Candidates seeking admission in the three-year LLB course at the Law Centres of Delhi University have to follow a prescribed DU LLB eligibility criteria. Candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) fulfil the qualification required to appear for the DU LLB entrance test (DUET). Apart from the qualification, Delhi University has also defined other parameters such as nationality, category, etc. under DU LLB eligibility criteria.
After the Supreme Court judgement in 2017, there has been no age restriction to apply for a three-year LLB course at Delhi University. It is mandatory, however, to meet the other eligibility norms for DU LLB to participate in the admission process, failing which the officials may disqualify the ineligible candidates at any stage.
Table of Contents
- DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – Overview
- DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – FAQs
- ✔️ Is there any minimum or maximum age requirement to apply for an LLB degree at Delhi University?
- ✔️ What if I am unable to produce the category certificate at the time of DU LLB counselling?
- ✔️ I am in the last year of my graduation. Can I apply for the DU LLB entrance test?
- ✔️ I already hold an LLB degree. Am I eligible for DU LLB 2020?
- ✔️ Can I get admission in LLB course after completing the class 12th examination?
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – Overview
|Score requirement in graduation||Varies for different categories|
|Reservation||Varies for different categories|
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – Essential Qualification
Candidates need to fulfil the following educational qualifications as per the DU LLB eligibility criteria 2020.
- Candidates completing a graduate/post graduate degree (irrespective of the discipline of study) from any university recognised as equivalent to University of Delhi are eligible as per the DU LLB eligibility criteria
- Candidates who are appearing in their final year examination are also eligible to apply for the DU LLB entrance test. However, such candidates have to produce their graduation passing certificate at the time of DU LLB counselling.
Ineligible Candidates as per DU LLB Qualification Requirements
- Candidates who have passed the LLB course from any university will not be allowed to take admission
- Candidates already pursuing LLB degree shall not be eligible unless they get their admission cancelled
Read More : DU LLB Exam Pattern – Key Information, Syllabus, Preparation Tips
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – Marks Requirement
The requirement of marks in the qualifying examination depends upon the category of the candidates. The table below mentions the marks required by candidates hailing from different categories in graduation.
Category Wise Qualifying Marks
|Category||Qualifying Marks (in graduation)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||45%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||45%|
|Children/wives of Army Personnel (CW)||45%|
DU LLB Reservation Criteria
Delhi University has a reservation of seats for admission in its three year LLB course. Candidates can check the seat reservation policy at Delhi University in the table below.
DU LLB Reservation Policy
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Person with Benchmark Disability (PwBD)||5%|
|Armed Forces (CW) Quota||5%|
Note – Unoccupied seats of SC category will be merged to ST category seats and vice versa. If the seats are still vacant after the conversion, the unoccupied seats will be left vacant for the course
DU LLB Seat Intake Capacity
Candidates can check the centre-wise seats available for DU’s three year LLB programme
|Centre||Seat Intake Capacity|
DU LLB Eligibility Criteria – FAQs
✔️ Is there any minimum or maximum age requirement to apply for an LLB degree at Delhi University?
No. As per the orders passed by the Supreme Court in 2017, any institution offering law education cannot put age restrictions on candidates seeking a law degree in India. Hence, candidates are eligible to apply for DU LLB 2020, irrespective of their age.
✔️ What if I am unable to produce the category certificate at the time of DU LLB counselling?
It is mandatory to produce your category certificate in original at the time of DU LLB counselling. Candidates failing to do so will be treated under UR (Unreserved) category.
✔️ I am in the last year of my graduation. Can I apply for the DU LLB entrance test?
Yes, candidates who are appearing in the last year of their graduation or whose results are awaited can also appear for the DU LLB entrance test. However, such candidates have to produce their graduation passing certificate during the DU LLB counselling.
✔️ I already hold an LLB degree. Am I eligible for DU LLB 2020?
No. Candidates who have already completed a three-year LLB course or hold any other law degree are ineligible as per the DU LLB eligibility criteria.
✔️ Can I get admission in LLB course after completing the class 12th examination?
No. Candidates must at least complete a graduation degree course (in any discipline) to be eligible for the DU LLB admission.