New Delhi, 11 November 2022: The Space Kidz India (SKI) has launched the “Young Scientist India” challenge for students of Class 8 to 12 across the country. The students can showcase their talent and creativity on topics like robotics, agriculture, electronics, space sciences, and many more.
Interested students can apply for the challenge on the official website – spacekidzindia.in, to be eligible for the phase 1 test that will be held online. The top 50 winners will be awarded prize money of INR 5 lakh from India’s top entrepreneurs.
Young Scientist India Challenge – Aim
The data of the World Bank Group includes a sub-category of gender landscape in India, which indicates the percentage of gender inequality and inclusive development in India. As per the data, female graduates in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and, Mathematics (STEM) programmes, were only 41% in 2020.
The Space Kidz India (SKI) has launched the “Young Scientist India” programme to increase the awareness of science and technology amongst high school students and to promote the enrolment of scientists in the research centre. This will directly help in increasing the percentage of women in Science, Technology, Engineering and, Mathematics (STEM) programmes.
Young Scientist India Challenge – Important Dates
The students who are interested in the young scientists’ challenge are advised to go through the important dates mentioned below:
|Commencement of Application||5 October 2022|
|Sending of Abstracts||25 December 2022|
|Result of First Round||18 January 2023|
|Result of Second Round||February 2023|
|Grand Finale Round||April/May 2023|
Young Scientist India Challenge – Selection Process
The students have to pass three phases, namely, phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3. To be eligible for the stages, students must qualify for phase 1 which will be held in an online mode.
Phase 1 – Students have to send the abstracts related to the fields of electrics, robotics, space science, and app development.
Phase 2 – On the basis of the first round, students will be selected for phase 2 for presenting their final models in front of the jury members.
Phase 3 – The 50 qualified students from each domain will be called to Chennai for the grand finale
Young Scientist India Challenge – Important Information
- All students will receive a participation certificate, and the selected ones will get an appreciation certificate along with prize money of INR 5 lakh.
- The registration and evaluation processes for students of government and private schools will be held separately.
- A total of 50 students will be selected from each domain, which will include 25 students from government schools and 25 students from private schools.
- Before the commencement of the grand finale round, students will be given three different problem statements to be solved within the allotted time frame.
- The students will present their models and problem solutions to the jury.
- The jury members will select three students from each category for the prize money.
- The written abstract should not exceed the word limit of 750 words.
- The abstract should contain the idea behind the innovation, the outcome of the innovation, and attached references.
- The students must make sure that the innovation is original and not plagiarized.
How to Apply for the Young Scientist India Challenge?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the Young Scientist Challenge 2022:
Step 1 – Visit the official website – spacekidzindia.in.
Step 2 – Navigate to the “Register Now” tab.
Step 3 – Fill out the Google form.
Step 4 – Click on the “Submit” tab.
Step 5 – Save the application form for further reference.
Note – To find the direct link to the google form, please click here.
Young Scientist India Challenge – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the last date to submit abstracts for the Young Scientist Challenge?
The last date to submit abstracts for the young scientist challenge is 25 December 2022.
Q2. How to apply for the Young Scientist Challenge?
Candidates must visit the official website – spacekidzindia.in – to apply for the Young Scientist Challenge 2022.
Q3. Who is eligible for the young scientist challenge?
The students must be studying in classes 8 to 12 in any government or private school to apply for the Young Scientist Challenge 2022.