New Delhi, August 29, 2023 – Western Coalfields Limited (WCL) has begun accepting applications for the position of Apprentice. Interested and eligible candidates have the opportunity to apply online via the official website of Western Coalfields Limited, westerncoal.in. The application window will remain open from September 1 to September 16, 2023. This recruitment initiative aims to recruit for a total of 1191 vacant positions within the organisation.
Western Coalfields Limited – Overview
|Name of the Organisation||Western Coalfields Limited|
|Name of Positions||ITI Trade Apprentice – 815
Graduate Apprentice – 101
Technician Apprentice – 215
Security Guard – 60
|Number of Vacancies||1191|
|Application Start Date||September 1, 2023|
|Application End Date||September 16, 2023|
|Official Notification 1||Click Here|
|Official notification 2||Click here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Western Coalfields Limited – Educational Qualifications
|Computer Operator and Programming Assistant||ITI in Computer Operator and Programming Assistant trade accredited by National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT)/State Council of Vocational Training (SCVT)|
|Fitter||ITI in Fitter trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Electrician||ITI in Electrician trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Welder (Gas and Electric)||ITI in Welder trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Surveyor||ITI in Surveyor trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Mechanic Diesel||ITI in Mechanic Diesel trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Wireman||ITI in Wireman Diesel trade accredited by NCVT or Electrician trade accredited by SCVT|
|Draughtsman (Civil)||ITI in Draughtsman (civil) trade accredited accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Pump Operator Cum Mechanic||ITI in Pump Operator Cum Mechanic trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Turner||ITI in Turner trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Machinist||ITI in Machinist trade accredited by NCVT/SCVT|
|Security Guard||10th in 10+2 system from recognised board in India|
|Graduate Apprentice||Full-time Degree course (BE/B.Tech./AMIE) in Mining Engineering from Institutions duly recognised by UGC/AICTE/State Govt./Central
Govt. and enrolled at National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) portal
|Technician Apprentice||Full-time Diploma in Mining Engineering or Mining & Mine Surveying or Mine Surveying from Institutions duly recognised by UGC/AICTE/ State Govt./Central Govt. and enrolled at NATS portal|
Western Coalfields Limited – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be registered on the apprenticeship training portal
- Educational qualifications should be obtained from a recognised institute
- Physical fitness is mandatory
- Possession of an Aadhar Card is required
- A valid Savings Bank Account number, matching the details on educational certificates is necessary
- A domicile certificate is mandatory
Western Coalfields Limited – Age Limit
|Category||Minimum Age (Years)||Maximum Age (Years)|
Western Coalfields Limited – Ineligibility
Candidates meeting any of the following criteria are NOT ELIGIBLE for consideration of apprenticeship training:
- An applicant who has undergone previous apprenticeship training program.
- An applicant who is currently undergoing apprenticeship training at any establishment.
- An applicant who is engaged in any regular course of study as a regular candidate from any educational institute.
Western Coalfields Limited – Benefits
|Posts||Stipend Per Month (₹)|
|One Year ITI Apprentice||₹7700|
|Two Year ITI Apprentice||₹8050|
|Security Guard (Fresher)||₹6000|
- Registration on the official portal for trade apprenticeship is mandatory.
- A candidate should apply online through the official website of Western Coalfields Limited, providing accurate details.
- A candidate should upload their recent coloured passport-size photograph and signature in jpg format.
- Each candidate can apply to one establishment and for one trade only.
- Strict adherence to the online application process on WCL’s official web portal is required.
- No other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates are advised to ensure consistency of the details entered in the portal matching with the certificates.
Western Coalfields Limited – Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q: When can I apply for the Apprentice positions at Western Coalfields Limited?
Ans: The application window for these Apprentice positions will remain open from September 1 to September 16, 2023 on the official website of Western Coalfields Limited.
Q: What are the different categories of Apprentice roles available under this recruitment drive of WCL?
Ans: The available apprentice roles are Trade Apprentice, Graduate Apprentice, and Technician Apprentice including roles for Security Guard.
Q: How many vacancies are there for each category of Apprentice roles?
Ans: There are 815 vacant positions for Trade Apprentice, 60 positions for Security Guard, 101 positions for Graduate Apprentice, and 215 positions for Technician Apprentice.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for applying to these Apprentice positions?
Ans: Candidates must be registered on the apprenticeship training portal and meet the educational qualifications specified in the official notification. The age of applicants should be between 18 and 25 years. The detailed requirements are provided in the table provided above.
Q: What is the duration of the apprenticeship training for ITI Trade Apprentice?
Ans: ITI Trade Apprentice will undergo 12 months of apprenticeship training from the start date of the apprenticeship contract.
Q: Where can I find more information about the recruitment drive?
Ans: For further details about the recruitment drive, interested candidates should visit the official website of Western Coalfields Limited.