In compliance with the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association (KUPECA) guidelines, COMEDK will be conducting the counselling for admissions to UG engineering courses on behalf of its member institutions. All the test takers, who qualify the merit list, need to attend the transparent single window counselling process. The schedule for centralized counselling will be issued separately by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) on its website i.e. comedk.org.
All the candidates willing to attend the counselling process must login to the official website and get a printout of their rank card to be carried at the venue. Also, a list of other important documents must be carried along with the rank card without fail. Further, the status of COMEDK counselling 2022 rounds and seat allotment process will be updated on the official portal frequently. Read this article to keep abreast of the developments and information on COMEDK counselling 2022 such as process, eligibility, documental needs, etc.
Table of Contents
- COMEDK Counselling – Who all are Eligible?
- COMEDK Counselling – Process at the Center
- COMEDK Counselling – Documents Required
- COMEDK Counselling – Surrender Process
- COMEDK Counselling – Participating Institutes
- COMEDK Counselling – FAQs
COMEDK Counselling – Who all are Eligible?
There are some basic eligibility norms set by the authorities for candidates. The following candidates will be permitted to attend the COMEDK 2022 counselling process:
- Candidates with COMEDK Engineering Entrance Exam Rank Card 2019
- Candidates who have passed 12th/equivalent with 45% marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer. (40% for SC, ST and OBCs of Karnataka state only)
- Candidates who bring all mandatory ORIGINAL documents for verification purposes.
- Candidates who have passed in the recent supplementary 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary examination can appear for the second round of counselling only after producing the relevant original marks sheets issued by their respective board.
COMEDK Counselling – Process at the Center
Once the names of candidates are put up on the merit list of COMEDK 2022, the centralized counselling process will be organised. Students who are eligible to attend the counselling process need to visit the official website to get details about the counselling process.
Candidates seeking a seat in any of the participating institutes of COMEDK 2022 can go through the step-wise counselling process, mentioned below.
REPORTING AND CHECK-IN
- Check for schedules on the official website and then report to the centre as per schedule.
- Before entering the counselling venue, visit the check-in counter after the announcement of rank.
- Show documents, as requested, at the check-in counter and enter the counselling centre.
VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS
- Fill two counselling verification cards (available at the verification counter).
- Arrange your documents as per the list of documents and go to the verification counter.
- The officer will go through all the documents and keep photocopies of the same.
- Next, complete the biometric & photo verification process
- Get a registration slip
- Then, candidates must proceed to the counselling hall with a registration slip.
- Fill the Demand Draft details
- Enlist three applicable choices of courses/colleges as per your COMEDK UGET rank
- Wait for your rank to be called
- Go to selection counter when your rank is called
- Freeze the available seat
ALLOTMENTS LETTER COLLECTION
- Collect your seat acknowledgement letter
- Submit your DD along with seat acknowledgment letter at the DD Counter
- Wait for your rank to be called
- Collect original allotment letter & fee payment receipt
- Verify all details
- Report to the College as per the date mentioned in the ‘Original Allotment Letter’
COMEDK Counselling – Documents Required
Candidates should not present forged documents as it may lead to a legal action against them. Also, it is suggested for every candidate to carry photocopies along with the original documents. In case a candidate fails to submit the needed documents, he/she shall be barred from participating in COMEDK counselling round. The list of documents that must be carried by candidates to the counselling venue is given below:
- COMEDK Rank Card
- COMEDK Online Application Form
- COMEDK TAT
- Candidate’s original ID proofs
- Parents’ ID Proof
- Class 12th & 10th Marksheets
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Tulu Minority Certificate (Karnataka-residents only if applicable)
- Religious minority certificate Christian (Karnataka-residents only if applicable)
- Karnataka domicile certificate Issued by Revenue authority (Karnataka-residents only if applicable)
- HKR Eligibility certificate issued by Asst. Commissioner in charge of revenue sub-division (Karnataka-residents only if applicable)
- Parents study proof in Karnataka for 7 years (Karnataka-residents only)
- Proof of schooling in Karnataka for 7 years including 10th or 12th in Karnataka (Karnataka-residents only)
- Original COMEDK Allotment Letter and Fee Payment Receipt of COMEDK (For round 2)
- Original Verification Card issued by COMEDK (For round 2)
- NATA/IIT JEE 2 Score Card (For B.Arch aspirants only)
- Surrender form (if applicable)
- DD of Rs 55,000 from any of the approved banks as per the format guided by COMEDK
COMEDK Counselling – Surrender Process
If a few candidates don’t wish to accept the allotted seat and want to appear in the second round of COMEDK counselling or withdraw their admission, they have a choice to ‘SURRENDER’ the seat by filling a form. Below are the steps to fill the surrender form:
- Go to the official website i.e. comedk.org
- Login to the application form window.
- Next, click on the surrender tab.
- Choose either ‘Reject and Withdraw’ or ‘Reject and Upgrade’
- Submit this form and take a printout of the same.
- In case a candidate opts for ‘Reject and Upgrade’, he/ she has to accept a seat in the second round, otherwise authority will not issue any refund.
- Refunds will be processed by 4th week of August for all surrender cases with ‘Reject and Withdraw’ option.
Provision for surrender/cancellation process and refund:
|Options||Surrender/Cancellation Option||Surrender Period||Refund in case of surrender|
|Seat Round 1||Yes||Surrender is accepted only online within a predefined period (dates will be notified shortly)||Rs 50,000/- only|
|Seat in Round 2||No||Not applicable||No refund|
COMEDK Counselling – Participating Institutes
Candidates will be eligible for admission in the member institutes of COMEDK only. Member institutes, also known as participating colleges, participate in the COMEDK counselling process and offer admission to the candidates who will qualify UGET 2022. Candidates can check some of the member institutes of COMEDK 2022 here:
- Alliance College of Engineering and Design, Alliance University
- Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Smt.Kamala and Sri Venkappa M.Agadi College of Engineering andTechnology
- Rao Bahadur Y.Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College
- KLE Dr. M S Sheshgiri College of Engineering and Technology
- J.S.S. Mahavidyapeetha JSS Science and Technology University
- Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management
- BLDEA’s V.P.Dr.P.G.Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology
- Alva’s Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Appa Institute of Engineering and Technology
COMEDK Counselling – FAQs
Q. Who conducts the COMEDK counselling?
Ans: The centralized counselling process for admission through COMEDK is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka.
Q. Where can candidates find the schedule for COMEDK counselling 2022?
Ans: The schedule for COMEDK counselling 2022 will be updated on the official website that is comedk.org.
Q. Is the counselling process for COMEDK online?
Ans: No. The eligible candidates have to visit the allotted counselling venue physically.
Ans: There is no counselling fee charged by the authority for attending the process of COMEDK counselling 2022. However, candidates need to carry a demand draft of Rs. 55,000 against the admission fee.