New Delhi, 6 February 2023, NEET UG 2023 – The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national-level entrance exam which is conducted for candidates seeking admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH), and other nursing courses that are offered by various medical institutes in India.
The National Test Agency (NTA) is expected to release the online application form for NEET UG 2023 in the first week of February. As per the official notification released by NTA, the NEET UG exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode and in 13 languages namely, English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
NTA will tentatively release the application dates, fees, exam pattern, syllabus, exam centres, and other important details in the first week of February on its official website – neet.nta.nic.in. The candidates must note that to appear for the entrance exam, they must meet the NEET eligibility criteria.
As per the NEET 2023 exam pattern, the questions in the medical entrance examination will be divided into two sections: Section A and B. Section A will contain 35 questions while Section B will have 15 questions. Out of these 15 questions in Section B, candidates will have to answer a total of 10 questions. NTA has made this change in exam pattern in order to rationalize the decision of different boards across the country regarding the reduction of the syllabus.
Important Information –
- Earlier, the upper age limit for the NEET exam was 25 years for the general category and 30 years for reserved category candidates. However, this year, the age restriction for NEET UG 2023 exams has been removed. Now, irrespective of the D.O.B. in the academic year 2021-22, candidates are eligible to fill out the application form during the Class 12 and can appear for NEET UG 2023 exam.
- The duration of the NEET examination will now be of 200 minutes (03 hours 20 minutes) and will be conducted from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST). Adding 20 minutes will allow students to read all the questions more carefully.
- As per the recent notification, the candidates have to secure 70% marks in Class 12 to get admission to the top medical institutions.
- Candidates must provide their parent’s email IDs and mobile numbers while filling out the online application form.
Candidates must go through the complete article to have a thorough knowledge of the NEET UG 2023 exam, including the application process, eligibility criteria, exam scheme, exam dates, and other important details.
NEET UG Exam Dates 2023
- As per the recent notification, the NEET UG 2023 exam will be conducted on 7 May 2023. However, the date of the application form is yet to be announced.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The exam will be conducted in the evening shift from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST).
The NEET exam timetable will help the candidates to keep track of the exam events along with the schedule. Thus, to get insights into the release date of the registration form, form correction window, admit card, result date and other crucial events, please refer to the below-mentioned table.
NEET UG Exam Dates 2023
|NEET UG Official Notification Release||January 2023|
|NEET UG Online Application Opens||1st Week of February 2023|
|NEET UG Application Last Date||February 2023|
|NEET UG Admit Card||Fourth Week of March 2023|
|NEET UG Exam Date||7 May 2023|
|NEET UG Answer Key||Second Week of May 2023|
|NEET UG Result Date||1st Week of June 2023|
|NEET UG Counselling Date||2nd Week of June 2023|
NEET UG Application 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET UG 2023 application form in the 1sts week of February. Those who are aspiring to get admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS), Bachelor in Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS), Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and other undergraduate medical courses in recognized medical colleges in India can visit the official website – neet.nta.nic.in to access the ‘NEET UG 2023 – ‘New Registration and Registration Form Correction’ option.
It is advised to the NEET UG 2023 aspirants to go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by NTA as students who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria will not be considered for admission to any institutions.
- As per the guidelines, candidates must fill out only one application form. The registration will be cancelled if more than one application form is submitted by a student.
- The incomplete applications which are not in accordance with the given guidelines will be considered rejected and such candidates will be prosecuted under criminal offence.
- The examination fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- To fill out the application form, candidates are required to enter their name, contact number, category, scanned copies of documents, and application fee.
- Candidates must ensure that mobile numbers and e-mail IDs filled in the online application form are either their own or of their parents/guardian as NTA will communicate through SMS or e-mail on the given mobile number and e-mail Id.
- The application form other than the online mode will not be accepted by NTA.
- Candidates from the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Ladakh are required to submit an online *self-declaration for seats under 15% of all India quota.
- After completing the registration, candidates can download their admit card for NEET UG 2023 in the fourth week of March.
*Self-declaration – The self-declaration for NEET 2023 application form denotes that the candidate who wishes to participate in the counselling for 15% All India Quota seats will be eligible for the seats of deemed Universities, Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical Colleges (ESIC), and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) colleges.
NEET UG Application Fee
- Candidates are not allowed to pay the application fee through offline mode.
- The fee can be submitted only online through debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI (State Bank of India/ Canara Bank/ HDFC Bank/ ICICI Bank) or Paytm service.
Note – The fee, once paid, will neither be refunded nor will be taken forward to another session of NEET UG 2023.
The application fee structure for the NEET UG 2023 exam is given below.
|General||For Both Male and Female Candidates – INR 1600|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||For Both Male and Female Candidates – INR 1500|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||For Both Male and Female Candidates – INR 900|
|Candidates Applying From Outside India||For Both Male and Female Candidates – INR 8500|
Steps to be Followed to Apply for NEET UG 2023
To fill out the application form, candidates can visit the official website – neet.nta.nic.in and follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1) Registration
- To fill out the application form, candidates are required to click on the ‘fill application form’ tab.
