The official governing body that conducts the CLAT exam ‘The Consortium of National Law Universities’ (NLUs) has announced the CLAT notification, registration date and exam date 2022. As per the notification, CLAT registration will begin from 1st January 2022 at the official website – http://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/. The CLAT application window will remain open till 31st March 2022.
The national-level law entrance examination, CLAT is conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes offered by 22 national law universities. The Consortium of NLUs will conduct the CLAT 2022 exam offline on 8th May 2022. Moreover, CLAT 2023 exam will take place on 18th December 2022. This will be the first time that the CLAT exam will be conducted twice in the same year.
This article would feature all the essential details regarding the registration process of CLAT 2022 and other vital information for all the aspiring candidates.
Table of Contents
- CLAT Registration – Important Dates
- CLAT Registration – Highlights
- CLAT Registration – Essential Documents
- CLAT Application – Form Filling Process
- CLAT Registration – Uploading of Documents for CLAT 2021
- CLAT Registration – Payment of CLAT 2021 exam fee
- CLAT Registration – FAQ’s
CLAT Registration – Important Dates
|Important Dates||CLAT 2022|
|Applications open from||1st January 2022|
|Last date of submitting the application form||31st March 2022|
|Admit Card available from||To be announced|
|CLAT 2022 exam date||8th May 2022|
|Release of CLAT provisional answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of the Result||To be announced|
CLAT Registration – Highlights
|Exam name||The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Conducting body||The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|What is new in CLAT?||
|Exam purpose||Admission to the following courses:
|Application starts||1st January 2022|
|CLAT 2022 exam date||8th May 2022|
|Exam mode||Pen-and-paper exam (Offline)|
|Exam duration||2 hours (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)|
|Number of test cities||82|
|Counselling||Candidates will be shortlisted based on their CLAT 2022 (or CLAT 2023) merit ranks.
Typically, candidates five times the number of available seats are invited for counselling.
|Top-ranked participating NLU||Rankings as per NIRF Rankings published by the HRD for 2021
|Exam helpdesk number||8047162020|
CLAT Registration – Essential Documents
Candidates must keep these documents (highlighted below) ready while filling out their CLAT application forms.
- Class 10th marksheet
- Class 12th marksheet
- Photocopy of identity proof such as Aadhaar card, driving license or PAN card
- Scanned photograph (passport size in JPEG format, size – 500 KB or less)
- Scanned signature (JPEG format, size – 100 KB or less)
- Scanned copies of caste certificate (if applied) and domicile.
How to download the admit card and keep it for the main exam date? Read about the CLAT admit card here.
CLAT Application – Form Filling Process
Candidates must fill-up the application form by visiting the official CLAT website. They have to complete the process of CLAT application correctly to receive/download their admit card/hall ticket and sit for the exam. Here is the stepwise process to fill up the exam application form.
- Visit the consortium’s official site – http://consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Click on the registration link given for CLAT 2022 exam
- Applicants must register with their valid contact number and other details
- The applicants will receive a one-time password (OTP) on their registered email and the number
- Complete the registration by entering the OTP on the CLAT login page
- After logging in, fill in the personal details, passport size photo, signature, education details, communication details, and documents to complete the registration process
- Once done, a correction window will be provided to make corrections in the application form (if any)
- After reviewing the details, pay the application fee and take printouts for future use
Do you want to know what to prepare for the exam? Read the CLAT syllabus blog here.
Details to fill in the CLAT 2021 Application form
|Academic qualification details||
|Course selection||Select the course of admission i.e. Undergraduate or Postgraduate course in law|
|If the Candidate require previous years CLAT question papers||Yes/No|
|Reservation category||General OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ SC/ ST/ PIO/ BPL/ OCI|
|CLAT exam centre preference||Select three cities from the list|
|NLU preference||Mark NLUs in order of preference from most preferred to least preferred|
CLAT Registration – Uploading of Documents for CLAT 2021
Candidate must upload THE following documents:
- Passport-size photograph in JPEG format which must not exceed 500kb in size.
- Signature in JPEG format. Must not exceed 100kb in size.
- Scanned copies of domicile certificate/reserved caste certificate in PDF format.
CLAT Registration – Payment of CLAT 2021 exam fee
After filling in all the necessary details on the application form, candidates must pay the exam fee as per the guidelines.
- Fees for General /OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI Candidates – INR 4,000
- Fees for SC/ST Candidates- INR 3,500
How to Retrieve CLAT login Password?
CLAT login password is essential throughout the process of the exam. Be it the registration or at the time of admissions, candidates must remember CLAT login password. But even if you have forgotten the password, you may retrieve the new password by following these easy steps –
- Visit the official website of the ‘Consortium of NLU’
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ tab mentioned at the bottom of the login window
- You will be directed to a new page that would require you to fill in the registered mobile number
- Click on the tab mentioning ‘Request OTP’
- Enter mobile number and the OTP
- Click on the tab mentioning ‘Reset Password’
- Your new password would be generated
Note – Try to save essential passwords or information in a highly confidential and safe medium – phone or laptops.
CLAT Registration – FAQ’s
Q. What is the application fee for the CLAT 2022 exam?
The application fee for the CLAT 2022 exam varies from different categories. For General /OBC/ PWD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI candidates, the total application fee is INR 4,000, whereas for the SC/ST/BPL categories the total application fee is INR 3,500.
Q. Can I register for the CLAT 2022 exam through offline mode?
No, the registration process for the CLAT 2022 exam is available only in online mode. Candidates must register for the CLAT 2022 exam on the official website of ‘Consortium of NLU’s’.
Q. What is the deadline of CLAT application process 2022?
Previously, the deadline for the CLAT 2022 application process is 31st March 2022.
Q. How do I know if I have successfully registered for the CLAT 2022 exam?
After successfully completing the registration process, the candidate would receive a confirmation on the registered email id and the mobile phone as well. Thus, the candidate would be assured that the application is successful.