only get academic help but also be groomed well by the faculty members, as mentioned by Professor Jain. He also added that a student’s capability will be examined and measured not only based on his/her performance or position but also the contribution he/she is making to the society, community, and the country.
Free UPSC Coaching – Approaches took by DACE
DACE is focused on channelizing the ideas that have been proposed in the National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020). The centre will be concentrating on providing a holistic development program for the students, which will not only prepare them for the Civil Services exams but also make them more competent with grooming and personality development programs.
Free UPSC Coaching – Details of the Programme
- The free UPSC coaching classes will be provided to selected SC Category Civil Services aspirants.
- The classes will be offered based on merit.
- A maximum of 100 candidates can avail the free coaching classes, out of which 33% is reserved for the female candidates belonging to the SC category.
- The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is offering this programme under Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence. The university will also provide preparation and curriculum material based on the updated patterns of the UPSC CSE syllabus.
- The aspirants will get access to well-maintained classrooms along with internet connection and a library.
- Entrance exams for the free UPSC coaching classes have been conducted on 7 August to shortlist the potential candidates for counseling.
- Post counseling, the deserved candidates will stand a chance to get enrolled in the free coaching programme.
UPSC Coaching Classes to Offer Vibrant Learning Environment – Professor Jain
Professor R N Kharwar, who has been leading the DACE team as a coordinator is highly appreciated by Professor Jain for his exceptional efforts in implementing the program schedule. Prof. Jain added that the coaching scheme was launched by the Government of India and BHU has implemented the program by providing the necessary infrastructure that includes recruiting excellent professors and coordinators to help the students with all the necessary elements to be successful.
BHU has successfully offered a vibrant and excellent learning atmosphere, and now, it is the students responsibility to make the most of this scheme and give their best in the Civil Services exams, he added.
He is confident about the students taking free UPSC coaching classes in DACE (BHU) and believes that they will achieve success in their careers and make the institution proud at the same time. The team has worked hard in conducting the entrance exam to ensure that deserving candidates are selected.
What is BHU?
The Banaras Hindu University, also called BHU, is one of the most-active and sought-after central universities in the country. With over 30,000 students (nearly 18,000 residing on campus), BHU is considered the largest residential university in Asia.
What is the last date to apply for BHU free coaching for SC students?
The last date to register for the coaching program has not been shared yet. However, it’ll be updated soon. The exam for the first batch has already been conducted on August 7.
Is there any registration fee for the BHU Civil Services coaching program?
As the program itself is free, there is no registration fee to apply or enroll in the program.
Are there any specific criteria to enroll for the BHU free coaching program?
Yes, the candidates should only be from the Scheduled Caste (SC) category. Apart from this, students will be selected on the basis of merit.