The National Testing Agency confirmed on their official website that the NEET 2020 result will be declared around 4 pm today. Candidates who appeared for the exam this year will be able to download the results at – ntaneet.nic.in. You must enter your NEET 2020 roll number (mentioned on your Admit card) to download the result. Prior to the release of the official NEET result, NTA will also release the final answer key. Students are advised to download the ‘final answer key’ as well.
NEET Result Date – What Really Happened Till Now?
- NEET 2020 was conducted on 13th September 2020. As many as 15.97 lakh candidates registered for the prestigious medical entrance exam.
- Unfortunately, only 88% of the registered candidates could appear for the exam on 13th September 2020, due to various reasons related to COVID-19.
- Initially, the result was scheduled to be announced on 12th October 2020. However NTA came to a conclusion that it would be unfair to the absentees of NEET 2020, who missed out on the opportunity to appear for the exam. These candidates were generally from quarantine zones and COVID-positive zones.
- Therefore, NTA, on 12th October 2020, wrote to the Supreme Court to conduct the NEET phase 2 exam for such candidates and it was approved by the “Supreme judicial body of Government of India”.
- Finally, NTA made last-minute amends in their policy and conducted the NEET Phase 2 exam on 14th October 2020.
- The combined result of the NEET phase 1 and NEET phase 2 exam will shortly be announced today at around 4 pm.
The NEET 2020 scorecard would feature details such as NEET cutoff marks, overall and for the specific category as well. The subject wise percentile will be mentioned alongside the All India Rank, State Rank and statistics of the marks secured by the candidate. NEET result 2020 would also feature the name of the All India Topper. Candidates who will meet the qualifying cutoffs for their respective categories will be able to participate in the NEET counselling process, which is expected to commence in the later half of October 2020.