New Delhi, 7-11-2022, DRDO CEPTAM 2022: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has started receiving online applications for CEPTAM (Centre For Personnel Talent Management). The applications for this recruitment drive started on November 7, 2022 for more than 1000 positions including Junior Translation Officer (JTO), Stenographer, Administrative Assistant, and many other posts under their Admin & Allied (A&A) Cadre. Eligible and interested candidates can apply online for the DRDO CEPTAM up to December 7, 2022 on its official website: drdo.gov.in.
Table of Contents
- DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Other Details
- DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Posts Offered
- DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Height/Weight Requirement
- DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Physical Endurance Test
- DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – FAQs
DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Other Details
- The total number of vacancies is 1061.
- This includes General, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC), and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) categories.
- There are some more vacancies for Ex-Servicemen (ESM), Meritorious Sports Persons (MSP) and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) candidates.
DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Posts Offered
- JTO (Junior Translation Officer)
- English Typing (Stenographer Grade-I),
- English Typing (Stenographer Grade-II),
- English Typing (Administrative Assistant ‘A’)
- Hindi Typing (Administrative Assistant ‘A’)
- English Typing (Store Assistant ‘A’ )
- Hindi Typing (Store Assistant ‘A’)
- Security Assistant ‘A’
- Vehicle Operator ‘A’
- Fire Engine Driver ‘A’
DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Height/Weight Requirement
The candidate has to have the required height and weight to be eligible to apply. The requirements are :-
|Height without shoes||165 cm minimum||157 cm minimum|
|Chest (un-expanded)||81 cm minimum||Not Applicable|
|Chest expansion||05 cm||Not Applicable|
|Weight||Minimum 50 Kgs||Minimum 45 Kgs|
DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – Physical Endurance Test
Every candidate who applies has to undergo a physical endurance test, for which the requirement is:-
|Running 1600 metres in 07 minutes time
|Running 800 metres in 05 minutes time
|Carrying a weight of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 meters within 96 sec (Only for the Fireman post)
|Carrying a weight of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 meters within 96 seconds (This is only for the Fireman post)
|3 metre vertical rope climbing (3 metre foot above ground)
|2.5 metre vertical rope climbing (2.5 metre foot above ground)
|20 sit-ups||15 sit-ups|
|Long Jump in which one must clear a 2.7 metres wide ditch and land on both feet. 3 chances are given.
|A long jump of 2 metres. 3 chances are given|
DRDO CEPTAM 2022 – FAQs
1. What is the selection procedure of DRDO CEPTAM?
A. The selection process mainly consists of three tiers. For Tier 1 there is a computer based test. For Tier 2, there is a trade/skill/physical fitness and capability test, whichever is applicable to the candidate. Tier 3 is descriptive in nature and varies from candidate to candidate.
2. What is the pay scale for the DRDO CEPTAM vacancies?
A. The jobs are classified into 3 categories – A, B and C. For Group A, the salary range is between INR 35,400 and Rs.1,12,400. For Group B, the salary range is between INR 25,500 and 81,100. For Group C, the salary range is between INR 19,900 and 63,200. This is as per the Government’s 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) Pay Schedule.
3. What is CEPTAM and what are its functions?
A. Centre for Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM) is Defence Research and Development Organisation’s (DRDO) corporate body. This body is headed by an independent Chairman and Director who serves as the Administrative Head. CEPTAM holds the responsibility to recruit for the administrative, technical and allied category of the non-gazetted personnel. It also undertakes the assessment of DRTC officers and staff, and provides training for the development of this cadre in line with DRDO’s training policy.