SRM University will initiate the SRMJEEE counselling 2020 most probably in the second or third week of August. All the candidates who qualify the SRM Joint Entrance Examination 2020 will have to attend the in-person counselling session as per the schedule. However, candidates who fail to attend the offline process, can opt for the online process of SRMJEEE counselling too. It is mandatory for the candidates to attend the counselling round in order to get admission in the SRM University through the seat allotment process.
In order to attend the counselling for SRM University admission, candidates will have to download the counselling letter and record from the official website of the SRM University i.e. srmuniv.ac.in. Detailed information regarding SRMJEEE counselling 2020 is provided in this article below.
Table of Contents
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Important Dates
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Selection Procedure
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Process
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Counselling Venue Details
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Documents Required
- SRMJEEE Counselling – Instructions
- SRMJEEE Counselling – FAQs
- ✔️ Is it required by a candidate to attend the counselling process of SRMJEEE 2020?
- ✔️ Does SRM University also have the provision for an online counselling process?
- ✔️ Where can a candidate download his/her SRMJEEE counselling letter?
- ✔️ Why should I carry original documents to attend SRMJEEE counselling round?
- ✔️ How much fee do I need to pay initially to download the counselling letter?
SRMJEEE Counselling – Important Dates
The entire admission process of SRMJEEE 2020 along with counselling rounds has been postponed by the university due to the sudden outbreak of COVID-19. The varsity will release the official notice on its website to notify the candidates regarding the exact dates. In the meanwhile, applicants can go through the tentative dates of SRMJEEE 2020 events provided in the table below:
Important Dates for SRMJEEE Counselling 2020
|SRMJEEE 2020 exam date||Jul 30 – Aug 4, 2020 (Declared)|
|Declaration of result||Second Week Of Aug 2020 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of counselling||Second or Third week of Aug 2020 (Tentative)|
SRMJEEE Counselling – Selection Procedure
Post entrance exam, the SRMJEEE selection procedure has been divided into various steps by the university. Given below are the steps involved in the admission process for SRMJEEE 2020.
- A merit list will be prepared by the university on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the exam right after the result declaration.
- As per the marks obtained, SRMJEEE AIRs (All India Ranks) is allotted to the candidates.
- After merit list, the next step would be releasing the SRMJEEE cut off.
- Candidates, who qualify the closing cutoff rank, will be called for the counselling as per their ranks.
- In the counselling, candidates can choose their branch, campus, course, etc.
- The final selection of the candidate is verified with a Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) issued by the university.
SRMJEEE Counselling – Process
Once a candidate has been called for the SRM University counselling round, he/she is required to go through the steps given below. It is a must for a candidate to attend the SRMJEEE counselling process in order to get admission in the university.
1st Step: After receiving the counselling call letter, go to the official website of SRM University.
2nd Step: Login with the help of your email ID and password, generated at the time of registration
3rd Step: Pay Rs. 210,000 (Rs. 200,000 Tuition Fee + Rs. 10,000 Counselling Registration Fee)
4th Step: Download the counselling letter and counselling record from the dashboard.
5th Step: Make sure to attend the counselling at the scheduled date, time and venue.
Note: Candidates can pay the tuition fee and registration fee online through the EPay facility or via Demand Draft issued in favour of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
SRMJEEE Counselling – Counselling Venue Details
It is important for the candidates to know the details of the campuses where the SRMJEEE counselling process will take place. All the campuses of SRM University along with their address and phone number are tabulated below for candidates.
Campus wise details:
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology||Complete Address|
|Kattankulathur Campus||Dr T.P. Ganesan Auditorium, SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur – 603 203, Tamil Nadu
+91 (044) 27455510, 47437500
|Ramapuram Campus||Bharathi Salai, Ramapuram,
Chennai – 600 089.
Phone: 1800 102 1525 (Toll-Free)
|NCR Ghaziabad Campus||NCR Campus – Modinagar, Delhi Meerut Road, Ghaziabad,
Pin code – 201204
Phone: 01232-234301(10 Lines) 4319, 4346, 4352
|Vadapalani Campus||No.1, Jawaharlal Nehru Road,
(100 feet Road, Near Vadapalani Signal),
Vadapalani, Chennai – 600 026.
