New Delhi, 24 June 2021 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination (IES/ISS) timetable 2021. Candidates can visit the official UPSC website – www.upsc.gov.in to check the updated UPSC IES, ISS exam timetable 2021. According to the new UPSC IES/ ISS timetable, the preliminary examination will begin from 16th July 2021 and continue till 18th July 2021. This exam will be conducted in two shifts-
- Forenoon – 9.00 AM to 12 noon
- Afternoon – 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
Table of Contents
UPSC IES, ISS 2021 – Important Dates
|UPSC IES/ISS Notification||7th April 2021|
|UPSC IES/ISS Application Form Dates||7th April to 27th April 2021|
|UPSC IES/ISS Admit Card||3rd week of June/ 1st week of July|
|UPSC IES/ISS Preliminary exam||16th July 2021
17th July 2021
18th July 2021
UPSC IES, ISS 2021 – Released Timetable for Preliminary Exam
|Date and Day||Subject||Exam Type||Time – Forenoon||Time – Afternoon|
|16 July 2021
|General English||Descriptive||09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||02:00 PM to 05:00 PM|
|17 July 2021
|General Economics – 1||Descriptive||09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||02:00 PM to 05:00 PM|
|Statistics – 1||Objective|
|General Economics – 2||Descriptive|
|Statistics – 2||Objective|
|18 July 2021
|General Economics – 3||09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||02:00 PM to 05:00 PM|
|Statistics – 3||Descriptive|
|Statistics – 4||Descriptive|
UPSC IES, ISS 2021 – Selection procedure
- After the completion of the UPSC IES, ISS written examination 2021 (prelims and mains), the qualified candidates will be considered eligible to appear in the viva voice/personality test/interview round.
- The questions asked in the personality test will be based on subjects like statistics, finance, economics, etc.
- The interview will be conducted for 200 marks.
- Selected candidates’ mental abilities will also be evaluated, which will be judged on situation-based questions.
For more updates, candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official UPSC website.