- On the registration page, navigate to the ‘new registration’ which will lead to the instructions page.
- After reading the instructions carefully, click on the ‘declaration’ option.
Candidates will be redirected to the registration page, candidates are required to add the following details carefully:
- Name of the Student
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address 1
- Permanent Address 2
- Identification Type
- Change Password
- Security Pin
After filling in all the details as mentioned above, click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Candidates must enter a security question, and choose the answer. It is advised to keep the security question and answer safe as this may be required to retrieve the password in case a candidate forgets it.
- It is advised to verify all the details by clicking on each section.
- The provisional application number will be displayed only after the successful registration. The number must be noted down as it will be required in the section of ‘login Id’ for all future logins.
Step 2) Page 1 of Application Procedure – After the registration process, candidates will be redirected to the sign-in page where they are required to enter the application number, password, and security pin.
After clicking on the ‘sign-in’ tab, candidates will be redirected to the registration page. On the NEET UG 2023 registration page, fill out the below-mentioned details.
- Personal Details – In this section, candidates are required to enter their name, date of birth, address, nationality, parent’s details, family’s annual income, mode of preparation, and medium of schooling in the qualifying examination.
- Present Address – Candidates will mention their current address, locality, country and pin code in the given section.
- Choose Password – In this section, candidates will create a password, choose one security question, and answer of that security question.
- Security Pin – The final step is to add the security pin that would be mentioned below.
- After successfully completing the registration process and rechecking the filled details, click on the ‘submit’ tab to end the registration process.
- The displayed provisional application number must be noted down as it is the NEET 2023 login Id for all future logins.
Step 3) Page 2 of Application Procedure – After clicking on the ‘submit’ tab, candidates will be redirected to the second page of the registration form. On the NEET UG 2023 application page, fill out the below-mentioned details:
- Exam and Centre Details – This section will include, mode of exam, medium of question paper, and exam centre.
- Candidates can choose their language from 13 options namely, English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Odia, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi and Urdu.
- Academic Details of Class 10, 11 and 12 – In this section, candidates will mention the details related to school name, school board, school address, medium of school, Class 10 and Class 12 marks, passing year, roll number, and school’s pin code.
- Parent’s Details – This whole section is mandatory to be filled by the students as it includes, the qualifications and occupations of both parents.
- It is advised to check all the mentioned details carefully as candidates cannot change their preferences after the final submission of the NEET application form.
- To submit the application form, click on the “Yes, please do” tab on the confirmation pop-up.
Step 4) Uploading Documents – To upload the scanned signature, recently clicked passport-sized photograph, and other documents, please adhere to the below-mentioned specifications.
Specifications of the Scanned Documents
|Passport-Size Photograph||Latest photograph with white background||Size – 10 Kb to 200 Kb
Format – JPG
|Left and Right-Hand Finger and Thumb Prints||Blue ink on white paper||Size – 10 kb to 200 kb
Format – JPG
|Signature||Signature must be in small letters||Size – 4 Kb to 30 Kb
Format – JPG
|Postcard-Size Photograph||Must be clicked on or after September 1, 2022||Size – 10 kb to 200 kb
Format – JPG
|Class 10 Passing Certificate||–||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb
Format – JPG
|Citizenship Certificate||Embassy certificate or any document of citizenship||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb
Format – JPG
|Category Certificate||SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ PwD certificate||Size – 50 kb to 300 kb
Format – JPG
- Signature of the applicant should be clearly visible and must be done with a black ink pen on white paper.
Step 5) Payment of the Application – After the uploading of documents as per the given specifications, the option to pay the application fee will appear on the screen.
- NEET registration fee varies for general, OBC/ ST/ SC/ EWS categories.
- To pay the registration fees, submit the details of the credit card/ debit card/ UPI or net banking.
Step 6) Download the Confirmation Page – After the payment of the NEET UG 2023 application fees, kindly download the confirmation page for future reference.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria 2023
To apply for the exam, it is mandatory to meet all the requirements for the approval of the application form. In case a candidate fails to meet any of the criteria, the application will be considered invalid.
Kindly go through the below-mentioned eligibility criteria before applying for the NEET UG 2023 exam.
- Nationality – It is not mandatory for the candidates to be citizens of India. Non-resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), and foreign nationals are also eligible to appear for NEET 2023 exam.
- Age Limit – Earlier, the upper age limit for the NEET exam was 25 years for the general category and 30 years for reserved category candidates. However, this year, candidates above the age of 17 years can apply for the NEET examination.
- Total Number of Attempts – There are no restrictions on the number of attempts.
- Qualifying Exams – Candidates must have qualified for the below-mentioned list of exam modes for consideration for the NEET UG 2023 entrance test.
- The final exams of Class 12 must be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, (CISCE).
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
- Diploma holders must submit their certificates recognised by the AICTE or a State board of technical education for at least a duration of three years.
- Total Marks – As per the recent guidelines by NTA, general category candidates must score 50% marks in Class 12 exams. However, the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and Persons with Disability (PwD) must secure 40% marks in Class 12 to be eligible for the entrance exam.
