UPCET exam pattern 2021 comprises information on the mode of exam, test language, type of questions, marks allotted to each question or section, negative marking etc. From 2021, NTA or National Testing Agency will act as the exam conducting body for the UPCET or Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) exam 2021.
From this year, no entrance examination will be conducted by AKTU. The entrance examination is conducted for admission to the first-year undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and lateral entry to second year UG programmes to professional courses at government, government-aided institutions, and private-unaided institutions affiliated to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology (MMMUT) and other state universities based in Uttar Pradesh.
It must be noted that as per a recent update, the UPCET 2021 exam will be held on 18th May 2021. It is recommended for the applicants to plan their preparations in sync with the exam pattern to register success in UPCET 2021. Candidates are advised to go through the complete article so as to know the course-wise UPCET Exam Pattern 2021.
- National Test Agency (NTA) has now released an official notification announcing the new exam date and schedule. The exam will now be conducted on 18th May instead of 16 May, as per the notice.
- UPCET 2021 will be conducted on 16th May 2021.
- The last date for submission of UPCET online admission forms is 30th May 2021.
- UPCET will be held at 57 centres across India as a computer-based test.
Table of Contents
- UPCET Exam Pattern – Highlights
- UPCET Exam Pattern – Course wise
- UPCET Exam Pattern 2021 – Syllabus in Detail
- UPCET Exam Pattern – FAQs
UPCET Exam Pattern – Highlights
- UPCET exam for BTech course admissions comprises four papers – Paper 1, 2, 3 and 5.
- Papers 1, 2 and 3 are conducted for regular BTech admissions. Paper 5 is conducted to offer admission to candidates in the second year of BTech (lateral entry).
- All four papers (1, 2, 3, 5) carry objective-type multiple-choice questions containing four choices. Candidates need to select only one choice for the correct answer in each question.
- UPCET question papers 1, 2 and 3 are in both English and Hindi languages. In case of any ambiguity, the English version of a question is considered as final.
- Candidates who mark more than one answer against a question are not awarded any mark for that question.
Papers 1, 2 and 3 of the UPCET exam are of three hours duration. However, paper 5 of the UPCET exam is of 1.5 hours duration.
UPCET Exam Pattern – Course wise
Candidates must make sure they cross check the UPCET exam pattern for the desired course twice so as to avoid any sort of problems during the exam. Along with the UPCET exam pattern, we have also mentioned the exam schedule for the aspirants below.
It must be noted that the below mentioned details are as per the official notification released by the authority. In case of any change or update in the exam pattern, we will update this page.
UPCET Exam Pattern 2021
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Duration of exam||Paper 1, 2, 3: 180 minutes (3 hours)
Paper 5: 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
|Number of sections & subjects||Paper 1: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
Paper 2: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)
Paper 3: 3 (AG-I, AG-II, and AG-III)
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||Paper 1, 2, 3: 150 questions
Paper 5: 100 questions
UPCET Marking Scheme for BTech Courses
|Incorrect Answer||0 (There is no negative marking in the exam, however, NTA will keep a record of incorrect answers by each candidate separately)|
|Marks per section||Paper 1, 2, 3: 50 questions X 4 marks = 200 marks per section|
UPCET Lateral Entry Exam Pattern 2021
|Examination Mode||Online (Computer Based test)|
|Duration of examination||2 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (MCQ)|
|Total Number of questions||100 Questions|
|Total marks of question paper||400 marks|
|Marching scheme||Candidates will be awarded 4 or 5 marks for each correct answer.
There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
|UPCET Lateral Entry Syllabus||Engineering Mechanics
Basic Electrical Engineering
Basic Electronics Engineering
Elements of computer science
Basic Workshop Practice
Physics/Chemistry/Maths of Diploma standard.
UPCET Exam Pattern 2021 – Syllabus in Detail
NTA has re-defined the syllabus for UPCET aspirants officially on the brochure of UPCET 2021. Candidates can find the link to directly access the brochure below. The syllabus will help the candidates to plan their UPCET preparation in the right direction. It will definitely increase their chances to score well and get admission to their desired courses. Candidates are advised to count upon the official released UPCET syllabus 2021 rather than relying on secondary sources.
UPCET Syllabus for BTech (Papers 1, 2, and 3)
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|Paper 3||AG-I, AG-II, and AG-III|
UPCET Exam Pattern – FAQs
Q. When shall the UPCET 2021 exam be conducted?
As per a recent update by AKTU, the UPCET exam will be held on 18th May 2021. Keep visiting this page for further information on the same.
Q. Will there be any negative marking for incorrect answers in UPCET exam 2021?
According to the UPCET exam pattern 2021, there is no provision for negative marking against the incorrect responses of the candidates.
Q. What are the maximum marks one can score in the UPCET 2021 exam?
The maximum marks one can score in the UPCET 2021 exam is 400 marks.
Q. Which books should I refer to prepare for the UPCET exam 2021?
You should prepare most of the topics from NCERT 11th and 12th class textbooks. NCERT books are considered the most credible preparation material for UPCET 2021.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest updates and news on the UPCET Exam 2021.