New Delhi, 14 Aug 2023 – RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has officially announced the date of Preliminary Examination for Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS).
This is scheduled to take place on October 1, 2023 (Sunday). Aspiring candidates can access the detailed notification on the official website on the following link – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – Overview of Examination
|Recruitment Body||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Positions||State Service Posts (424)
Subordinate Services Posts (481)
|Number of Vacancies||905|
|Start Date of Application||July 1, 2023|
|Last Date of Application||July 31, 2023|
|Date of Examination||October 1, 2023 (Sunday)|
|Official Website||Click Here|
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a graduation degree from a university incorporated under the Central or State Legislature Act in India.
- Age Bracket: Age of the candidates must lie between 21 to 40 years as of January 1, 2024.
- Upper-Age Relaxations: Reserved category candidates are eligible for relaxation as per the prescribed regulation.
For detailed eligibility criteria refer to the following hyperlink – click here.
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – Details of Application Fee
- ₹600 for General Category
- ₹400 for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other Reserved Categories
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – Exam Structure
- Weightage: Objective questions carry a weightage of 200 marks.
- Content: Comprehensive coverage of questions on general knowledge and general science.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Mains follow after the preliminary round (Prelims) for the qualified candidates.
- It is subjective in nature and evaluates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the subject matter.
- Candidates who clear the Mains, proceed to the interview phase marking the end of the selection process.
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – How to Check Exam Date?
The candidates interested in taking RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 examination can follow these steps to access the exam date notification:
- Visit the official website on the link – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Press Note Regarding Exam Date For Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive (Pre.) Examination, 2023’ notification link.
- The candidate will be redirected to a PDF containing the details on exam date.
- Verify the exam date and save a copy of the notification for future reference.
Note: Candidates are suggested to visit the official website for latest updates.
RPSC RAS Prelims 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When is the Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) Preliminary Examination scheduled to take place?
Ans: The RAS Preliminary Examination is scheduled to take place on October 1, 2023 (Sunday).
Q: Where can the aspirants access the detailed notification of RAS Preliminary Examination?
Ans: Aspirants can easily access the detailed notification on the official website available on the link rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for the Preliminary Exam in terms of academic qualification?
Ans: A candidate must be a graduate from the universities incorporated under the Central/State Legislature Acts in India.
Q: What are the qualifying age brackets for a candidate applying for the Preliminary Exam?
Ans: The age of candidates must lie between 21 to 40 years as of January 1, 2024.
Q: Are there any upper-age relaxations for candidates from reserved categories applying for the Preliminary Exam?
Ans: Yes, candidates from the reserved categories including others are eligible for age relaxations. Details on upper-age relaxations have been tabulated below.
|SC, ST, OBC and EWS||Male||5 years|
|SC, ST, OBC and EWS||Female||10 Years|
|All||Widowed/Divorced||No Age Restrictions|
Q: What is the application fee for the Preliminary Exam for different categories?
Ans: The application fee is ₹600 for General Category and ₹400 for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other Reserved Categories.
Q: What is the weightage for questions in the RPSC Preliminary Examination?
Ans: Preliminary exam in the RAS Preliminary Examination will have only one paper consisting of General Knowledge and General Science.It carries a weightage of 200 marks.
Q: What is the time duration of the RAS Preliminary Examination(Prelims)?
Ans: The RAS Preliminary Examination has a duration of 3 hours.
Q: Can you explain the structure of the Main Examination for RPSC RAS?
Ans: The Main Examination (Mains) follows the preliminary round for qualified candidates. It is subjective in nature and evaluates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the subject matter. Structure of Mains is tabulated as under.
|General Studies Paper I (History, Economics, Sociology, Management, Accounting and Auditing)||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper II (Administrative Ethics, Science and Technology, Earth Science, Geography of Rajasthan)||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies Paper III (Polity and Current Affairs, Public Administration and Management, Sports and Yoga, Behaviour, Law)||200||3 Hours|
|Paper IV – General Hindi and General English||200||3 Hours|
Candidates appearing in the main examination shall be required to:
- Secure minimum 10% marks in each paper and 15% marks in aggregate out of the total marks of all papers in the main examination to qualify for personality and viva voce round.
- Relaxation of 5% in such minimum marks shall be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.