New Delhi, 08 December, 2021: The University Grants Commission(UGC) has released a list of eligible Higher Educational Institutes (HEIs) that are offering online programs for the 2021-22 academic session. The list has been curated on the basis of applications received.
The programs under the scope of the Regulatory Authorities* have been considered on the basis of communication/recommendation received from the respective Regulatory Authority. HEIs are supposed to abide by conditions like number of seats and valid academic year.
*Here is a list of Regulatory Authorities:
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)/National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Central Council of Homeopathy (CCH)
- Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM)
- National Council for Rural Institutes (NCRI)
- Council of Architecture
- Various State Councils of Higher Education (SCHE)
Note: During its 551st meeting, held on 1 July 2021, the commission decided that the academic session for July 2021 shall be changed to November 2021 with the last date of admission as 15 December 2021 under exceptional circumstances.
Table of Contents
Higher Educational Institutes 2021 List – New Additions
Recently, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad (Deemed to be University) and G.L.A University, Mathura (Private University) have also been included in the list* to offer open & distance learning (ODL) programs and online programs for the academic session 2021-22. Both institutions will offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
*Note: To refer to the complete list of HEIs, please click here.
UGC HEIs 2021 – List of Courses
|NAME/CATEGORY OF HEI||NAME OF PROGRAMMES|
|Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, Faridabad, Haryana
(Deemed to be University)
|1. Bachelor of Computer Applications
2. Bachelor of Business Applications
3. Bachelor of Arts (Honors)(Economics)
4. Bachelor of Commerce
5. Master of Computer Applications
6. Master of Business Administration
7. Master of Commerce
|G.L.A University, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
|1. Bachelor of Commerce (Honors)
2. Bachelor of Business Administration
3. Master of Business Administration
UGC HEIs 2021 – Details
- For the ongoing academic session (2021), the last date of admission is December 15, 2021. The academic session will be considered active from November 2021 to January 2026.
- The last date for admission for the rest of the academic sessions shall be notified by the commission. HEIs will upload admission details within 15 days thereafter.
- The list shall be updated from time to time, as required. Accordingly, the stakeholders are requested to refer to the various public notices on the UGC DEB website.
Note: HEIs have to comply with all provisions of the University Grants Commission (Open and Distance Learning Programmes and Online Programmes) Regulations, 2020 and its amendment.
To read the official document, click here.