New Delhi, November 24, 2022 – DU Admissions 2023 – The academic council at University of Delhi has confirmed conducting postgraduate admissions through Common University Entrance Test (CUET). It will be applicable from the next academic year.
The proposal for the change in the admission pattern was decided by a committee of 10 members that was formed to provide suggestions for strategies regarding post-graduate admissions.
Table of Contents
- DU Admissions 2023 – Background
- DU Admissions 2023 – Changes
- DU Admissions 2023 – Merit List
- DU Admissions 2023 – Seat Reservation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
DU Admissions 2023 – Background
- The existing system includes the admission of 50 per cent students with bachelor’s degree recognised from the Univeristy of Delhi.
- It was done on the basis of merit percentage in qualifying examinations.
- The other 50 percent of students were admitted on the basis of their ranks in the postgraduate entrance test.
DU Admissions 2023 – Changes
- In the current situation, the academic council has approved the commencement of PG admission by considering the candidates’ marks in Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUET).
- Furthermore, it has been mentioned that half of the seats will be reserved for the undergraduate students under merit-based admission.
- The admission process of all the postgraduate courses shall be done through a single window.
- It will be directed through a Common University Entrance Test (CUET) by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- This will be effective for all the categories of students interested in getting admission in Delhi University.
DU Admissions 2023 – Merit List
- The council has decided to prepare a separate merit list for the candidates who will be clearing the CUET-PG test.
- Another list will be made for the candidates who have appeared previously in the postgraduate entrance test.
- Candidates who appeared for the DU entrance test will be prioritised while preparing the merit list.
DU Admissions 2023 – Seat Reservation
- Candidates who are seeking admission through postgraduate entrance test will take in the first 50 percent of the seats.
- Candidates qualifying the Common University Entrance Test (CUET), based on their eligibility, will also be a part of this.
- Candidates who have obtained a bachelor’s degree from the University of Delhi will be filling up the rest of the 50 percent seats.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What changes have been made in the admission process of DU?
The University of Delhi has decided to conduct post graduation admissions through Common University Entrance Test (CUET) from the next academic session.
Q. Is there any merit based entry in DU?
Yes, candidates can get admission in the postgraduate courses on merit basis.
Q. When will DU implement the changes in the postgraduation admission process?
Delhi University will be commencing the changes in the admission process of postgraduation courses from the academic year 2023.