New Delhi, 2 May 2022: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will conduct the RRB NTPC 2022 exam (Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical Popular Categories 2022) on 9 and 10 May via the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The exam will be conducted for Pay Level 6 & 4 graduate posts.
To crack the RRB NTPC CBT-2 2022 exam, aspirants need to have detailed knowledge of the exam pattern, syllabus, important reference books, and selection criteria.
For that, experts at Buddy4Study have collated a detailed guide on the RRB NTPC exam that will acquaint candidates with these facets in detail and help them be exam ready.
Table of Contents
- RRB NTPC 2022 – Exam Pattern
- RRB NTPC 2022 – Syllabus
- RRB NTPC 2022 – Preparation Books
- RRB NTPC 2022 – Mock Tests and Other Links
- RRB NTPC 2022 Admit Card
- RRB NTPC 2022 – Selection Process
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
RRB NTPC 2022 – Exam Pattern
The RRB NTPC 2022 exam has 4 stages as follows:
- CBT- 1 – Common for both graduate and undergraduate level posts
- CBT- 2 – Level of difficulty is different for graduate and undergraduate level posts
- CBAT/Skill Test
- Document Verification
RRB NTPC 2022 Exam Pattern – CBT-1
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mathematics||30||30||1 hr 30 mins|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
RRB NTPC 2022 Exam Pattern – CBT-2
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Mathematics||35||35||1 hr 30 mins|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35|
RRB NTPC 2022 Exam Pattern – CBAT/Skill Test
|Vacancies||Mode of Test|
|Assistant Station Master & Traffic Assistant||Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)|
|Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist & Senior Clerk-cum-Typist, Senior Time Keeper||Typing Skill Test|
RRB NTPC 2022 – Syllabus
The syllabus for RRB NTPC 2022 exam comprises the following subjects and sub-topics:
a) Mathematics Syllabus
- Number System
- LCM, HCF
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Elementary Algebra
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
b) General Intelligence and Reasoning Syllabus
- Completion of Number and Alphabetical Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical Operations
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Venn Diagrams
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement- Conclusion
- Statement- Courses of Action
- Decision Making
- Interpretation of Graphs
c) General Awareness Syllabus
- Current Events of National and International Importance (Current Affairs)
- Games and Sports
- Art and Culture of India
- Indian Literature
- Monuments and Places of India
- General Science and Life Science (up to 10th CBSE)
- History of India and Freedom Struggle
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India and World
- Indian Polity and Governance- constitution and political system
- General Scientific and Technological Developments including Space and Nuclear Program of India
- UN and Other important World Organizations
- Environmental Issues Concerning India and World at Large
- Basics of Computers and Computer Applications
- Common Abbreviations
- Transport Systems in India
- Indian Economy
- Famous Personalities of India and World
- Flagship Government Programs
- Flora and Fauna of India
- Important Government and Public Sector Organizations of India
RRB NTPC 2022 – Preparation Books
To be exam-ready, aspirants need to consult the right books for their preparation. Here is a list of RRB NTPC books that we recommend for the exam.
RRB NTPC 2022 Preparation Books – Mathematics
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|RRB NTPC Guide 2022||Arihant|
|Arithmetic for General Competition||Neetu Singh|
RRB NTPC 2022 Preparation Books – General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Lucent’s Reasoning||Lucent Publication|
|Railway to the Point General Knowledge & General Science||Kiran Prakashan|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Aggarwal and Kiran Publication|
RRB NTPC 2022 Preparation Books – General Awareness
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Upkar Publication|
|Manorama Yearbook||Malayala Manorama|
We recommend all candidates to attempt as many mock tests as they can. For that, aspirants can use the official RRB NPC mock tests that the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) provided on the Digi Alm portal. Candidates can also download their score card and city slip from the portal.
Note: To get help for the Computer Based Test (CBT-2) of Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) Level 4 and 6 posts, please click here.
RRB NTPC 2022 Admit Card
The board has released the RRB NTPC CBT 2 2022 exam city slip for Levels 4 and 6 on April 26, 2022. The RRB NTPC 2022 admit card will be released soon in online mode on the RRB official website – rrbcdg.gov.in – and respective regional websites given below:
|Name of RRBs (Region-wise)||RRB NTPC Admit Card Direct Link|
|RRB NTPC Ahmedabad Admit Card||rrbahmedabad.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Ajmer Admit Card||rrbajmer.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Allahabad Admit Card||rrbald.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Bangalore Admit Card||rrbbnc.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Bhopal Admit Card||rrbbhopal.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Bhubaneswar Admit Card||rrbbbs.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Bilaspur Admit Card||rrbbilaspur.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Chandigarh Admit Card||rrbcdg.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Chennai Admit Card||rrbchennai.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Gorakhpur Admit Card||rrbgkp.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Guwahati Admit Card||rrbguwahati.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Jammu Admit Card||rrbjammu.nic.in|
|RRB NTPC Kolkata Admit Card||rrbkolkata.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Malda Admit Card||rrbmalda.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Mumbai Admit Card||rrbmumbai.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Muzaffarpur Admit Card||rrbmuzaffarpur.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Patna Admit Card||rrbpatna.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Ranchi Admit Card||rrbranchi.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Secunderabad Admit Card||rrbsecunderabad.nic.in|
|RRB NTPC Siliguri Admit Card||rrbsiliguri.gov.in|
|RRB NTPC Trivandrum Admit Card||rrbthiruvananthapuram.gov.in|
RRB NTPC 2022 – Selection Process
There are mainly five stages in the RRB NTPC selection process. The procedure is discussed below in detail:
RRB NTPC 2022: Computer Based Test 1 (CBT-1)
The first stage of CBT is used for screening the candidates. In order to shortlist the applicants for the second stage of CBT, the first stage marks will be considered.
RRB NTPC 2022: Computer Based Test 2 (CBT-2)
Candidates who clear the first stage of CBT will have to appear for the second stage of CBT. Candidates who pass the second stage will then have to appear for the skills test for the positions they have applied for.
RRB NTPC CBAT/Typing Test Skill Test
- Candidates who have opted for Traffic Assistant and Station Master need to secure a minimum score of 42 marks to qualify.
- The candidates who have applied for Junior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Time Keeper, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Senior Clerk cum Typist, Junior Account Assistant cum Typist, and Senior Time Keeper will have to appear for the typing test.
- These candidates should be able to type 30 words per minute (WPM) in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on a personal computer only without editing tools and spell check facility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is RRB NTPC 2022?
Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs) Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) is a national-level exam conducted to recruit for non-technical fields under the Railways.
What is the exam date for RRB NTPC 2022 CBT 2?
RRB NTPC Level 4 & Level 6 posts CBT-2 examination will be held on 9th & 10th May 2022.
What is the selection process for RRB NTPC 2022?
The RRB NTPC selection process consists of 2 stages of computer-based tests followed by the skill test round.
Can women candidates apply for the RRB NTPC 2022 exam?
Yes, the RRB NTPC department deals with non-technical and commercial aspects of the railways, so both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for the RRB NTPC 2022 exam.
Which books are best for RRB NTPC 2022 exam preparation?
There are many books available in the market for RRB NTPC preparation. However, candidates should choose books that have covered the entire syllabus and are written in simple language. We have recommended some books in the article for candidates’ convenience.
Is there any normalization of marks in the RRB NTPC 2022 exam?
Yes, RRB follows a normalization procedure to calculate the scores of candidates. This is done to maintain uniformity in terms of result declaration.