New Delhi, November 2, 2022 – NVS Recruitment – The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has announced vacancies for 5000 teaching and non-teaching positions. All of these positions are scheduled to be filled in the next four months. The process of recruitment is already in progress and will be continued and completed by the end of February next year.
The New Education Policy (NEP 2020) has introduced several reforms to make the education system more student-centric and bridge the gap between the student and teacher relationship.
Due to rounds of promotions, a few of the posts have been vacant – as revealed by the ministry. In 2021, 3156 vacancies in teaching positions were recorded in several Navodaya Vidyalaya and Jharkhand had the highest number of vacancies in 230 positions.
NVS has taken a step ahead to fill positions at both teaching and non-teaching levels to consider the reforms and recommendations of NEP 2020.
NVS Recruitment – General Overview
- The recruitment process has already started and will be completed by the end of February 2023.
- The Ministry of Education has confirmed 5000 vacancies in both teaching and non-teaching positions.
- The process of recruitment will continue for the next four months.
- The Ministry has declared that the recruitment process will take place in about 700 residential Navodaya Vidyalaya across the country.
NVS Recruitment – What is Navodaya Vidyalaya?
- Navodaya Vidyalaya is a co-educational residential school that provides education to meritorious students in rural areas.
- The Navodaya group of schools works under the management of the Samiti and functions under the authority of the Ministry of Education.
- There are almost 700 such schools operated by NVS across the country.
- The schools are committed to following the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) syllabus.
- It also offers free boarding schools and quality education to talented students from Class 8 to 12.
NVS Recruitment – Importance of Navodaya Vidyalaya
- Setting up the Navodaya Vidyalaya is a joint initiative taken by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti and the Ministry of Education to facilitate the students of rural and remote areas to receive a quality education.
- Following the reforms of the New Education Policy (NEP 2020), the ministry has decided to set up more Navodaya Vidyalaya around the country to reach more meritorious students.
- The ministry is focusing on students from aspirational districts, the Special Education Zone, and other disadvantaged regions to promote and boost high-quality educational opportunities.
- Students from these regions will have a chance to receive a better educational environment and opportunities with this initiative.
NVS Recruitment – Student-Teacher Ratio
- According to the New Education Policy (NEP 2020), the ratio of students to teachers should be 30:1 to ensure a better learning environment.
- NVS has considered the recommendations of NEP 2020 and focused on implementing them by recruiting teachers for various posts.
- NVS has also considered a student-teacher ratio of 25:1 for the students of socio-economically disadvantaged regions, as stated in NEP 2020.
Note: To check the official site of NVS, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the last date to apply for NVS Recruitment 2022?
The NVS recruitment 2022 will be completed by February 2023. No specific date has yet been revealed officially.
How many Navodaya Vidyalaya are there in India?
There are almost 700 Navodaya Vidyalaya across the country.
Who operates Navodaya Vidyalaya?
The Navodaya group of schools works under the management of the Samiti and functions under the authority of the Ministry of Education.