Shimla, September 23, 2022, Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme: The Himachal Pradesh (HP) Government on September 22, 2022, approved the National Education Policy’s Early Childhood Education (ECE) Tutor Scheme 2022 for children aged three to six in government primary schools. The decision was taken at a state cabinet meeting presided over by the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh, Mr. Jai Ram Thakur.
The scheme aims to include brain stimulation programmes to promote healthy brain development and growth in kids. The scheme will focus on areas and regions that are particularly socio-economically challenged, and those areas and regions will receive special consideration and priority.
The state government will recruit young diploma freshers for the position of tutors under the ECE Tutor Scheme. Tutors would be hired through the HP State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. (HPSEDC) on an outsourcing basis until the education department develops the regulations for their recruitment.
According to CM Jai Ram Thakur, in order to qualify for the programme, the department will create bridge courses for candidates who have completed a one-year diploma in nursery teacher education, preschool education, or early childhood education programme. These tutors will receive a monthly salary of Rs 9,000.
This article will further discuss instruction and eligibility criteria for tutor recruitment under the HP ECE Tutor Scheme.
Table of Contents
- Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Purpose
- Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Tutor Eligibility Criteria
- Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Instructions for Tutors
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Purpose
- To make a positive contribution to children’s long-term development and learning by facilitating an enabling and stimulating environment in these foundation stages of lifelong learning.
- To promote quality and excellence in early childhood care and education by providing guidelines for child care and early educational practices.
- To support young professionals, tutors, caregivers, communities, and state governments.
- To provide rich early stimulation and learning experiences for children from birth to pre-primary years.
- To work and assist in socio-economically challenged areas.
- To ensure the holistic development of kids.
- To reflect the inseparable nature of care and education by addressing the needs of young children for care, nutrition, health and well-being, and parent counselling, as well as supporting the development of all domains.
Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Tutor Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have a one-year diploma in nursery teacher education.
- Or, they must have a diploma in preschool education.
- Or, they must possess a diploma in the early childhood education programme.
Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme – Instructions for Tutors
- It is advisable that tutors avoid displaying all of the learning materials at once, as it would overwhelm the kids.
- They must replace and experiment with the learning materials every two weeks. If the materials are constantly the same, they will grow weary and lose interest.
- Tutors must maintain an active and engaging environment.
- They must display their students’ artwork and projects on the wall. This helps kids to remember the activities in which they were engaged. This also builds their self-esteem as they feel their work is appreciated.
- If the children in the class are more or less the same age, the tutor must group them according to their developmental needs and capabilities. They must offer a range of activities for each group that caters to individual children and their learning needs.
- Tutors must plan opportunities for group interactions both in indoor and outdoor settings. They must balance it with active and quiet activities.
- They must include songs, rhymes, poems, finger plays, dramatics, science, maths, and physical activities during group interaction time.
- Tutors must make group interaction times compatible with the whole curriculum and support themes and projects.
- Tutors must plan the learning environment creatively and imaginatively. While planning specific activities, they must remember to include the development of the whole child.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the eligibility criteria for the Himachal Pradesh ECE Tutor Scheme?
To work as a tutor under the HP ECE Tutor Scheme, candidates must have a one-year diploma in nursery teacher education or preschool education, or they must possess a diploma in the early childhood education programme.
Who is the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh?
Mr. Jai Ram Thakur is the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh.
What is the purpose of the ECE Tutor Scheme?
The ECE Tutor Scheme aims to include brain stimulation programmes to promote healthy brain development and growth in kids. The scheme will focus on areas and regions that are particularly socio-economically challenged, and those areas and regions will receive special consideration and priority.