National Institute of Fashion Technology or NIFT admit card is the key to appear for the written exams such as GAT (General Ability Test), CAT (Creative Ability Test) and the Situation Test. After successfully paying the fees for the NIFT entrance exam, eligible candidates have to collect the admit card by downloading it from the official website of NIFT. The admit cards are available on the official website at least a week prior to the date of the exam. It is crucial to know for the aspirants that admit cards can only be downloaded from the official website and they will not be sent through post in any given scenario.
Eligible candidates must thoroughly check the information inked on the admit card and verify it precisely. If there is any discrepancy in the admit card, aspirants must urgently contact the helpline desk of NIFT.
In this article, we would emphasize on all the information related to the admit card for NIFT entrance examination. You will get to know about the process of downloading the admit card, key details mentioned on the admit card and other crucial details which will be essential for the candidates appearing for the NIFT entrance exam.
NIFT Entrance Exam Admit Card – How Do You Download It?
The admit card for the NIFT entrance exam can only be collected from the official website of NIFT. After the last date of application passes, an announcement of the release of admit card is made by the authorities and placed on the notification board of the website. However, aspirants must keep a check on the official website for the most authentic information, as authorities may make amendments in the schedule at any time.
Given below is the process to download the admit card for NIFT entrance examination:
- Eligible candidates may visit the official website of NIFT (nift.ac.in).
- Next, click on the tab/link mentioning ‘NIFT 2022 Admit Card’.
- Then, feed the 6 digit application number and further fill the date of birth.
- After ensuring that the right information is filled, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Candidates will eventually see their admit card on the screen.
- It is crucial to check information like personal details, center name, timings, signature and photograph.
- Candidates must take a few printouts of the admit card for not only the exam but for further events like counselling and admissions.
Note – Candidates must keep the admit card copy in safe and ideal conditions on the day of exam. Any irrelevant activity like writing on the admit card is prohibited and strict actions will be taken accordingly.
NIFT Entrance Exam Admit Card – What are the Details Mentioned on it?
The admit card for the NIFT entrance exam carries all the information which is filled by the candidates in the application form. Apart from the personal details, additional information such as roll number, examination center and date & time of the exam are also mentioned on the admit card. It is compulsory for the candidates appearing for the Bachelors of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) exams to carry the admit card for both the written tests (GAT and CAT). Since the Fashion Technology aspirants only have to appear for the GAT written exam, they have to carry the admit card for just one written test.
The details mentioned in the admit card for NIFT entrance exam are:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date and time for the exam
- Name and address of the examination center
- Important instructions
- Category of the candidate
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature.
Note – Candidates must report at the exam center at least half an hour prior to the start of the exam. It will help them to avoid any last minute hassles.
NIFT Entrance Exam Admit Card- Other Documents You Must Carry on the Exam Day
- It is mandatory for the appearing candidates to carry the admit card on the day of the exam. Inability to do so (in any scenario) may lead towards the rejection of the candidature.
- Other than the admit card, candidates must carry a valid identification card such as:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
Candidates may carry any one of the above mentioned documents for verification of identity. Any fraudulence will lead to disqualification and strict action will be taken against such candidates.
- Candidates must carry a ball-point pen, which should not be in any other colour except for black and blue.
- Aspirants must not carry any electronic gadget inside the exam hall. For the situation test though, candidates may carry some assisting material after consulting with the invigilator. Design aspirants have to make a fine model in the situation test, which is conducted later.
NIFT Entrance Exam Admit Card – FAQs
Q. Can I request for the NIFT admit card to be sent through post?
No, admit cards will not be sent through post to the candidates. Aspirants must themselves download it online from the official website of NIFT. They may click on the link mentioning ‘NIFT Admit Card 2022’, fill in the relevant details and take printouts of the admit card.
Q. Do I need to carry an admit card for both GAT and CAT tests?
For the candidates who are appearing for the Bachelors of Design (B.Des) and Master of Design (M.Des) courses, it is mandatory to carry admit cards for both the tests. Candidates appearing for the Bachelors of Fashion Technology exam only have to appear for the GAT test.
Q. What details are required to download the admit card for NIFT entrance exam?
Eligible candidates must enter a 6 digit application number allotted to them along with filling their date of birth for successfully generating the admit card from the official website of NIFT.
Q. When will the admit cards be released for the NIFT entrance examination 2022?
The admit cards for the NIFT entrance examination 2022 are expected to be released in the second week of January 2022, a week or so prior to the date of the exam. Candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest information available on the official website of NIFT. Official schedule for the NIFT entrance 2022 will soon be announced by the governing body of the exam.