New Delhi, 2 August 2022- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has invited applications for a total of 630 Scientist B and Engineer B posts.
Candidates interested in a career in research and development (R & D) can apply for the DRDO hiring drive by August 5, 2022. Chosen candidates will be paid Rs 88,000 per month (Rs 56,100 basic salary + 31,900 additional benefits).
Note: Earlier, the DRDO application portal was open till July 29, however now, the application window is extended till August 5.
Table of Contents
- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy Details
- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
- DRDO Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply for DRDO Recruitment?
DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy Details
|Department Name||Vacancy Details||No. of Vacancies|
|Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO)||Scientist B||579*|
|Department of Science and Technology (DST)||Scientist B||8|
|Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA)||Scientist/Engineer B||43|
*In the 579 vacancies available for Scientist B posts in DRDO, there are 51 backlog vacancies reserved for OBC, SC, and ST categories.
DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates will be selected for DRDO recruitment 2022 based on the following eligibility in their respective educational fields/domains:
- A first class bachelor’s degree in engineering or an MSc (depending on the vacancy and domain being applied to).
- A valid GATE score in the paper pertaining to the candidate’s domain/area.
- Candidates who do not have first class divisions in their degrees can only apply for the 8 Scientist B vacancies available at the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- If the candidates do not have a GATE score, they should possess the required degree from an IIT or NIT institution with a minimum 80% aggregate.
DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Age Limit
Here is the age limit that candidates must adhere to while applying for DRDO recruitment 2022:
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|General and EWS||DRDO – 28 Years
DST – 35 YearsADA – 30 Years
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||DRDO – 31 Years
DST – 38 YearsADA – 33 Years
|SC/ST||DRDO – 33 Years
DST – 40 YearsADA – 45 Years
- Age is relaxed for an additional 10 years for PwD category candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts, which are in the same line or allied cadres.
- The upper age limit is relaxed for ex-servicemen.
DRDO Recruitment 2022 – Application Fee
- General, EWS, and OBC candidates are required to pay a nonrefundable application fee of Rs 100, which is payable online.
- There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
DRDO Recruitment 2022 – How to Apply for DRDO Recruitment?
To apply for DRDO recruitment, candidates are required to follow the given steps:
- Candidates need to first visit the RAC website – rac.gov.in.
- There, they need to register as new users by clicking on “Apply Online”. Those who are unable to find the link can click here for direct access.
- On successful registration, candidates need to log in to the portal by visiting the same link again.
- Thereafter, the candidates must fill up the application form online.
- Then, they need to upload the requisite documents, verify payment details, and lock the application before submission of the same.
- Finally, they need to pay the application fee and submit the form to apply for the DRDO hiring drive.
Note: All serving candidates need to upload a signed declaration on the web site that they have informed (in writing) to their Cadre Controlling Authority (CCA) that they have applied for DRDO recruitment. In case of any objection, the employer can communicate with RAC directly (at email: firstname.lastname@example.org) within 15 days of the closing date of online registration.
To read the complete official DRDO recruitment notification, please click here.
Who can apply for the DRDO recruitment drive?
Candidates who have an engineering or MSc degree with a first-class distinction and a GATE score can apply for the recruitment. If the candidates do not have a GATE score, they should possess the required degree from an IIT or NIT with a minimum aggregate of 80%. Candidates must also note that only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the recruitment drive.
How are candidates selected for DRDO?
Candidates are first required to apply online at rac.gov.in, after which they need to go through a written test and document verification round. The written test is scheduled to be conducted at DRDO centres in seven cities (Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, and Pune) on October 16, 2022. Once that is completed, the candidates will have to go through a final interview round to get selected.
How much will I get paid as a Scientist at DRDO?
The chosen candidates will be paid a monthly salary of Rs 56,100. After adding HRA and other benefits, the amount comes up to Rs 88,000 per month.