Every year, more than 23,000 candidates cement their place in 16 eminent NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) campuses across India, based on their ranking in the NIFT entrance exam.
The exam is conducted in three phases (Written test, Situation Test and Group Discussion/Personal Interview), with GAT (General Ability Test) and CAT (Creative Ability Test) holding massive prominence. GAT is the first written test which is mandatory for aspirants applying for admissions in any of the 5 courses offered by NIFT, including Bachelor of Design (B.Des), Master of Design (M.Des), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech), Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech) and Master of Fashion Management (MFM). CAT, on the other hand, is the second written test that is only mandatory for the candidates who have opted for Bachelors of Design (B.Des) or Masters of Design(M.Des) courses.
Another interesting point to note is that the shortlisted candidates opting for the B.Des course, must also appear for the NIFT Situation test, whereas the shortlisted candidates appearing for masters courses (including M.Des, M.F.Tech and MFM) have to appear for a final round of selection that includes Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The final results are then declared, followed by a counselling process for qualified candidates.
Important Update- NIFT’s governing authority has announced that the NIFT Entrance Exam result for the B.Design will be announced on the 25th June 2020. Due to the outbreak of Covid 19 pandemic, NIFT postponed the date of the remaining ‘Situation Test’ for B.Design aspirants. However, NIFT has now cancelled the ‘Situation Test’ and the final result will be compiled with the help of GAT and CAT (which were conducted previously in the first half of the year). It is crucial to know that the NIFT has already announced the result of NIFT Entrance Exam for B.F. Technology on 13th March.
For the next year, the aspiring candidates may fill the NIFT entrance exam 2021 application form, which is expected to be released in the last week of October 2020.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2021 – Important Events and Tentative Dates
|Application starts from||4th Week of October 2020|
|Application Deadline (without late fee)||Last Week of December 2020|
|Application Deadline (with late fee)||1st Week of January 2021|
|Admit Cards available from||2nd Week of January 2021|
|NIFT Exam Date||3rd Week of January 2021|
|Objection Filing (Written Test)||4th Week of January 2021|
|Declaration of the Result (GAT and CAT)||1st or 2nd Week of March 2021|
|Release of Call Letter (Postgraduate)||2nd or 3rd Week of March 2021|
|Group Discussion/Situation Test/ Final Interview||Mid-April 2021|
|Final Results||3rd Week of May 2021|
|Counselling starts from||1st Week of June 2021|
Table of Contents
- NIFT Entrance Exam Result (2020) – How to check the result ?
- NIFT Entrance Exam Result – What details are mentioned on the scorecard/result?
- NIFT Entrance Exam Result – What’s the Process after the Final Results are declared?
- NIFT Entrance Exam Result – FAQ’s
NIFT Entrance Exam Result (2020) – How to check the result ?
Candidates may check the result of the NIFT entrance examination by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of NIFT (nift.ac.in)
- Click on the tab mentioning ‘NIFT Result 2020’.
- Enter the following credentials mentioned on the screen – Roll number, Date of birth and your 6-digit application number.
- After carefully checking the mentioned details, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Candidates will find their result on the screen.
- Take a few printouts of the scorecard for future purposes (counselling and admissions).
NIFT Entrance Exam Result – What details are mentioned on the scorecard/result?
Candidates must carefully check that all the details are appropriately mentioned on their scorecard. It is crucial to know that eligible candidates must carry their admit card as well as their result/scorecard at the time of counselling and admissions.
Candidates will find the following details imprinted on their scorecard/result:
- Name of the candidate
- Programme applied for
- Roll number
- Application number
- Category which the candidate belongs to
- Marks obtained
Important points to note:
- Candidates appearing for the Design courses will see separate scores for CAT and GAT tests .
- Shortlisted applicants for B.Des course must appear for the ‘Situation Test’ which holds 20% weightage of the final result.
- B.F.Tech applicants will see the total marks of GAT out of 100 whereas M.F.Tech and MFM applicants will get their GAT score out of 70 (rest 30 marks will be judged on the basis of Group Discussion and Personal Interview).
The weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list of the entrance examination will be as follows:
|Bachelor of Design||CAT 50%
Situation Test 20%
|Master of Design||CAT 40%
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT 100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT 70%
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT 70%
Note: In case of equal scores of two candidates, the older candidate (as per date of birth) will be given preference.
NIFT Entrance Exam Result – What’s the Process after the Final Results are declared?
- After the final result is declared by evaluating the marks obtained in GAT, CAT, Situation Test/Group discussion/Final interview, a merit list is prepared. This is announced online in the month of May or June.
- Then, the candidates have to wait for the release of the cut off lists for 16 NIFT institutes in the country. These will be section and campus-wise closing ranks.
- Cut offs will be based on the difficulty level of the exam and also the number of applicants for various courses.
- If the candidates manage to get rank within the opening and closing rank (based on their category), they will be eligible to appear for the process of counselling.
- Shortlisted candidates must fill the online counselling form on the official website of NIFT. They must fill their preferred choices and other mentioned details to complete the form of appearing for counselling.
Candidates must carry following documents at the time of the counselling for verification:
- Class 12th marksheet or equivalent
- Result/Scorecard of NIFT entrance exam.
- Birth certificate
- Bank Draft for fee issued to NIFT head office.
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate
- Family income statements
After the completion of counselling, eligible candidates will be allotted the desired seat in any of the 16 NIFT campuses (according to the cutoff). He/she must check the official website of the ‘NIFT’ and confirm the commencement of the new session.
NIFT Entrance Exam Result – FAQ’s
Q. How can I check the NIFT entrance exam result?
After the declaration of the result, you may visit the official website of NIFT. Next, you must click on the tab mentioning ‘NIFT result 2020’. Enter credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth. Finally, you must click on the submit button and your result/scorecard will appear on the screen.
Q. Can I get the NIFT entrance result through post?
No, your NIFT result will not be sent through a post. You can only avail the result in online mode on the official website of NIFT.
Q. How is the NIFT entrance exam final result compiled?
NIFT entrance exam’s final result is compiled by evaluating the combined results of CAT (Creative Ability Test), GAT (General Ability Test) and Situation Test/Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The result is compiled by the governing body of the examination.
Q. Can I file objections on the Answer key ?
You may file objections on the provisional answer key with the help of authentic resources, which is then modified by the governing authority. After making changes to the provisional answer key, the governing body of the exam prepares the final answer key. Candidates cannot file objections once the final answer key is released.
Q. What is the result date for the NIFT 2021 written exam?
The result for the NIFT written exam 2021 is expected to be announced in the first week of March 2021. Official dates will soon be announced on the website of NIFT.