New Delhi, 4 November 2022, DU Internship 2022: The University of Delhi (DU) has launched the ‘Vice-Chancellor Internship Scheme’ on 3 November 2022. The internship program is an opportunity for undergraduate and postgraduate students of the university to get paid internships at the different departments of the university.
The university is offering two types of internships, namely, ‘Summer’ and ‘Regular’. The total proposed number of interns in both categories are 200. The application process for the internship program began on 3 November 2022 and will end on 11 November 2022.
Table of Contents
- DU Internship 2022 – Objectives
- DU Internship 2022 – Important Information
- DU Internship 2022 – Eligibility and Selection Process
- DU Internship 2022 – Stipend
- How to apply for DU Internship 2022?
- DU Internship 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
DU Internship 2022 – Objectives
The aim of the scholarship program is to achieve the objectives of “Samagra Shiksha” (holistic education). Through this opportunity, students will get exposure to departments and various institutions of the university.
The other objectives of the internship are listed below:
- Students will be able to connect with their local community to strengthen their personal character and broaden their mental horizons.
- The innovative ideas and skills will help in bringing holistic developments to the university.
- Students will be trained in collecting and combining the available resources that would be beneficial for their future endeavours.
DU Internship 2022 – Important Information
- The summer internship will be for eight weeks with 15-20 working hours per week, whereas, the regular internship will be for 8-10 hours per week.
- The internship can be availed by the students only once during their course at the university.
- The maximum period of internship is six months.
- The scheme will be available throughout the year based on the requirements of the departments of the university.
- The attendance of the students during the internship will not be relaxed.
- The submitted applications will be valid for a period of six months.
DU Internship 2022 – Eligibility and Selection Process
- All undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled in any program/stream are eligible to apply for the Summer Internship and Regular Internship programmes.
- Written consent from the Vice Chancellor of the University is required for students to start the internship programs.
- A request letter for hiring interns from universities should be sent to the Dean of Students’ Welfare office. The letter should contain the job and job description and nature of the internship (full-time or part-time).
- The Dean of Students’ Welfare office will upload a Google form containing all the information regarding the internship description and nature of work.
- Candidates may register through the official website – du.ac.in.
- Candidates can indicate their three preferences and upload the Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the head of the department.
- After the successful completion of the application process, the candidates will be given their joining letters.
DU Internship 2022 – Stipend
- The monthly stipend for regular internships will be INR 5000, while the stipend for summer internships will be INR 10,000.
- The experience certificate will also be provided to the students by the Dean of Students’ Welfare.
- A certificate from the Dean of Students’ Welfare at the end of the internship will be provided to the students.
- The stipend will be increased by 5% after every financial year.
- The interns who are not completing the requisite period and the assigned work will not be paid any stipend or certificate.
How to apply for DU Internship 2022?
The candidates have to submit the online application form available on the official website of Delhi University.
To do so, please visit the website and take the given steps:
- Scan the Quick Response (QR) code on the website.
- Enter the areas of interest and three preferences of a specific domain.
- Upload a letter of recommendation (LOR) and no objection certificate (NOC).
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab to end the registration process and download the application form for future reference.
DU Internship 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the maximum period of the Vice-Chancellor Internship Scheme?
The maximum duration of the ‘Vice-Chancellor Internship Scheme’ will not be more than six months.
Q2. What is the application deadline for the VCIS internship?
There is no deadline for the internship application. The internship will be available throughout the year based on the requirements of the departments.
Q3. What are the documents required to apply for the VCIS internship?
The candidates must upload a Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and a No Objection Certificate (NOC) while applying for the internship.