UGC Guidelines 2022: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released certain precautionary guidelines for students who want to enroll for the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) as well as online courses. Students are required to take note of the given instructions before enrolling themselves. They are also advised to keep checking the official website of the University Grants Commission (UGC) – ugc.ac.in for latest updates.
- Students must have passed Class 12 to get admission in undergraduate courses and must have bachelor’s degree for postgraduate admission.
- The last date to apply for July- August 2022 academic session is 31 October 2022.
Table of Contents
- UGC Guidelines 2022 – Details
- UGC Guidelines 2022 – List of Prohibited Courses
- UGC Guidelines 2022 – Professor of Practice in Universities and Colleges
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
UGC Guidelines 2022 – Details
- Students should check the recognition and entitlement status of higher educational institutions (HEIs).
- Students should check the list of higher educational institutions (HEIs) that are exempted from offering ODL or online programmes and have been put under ‘no admission category’.
- Students are required to thoroughly check the documents submitted by the higher educational institutions (HEIs) such as application, affidavit etc on UGC website. If students find any problem in details available on the official website of HEIs and UGC website, they should convey it to the University Grants Commision (UGC).
- Students should ensure that the minimum duration, names and entry level qualification for Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and online courses under which enrolment is being made should be strictly as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms.
- Before enrolling, students are required to ensure that all the activities of higher educational institutions (HEIs) including admission, counselling, examinations are within the set norms for the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) programmes.
UGC Guidelines 2022 – List of Prohibited Courses
The following courses are prohibited to be offered under the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and online learning mode by the University Grants Commission (UGC) are given below:
- Occupational Therapy arid other Para-Medical disciplines
- Hotel Management
- Catering Technology
- Culinary Sciences
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Visual Arts and Sports
- Aviation, Tourism and Hospitality Management programmes at undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) level are not permitted in Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode or in online mode.
- M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes in all disciplines through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) and online mode are also prohibited.
UGC Guidelines 2022 – Professor of Practice in Universities and Colleges
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has also taken a new initiative to bring the industry and other professional expertise into the academic institutions through a new category of positions called ‘Professor of Practice’.
UGC Guidelines 2022 – Professor of Practice Eligibility
As per the UGC Guidelines 2022, the eligibility criteria for Professor of Practice are as follows:
- Distinguished experts who have made remarkable contributions in their professions from various fields such as engineering, science, technology, entrepreneurship, commerce, social sciences, media, literature, fine arts, civil services, armed forces, legal profession and public administration among others are eligible.
- Those who have proven expertise in their specific profession or role with at least 15 years of service/experience, preferably at a senior level, will be eligible.
- A formal academic qualification is not considered essential for this position if they have exemplary professional practice. These experts will also be exempted from the requirement of publications and other eligibility criteria stipulated for the recruitment of faculty members at the Professor level.
- The number of Professors of Practice in a higher educational institutions (HEI), at any point in time, should not exceed 10% of the sanctioned posts in a HEI.
UGC Guidelines 2022 – Professor of Practice Duties and Responsibilities
- To involve in the development and designing of courses and curriculum.
- To Introduce new courses and deliver lectures as per institutional policies.
- To encourage students in innovation and entrepreneurship projects & provide necessary mentorship for these activities.
- To focus on enhanced industry-academia collaborations.
- To conduct jointly in collaboration with regular faculty member of the institution, workshops, seminars, deliver special lectures, and training programmes.
- To carry out joint research project or consultancy services in collaboration with the regular faculty member of the concerned higher educational institutions (HEI).
Note: To view the official document, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the last date to apply for the ODL courses 2022?
The last date to apply for ODL courses 2022 is 31 October 2022.
Which courses have been prohibited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the ODL 2022 admissions?
Engineering, Medical, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy arid other Para-Medical disciplines, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dental, Architecture, Law, Agriculture, Horticulture, Hotel Management, Catering Technology, Culinary Sciences, Aircraft Maintenance, Visual Arts and Sports courses have been prohibited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) for the ODL 2022 admissions.