New Delhi, 23 September 2022, SBI PO Recruitment 2022: The State Bank of India (SBI) has started the recruitment process for the Probationary Officer (PO) post on 22 September 2022. According to the notification released on the official website: sbi.co.in., the SBI PO exam will be held for 1,673 vacancies.
The candidates who successfully qualify for the preliminary examination for the position of Probationary Officer (PO) are eligible to apply for the main examination. The last date to fill out the online application for the SBI PO recruitment is 12 October 2022.
Table of Contents
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Syllabus
- SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Salary
- How to Apply for the SBI PO Recruitment 2022 Exam?
- Q.1 What is the age limit for the SBI PO recruitment exam 2022?
- The State Bank of India has set 21 years as the upper limit for the Probationary Officer (PO) post.
- Q2. When will the SBI PO exam be held?
- The State Bank of India will conduct a preliminary exam for Probationary Officer (PO) post in January 2023.
- Q3. What is the application fee for the SBI PO recruitment exam 2022?
- The application fee for the SBI PO recruitment exam is INR 750 for the General, Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD), and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) categories.
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Important Dates
The candidates must submit their applications on the SBI website within the allotted time frame, which is till 12 October 2022. After the submission of applications, the preliminary exam will be held to select candidates for the relevant positions.
The applicants are advised to read the important dates regarding SBI PO recruitment 2022:
|Online Application Starting Date||22 September 2022|
|Payment of Application Fee||22 September 2022|
|Last Date for Online Application||12 September 2022|
|Preliminary Exam Admit Card||December 2022|
|Preliminary Exam||January 2023|
|Result of Preliminary Exam||January 2023|
|Main Exam Admit Card||February 2023|
|Main Exam||February 2023|
|Result of Main Exam||February 2023|
|Psychometric Test||March 2023|
|Group Exercises||March 2023|
|Final Result||March 2023|
|Pre-Exam Training||December 2022|
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy
The State Bank of India has released a total of 1,673 vacancies for the Probationary Officer (PO) post.
The candidates can check category-wise vacancies from the table given below:
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||160|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||270|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||130|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||466|
- The number of vacancies can be altered by the commission.
- Reservations will be made for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) categories.
- Candidates from the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category are required to produce an ‘Income & Asset Certificate’ issued based on the gross annual income for the Financial Year 2021-22.
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Eligibility
- Candidates must be citizens of India, Nepal, or Bhutan.
- Candidates applying for the exam must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidates must have been born no earlier than 2 January 1993.
- Candidates must have obtained a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates in their final year or final semester can also fill out the SBI PO 2022 Application Form.
The candidates can check category-wise age relaxation from the table given below:
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||10 years|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Selection Process
The selection for Probationary Officers (POs) will be done through a three-phase process, namely, Phase 1: Preliminary Exam, Phase 2: Main Exam, and Phase 3: Psychometric Test.
- Preliminary exam: The preliminary exam is divided into three parts, namely: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- English Language: The English Language paper will include 30 questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The Quantitative Aptitude paper will consist of 35 questions.
- Reasoning Ability: The Reasoning Ability paper will consist of 35 questions.
- Main exam: The main exam will be worth 250 marks. The main exam will be conducted online and will consist of objective tests worth 200 marks and a descriptive test worth 50 marks.
- Psychometric test: The psychometric or personality test will be worth 50 marks. The candidates who are appearing for the personality test round are required to carry the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of educational qualification
- Reservation certificate
- Certificate in support of the claim of age
- There will be a negative marking rule of 1/4 mark for each wrong answer.
- The candidates will have to qualify for both Phase 2 and Phase 3 separately.
- The marks of Phase 1 and Phase 2 exams will be added to prepare the final merit list.
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Exam Pattern
- The exam will consist of two papers, namely, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The papers will be of the subjective type.
- The papers will be conducted in the offline mode.
- Paper 1 will be for a duration of 2 hours and Paper 2 will be for a duration of 3 hours.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
Main Exam Pattern
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||40||50 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||30||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||50||45 minutes|
|English Language||35||40 minutes|
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Syllabus
The candidates have to prepare the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability topics for Paper 1.
Candidates can check the SBI PO recruitment 2022 exam syllabus from the information given below:
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
Main Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||
SBI PO Recruitment 2022 – Salary
- The SBI Probationary Officer (PO) salary is INR 41,960.
- The joining amount will be INR 21,000, which will be provided during the training period.
- Along with the fixed salary, the candidate will also get other benefits, including dearness allowances, travel allowances, house allowances, and earned leaves.
- After completing the probation period of 2 years, candidates need to undergo an assessment as per standards determined by the State Bank of India. After successfully completing the assessment, Junior Managers will be promoted to Assistant Managers.
How to Apply for the SBI PO Recruitment 2022 Exam?
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to apply for the SBI PO recruitment 2022 exam:
Step 1 – Visit the career portal of SBI: bank.sbi/web/careers.
Step 2 – Click on the “Join SBI” tab.
Step 3 – Navigate to the “Current Openings” tab.
Step 4 – Click on the “RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS” tab.
Step 5 – Click on the “Apply Online” tab.
Step 6 – Fill in the required information to register as a new user.
Step 7 – After successful registration, click on the “Login” tab.
Step 8 – Fill in the required information.
Step 9 – Pay the application fee.
Step 10 – Click on the “Submit” tab to complete the application process.
Note: For other details regarding admit cards, biometric verification, on-the-job training and other details, please click here.