Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada releases the AP EAMCET result on behalf of APSCHE. Candidates can check their AP EAMCET 2020 result online at sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates can expect the release of results within one week of the exam date. JNTUK is yet to announce the AP EAMCET 2020 exam date. Therefore, the AP EAMCET result declaration date is also yet to be notified.
Candidates have to use their registration number and hall ticket number as the login credentials to check the AP EAMCET result online (comprising the rank of candidates). Then, a merit list for admission through AP EAMCET 2020 shall be prepared. To determine the position of candidates in the merit list, 10+2 score and AP EAMCET 2020 score (overall rank) will be taken into consideration. Examinees whose name appear in the merit list are eligible for participating in the AP EAMCET counselling process.
Read this article to get more information on AP EAMCET result, including how to check the result, compilation method, normalisation process, etc.
AP EAMCET Result – Key Highlights
- JNTU, Kakinada has the authority to release the result of AP EAMCET 2020
- Candidates have to visit the official website of APSCHE to check the result
- APSCHE will use the normalisation process to calculate marks. Normalization of marks eliminates the possibility of any inequality due to the varying difficulty levels in different exam shifts
- AP EAMCET rank will be valid for the period of one year only
- Candidates have to score a minimum of 25% as per the qualifying cutoff of AP EAMCET 2020
- APSCHE will prepare a course-wise rank list/merit list on the basis of AP EAMCET scores and 10+2 marks of candidates
- Merit list/rank list is prepared by providing 75% weightage to AP EAMCET score and 25% weightage to class 12th board result
AP EAMCET Result – Important Dates
Candidates can check the table below to get aware of the schedule related to the AP EAMCET result 2020.
AP EAMCET Result 2020 – Event Schedule
|AP EAMCET 2020 exam date (Engineering)||To be notified soon|
|AP EAMCET 2020 exam date (Agriculture)||To be notified soon|
|Declaration of result||To be notified soon|
|Release of rank card||To be notified soon|
*Due to COVID-19 pandemic, APSCHE has put all the Common Entrance Tests including AP EAMCET on a halt. The official notification states “revised schedule for conduct of tests will be announced later in due course”.
AP EAMCET Result – How to Check?
Candidates can use the steps below to check the result as per the schedule:
Step 1 – Visit the official web portal for AP EAMCET i.e. sche.ap.gov.in/EAMCET
Step 2 – Click on the ‘Check AP EAMCET Result’ link
Step 3 – Enter your registration number and the hall ticket number
Step 4 – Click on ‘View Result’ button
Step 5 – Check your result details and download the same for future references
AP EAMCET Result – Details Mentioned in the Rank Card
Candidates will find the following details in the AP EAMCET 2020 result/rank card:
- Name of the examinee
- Hall ticket number
- Father’s name
- AP EAMCET 2020 normalised marks
- Qualifying status
- Merit score (AP EAMCET score + qualifying exam score)
- Sectional score in AP EAMCET
The image given below illustrates the details furnished on AP EAMCET score card/result AP EAMCET Result 2020 – Qualifying Marks
Candidates need to obtain the qualifying score (also known as the qualifying cutoff score) to be eligible for the further admission process.
Qualifying Score in AP EAMCET 2020
|Scheduled Castes||All the candidates eligible for further process, irrespective of their score in TS EAMCET i.e. no qualifying score|
|Scheduled Tribes||All the candidates eligible for further process, irrespective of their score in TS EAMCET i.e. no qualifying score|
|All other categories||25%|
APSCHE will indicate the qualifying status of candidates in the AP EAMCET result using the following grade letters:
- Q – Qualified
- NQ – Not Qualified
- AB – Absent
- W – Withheld
- ND – Inter marks not available
- F – Failed
How is AP EAMCET Result 2020 Compiled?
AP EAMCET result will have two elements, namely:
- AP EAMCET raw scores
- AP EAMCET normalised score
The raw scores are easily calculated using the predefined marking scheme. But the difficulty level of AP EAMCET papers may vary in different shifts. Hence, APSCHE uses the normalisation procedure in order to bring transparency to the score calculation.
How is normalisation done in AP EAMCET?