Phone: +91-44-4396 9966, +91-44-4396 9967
|Delhi – NCR Sonepat Campus||Plot No. 39, Rajiv Gandhi Education City Delhi-NCR Sonepat – Kundli Urban Complex, Post Office P.S.Rai, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Sonipat, Haryana 131029
Phone: +91-8816033301 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06 / 9541779883
|Amaravati Campus||Neerukonda, Mangalagiri Mandal, Guntur District, Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh 522502
Phone: +91-866-2429299 / 1800-599-2233 (Toll Free)
SRMJEEE Counselling – Documents Required
At the time of counselling, original documents of candidates will be verified by the authorities. Therefore, every candidate must carry the below-listed set of documents to the venue. Make sure to take photocopies of these documents along with the original. Also, if in case a candidate fails to present any of the mandatory documents at counselling venue, he/she may be disqualified from the admission process.
- B.Tech Counselling Call Letter
- SRMJEE 2020 Rank card
- Admit Card/Hall Ticket of Class 12 Board Examination
- Mark Sheet of Class 10th as Date of Birth Proof
- Mark Sheet of Class 12th (if results are announced)
- Photo ID Proof (PAN, Aadhar, Passport) – Original for Verification and Photocopy for Submission
- Cancelled Cheque Leaf with the Name of the Candidate/Parent/Guardian Printed.
- Receipt(s) for Payment made through EPay facility or Demand Draft.
How are seats allotted through SRMJEEE counselling process?
In order to make the seat allotment process easy, the SRM university conducts it through both online and offline modes for the candidates. The seats in different SRM campuses are allotted on the basis of performance of the candidates in the entrance exam. Candidates who fail to attend the offline process of counselling have the option of attending the online counselling. The candidates who attend online counselling are allotted seats through a similar online process.
SRMJEEE Counselling – Instructions
Once a candidate has been called to attend the counselling process of SRMJEEE 2020, he/she must follow the university guidelines. Some of the information regarding SRMJEEE counselling and admission process is provided below for the candidates:
- SRM University admissions are conducted purely on the basis of merit obtained in SRM Joint Entrance Examination.
- All the candidates who qualify the examination will have to remit the prescribed fees, on confirmation of the seat, and acceptance of the branch allotted.
- Provisional Allotment Letter will be issued only upon payment of Rs. 2,10,000/- (includes Registration cum Counselling Fee of Rs. 10,000/- and Part of first-year tuition Fee).
- Candidates are strongly recommended to pay the above amount before coming to the counselling, through EPay facility.
- After payment of Rs. 2,10,000/- (annual tuition fee) during counselling, the Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) shall be issued. If a candidate fails to make the payment, the admission will stand cancelled and the vacancy arising out of such cancellations will be filled immediately from the waitlist.
- If the annual tuition fee for a particular programme/institution is less than Rs. 2,10,000/-, the excess amount would be adjusted in hostel/bus fees.
SRMJEEE Counselling – FAQs
✔️ Is it required by a candidate to attend the counselling process of SRMJEEE 2020?
Yes, if a candidate qualifies the SRMJEEE 2020, he/she has to attend the counselling process conducted by the university to secure admission.
✔️ Does SRM University also have the provision for an online counselling process?
Yes, the university conducts the counselling process through both the modes - online and offline.
✔️ Where can a candidate download his/her SRMJEEE counselling letter?
Candidates need to visit the official website of the university in order to download the counselling call letter for attending the counselling round of SRMJEEE 2020.
✔️ Why should I carry original documents to attend SRMJEEE counselling round?
Every candidate attending the SRMJEEE counselling round should carry the original document for verification purposes. The verification officers return the original documents immediately and keep the photocopies.
✔️ How much fee do I need to pay initially to download the counselling letter?
You need to pay Rs. 210,000 (Rs, 200,000 Tuition Fee and Rs. 10,000 Counselling Registration Fee) either via E-Payment facility or through a DD drawn in favor of ‘SRMIST’ payable at Chennai.
Stay tuned to Buddy4Study to get the latest news and information about SRMJEEE Slot Booking 2020.