APSCHE uses the following formula to calculate the normalised score of the candidate:
- SMS refers to the (Average + Standard Deviation) of the candidates’ exam session
- GMS refers to the (Average + Standard Deviation) of candidates across all sessions
- Top Average Session refers to the average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in their respective session
- Top Average Global refers to the average marks of the top 0.1% of candidates across all sessions
AP EAMCET Rank Card 2020
Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education will release the AP EAMCET result in the form of a rank card. All the candidates can access the AP EAMCET rank card using their registration number and hall ticket number/date of birth. Rank card of AP EAMCET 2020 will comprise the rank of the candidates (calculated as per the AP EAMCET score and 10+2 marks of candidates). Candidates will be required to present the printout of AP EAMCET rank card at the time of counselling.
Preparation of AP EAMCET Rank
APSCHE will allot ranks to candidates by giving a specific weightage to their class 12th score and AP EAMCET score. The table below mentions the weightage for each variable of AP EAMCET rank.
|EAMCET normalized marks||75%|
|Intermediate (Class 12) marks in group subjects||25%|
AP EAMCET Result – Tie-Breaking Criteria
There can be instances when two or more candidates land at a similar rank as per their score in class 12th and score in AP EAMCET. APSCHE uses the following chronology to resolve the situation of a tie.
AP EAMCET Tie-Breaking Criteria for Rank Allotment – Engineering
- Initially, a candidate with a higher normalised score in AP EAMCET will get the preference
- If the overall score is similar in AP EAMCET, candidate with higher marks in Mathematics section of AP EAMCET will get a better rank
- If the tie still exists, APSCHE will prefer the candidate with a higher score in Physics section
- Candidates with a better percentage of aggregate marks in class 12th board examination will get the preference
- Lastly, the date of birth of candidates is considered to break the tie. The older candidate will be given preference in rank allotment over the younger one
AP EAMCET Tie-Breaking Criteria for Rank Allotment – Agriculture and Medical Rank Allotment
APSCHE will follow the tie-breaking criteria almost similar to those discussed above. The only difference will lie in the second point of the above-mentioned chronology. Instead of the Mathematics section, APSCHE will take biology marks in consideration to break the tie during the allotment of Agriculture and Medical rank.
What after the release of AP EAMCET Result? – Counselling and Seat Allotment
After the release of AP EAMCET result, APSCHE conducts the counselling and seat allotment process on a dedicated portal i.e. apeamcet.nic.in. APSCHE notifies all the details related to the AP EAMCET counselling via this web portal only.
The AP EAMCET counselling and seat allotment process includes the following steps:
Step 1 – Payment of processing fee online
Step 2 – Checking the verification status
- If certificates are verified – Proceed for step 3
- If certificates are not verified – Visit APSCHE helpline centres for certificate verification
Step 3 – Candidate’s registration
Step 4 – Login for online option entry
Step 5 – Printing the list of saved options
Step 6 – Login for checking allotment order
Step 7 – Printing the allotment order
Step 8 – Joining/Reporting at colleges
AP EAMCET Result – FAQs
✔️ When will the APSCHE release the AP EAMCET result 2020?
Earlier, the CET was to be conducted in the third week of April and APSCHE was set to declare the AP EAMCET result on May 5. However, the exam date had to be extended due to the global pandemic. APSCHE will soon be announcing the new exam dates and the result release dates.
✔️ How can I check the result of AP EAMCET?
APSCHE will release the AP EAMCET result online atsche.ap.gov.in/EAMCET. Candidates need to visit the portal and access the login dashboard using their registration number and the hall ticket number. Candidates will be able to check the result once they click on the ‘View Result’ button after entering their credentials.
✔️ I do not have an internet connection. Can I request the AP EAMCET result via post?
No. Candidates can only check their results online at the official website. No other mode is available for receiving the AP EAMCET result or rank card.
✔️ Is there any minimum score required for qualifying AP EAMCET 2020?
Yes, candidates need to obtain a minimum of 25% (40 marks out of 160) to satisfy the AP EAMCET qualifying cutoff. In case of SC/ST candidates, there is no minimum qualifying cut off. All the candidates who belong to SC/ST category and take the test will be eligible for the counselling process.
✔️ I belong to the SC/ST category, but I do not have a valid certificate. Can I claim the relaxation for the category in AP EAMCET?
No. The relaxation in the qualifying marks of AP EAMCET 2020 is valid only if the concerned candidate has a valid caste certificate. Hence, candidates must only apply under the SC/ST category only if they have a valid certificate in support of their claim.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get latest news and updates on AP EAMCET Cutoff 2020