- Qualifying Subjects – It is mandatory to qualify Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects in Class 12.
- Codes of Eligibility – Candidates have to select the qualification codes for the qualifying examination.
|Code 1||Candidates who are still waiting for their board’s results will have to choose code 1 in the application form.|
|Code 2||Candidates who have qualified for Class 12 in the year 2020 and have not pursued any other course after the completion of Class 12 will have to choose code 2 in the application form.|
|Code 3||Candidates who have passed Class 12 from the state board are required to choose code 3 in the application form.|
|Code 4||Candidates who have pursued any pre-professional or pre-medical exam after Class 12 are required to choose code 4 in their application form.|
|Code 5||Candidates who are pursuing graduation and have qualified for their 1st year have to choose code 5.|
|Code 6||Candidates who have qualified for the BSc exam must choose code 6 during the application process.|
|Code 7||Candidates who have completed Class 12 from a foreign country are required to fill in code 7 in the application form.|
NEET UG Exam Syllabus 2023
The NEET UG 2023 syllabus will be the same as last year and NTA will not bring forth any changes to it. The complete syllabus will be released by NTA along with the notification and information bulletin tentatively in the fourth week of January 2023.
The syllabus of the NEET UG 2023 exam for Biology holds the maximum weightage and is further divided into Botany and Zoology which is carrying 50% weightage in the exam. It is advised that candidates preparing for NEET UG 2023 should have a thorough knowledge of the 10 units that make up the NEET 2023 Syllabus for Biology.
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recommends the following syllabus for NEET for admission to MBBS courses across the country. The syllabus of the entrance exam will be similar to Class 12 which includes topics from Biology, Physics and Chemistry. Thus, to check the detailed subject-wise syllabus of the NEET UG 2023 exam, please refer to the below-mentioned table.
NEET UG Syllabus
Note – To read the detailed syllabus released by NTA, Please click here.
NEET UG Exam Pattern 2023
- The question paper of the NEET UG 2023 will consist of three subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- There will be separate sections for each subject.
- The NEET UG exam will include 200 questions out of which candidates have to attempt a total of 180 questions.
- Section 1 of Physics will consist of 45 questions for a total of 180 marks.
- Section 2 of Chemistry will consist of 45 questions for a total of 180 marks.
- Section 3 of Biology will consist of 100 questions for a total of 360 marks.
The detailed exam pattern of the NEET UG 2023 entrance test is provided below.
NEET UG Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
- The duration of NEET UG2023 exam will be a total of three hours and twenty minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in 13 different languages including, English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
- The question paper will consist of numerical and multiple-choice questions.
- Four marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
NEET UG Section-Wise Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics Section A||35||140|
|Physics Section B||15||14|
|Chemistry Section A||35||140|
|Chemistry Section B||15||14|
|Biology Section A||35||140|
|Biology Section B||15||14|
- Candidates opting for English language would be provided with the test booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for the Hindi language would be provided with a bilingual test booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for regional languages would also be provided with a bilingual test booklet in selected Regional languages and English.
Option for regional languages would be available as per the below-mentioned information.
|Medium of Question Paper||Examination Centres|
|English||All Examination Centres|
|English and Hindi||All Examination Centres|
|English and Assamese||Examination Centres of Assam|
|English and Bengali||Examination Centres of West Bengal, Tripura,
and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
|English and Gujarati||Examination Centres of Gujarat, Daman &
Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|English and Kannada||Examination Centres of Karnataka|
|English and Malayalam||Examination Centres of Kerala and
|English and Marathi||Examination Centres of Maharashtra|
|English and Odia||Examination Centres of Odisha|
|English and Punjabi||Examination Centres of Punjab, Chandigarh,
|English and Tamil||Examination Centres of Tamil Nadu,
Puducherry, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
|English and Telugu||Examination Centres of Andhra Pradesh and
|English and Urdu||All Examination Centres|
- The option of language for question paper should be applied while filling up the NEET UG 2023 application form online.
- For the checking of the answers in all the question papers, the English version will be taken as the final.
NEET UG Admit Card 2023
NTA will release the NEET UG 2023 admit card in the fourth week of March. Once the admit card is issued, candidates can access the hall ticket on the official website by using login credentials, such as the application number and password. Further, it is advised to the candidates to verify the details mentioned on the admit card with the details filled in by them in the application form. In case any mismatch of information is found, kindly contact the NTA for reporting and rectifying the error.
It is mandatory for the candidates to appear for the examination at the given centre on the date and timing as indicated on their admit cards.
Candidates will find the below-mentioned details on their admit card:
- Roll number
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Signature of the Candidate
- Test City
- Centre Code
- Name of the Exam Centre
- Address of the Exam Centre
- Exam Date
- Reporting Time
- Candidates are not allowed to sit for the entrance exam without a valid admit card.
- Admit cards will not be sent by post.
- The duplicate admit card for NEET UG 2023 exam will not be issued.
- Kindly preserve the respective admit cards for future reference.
- Candidates will not be issued any admit card if the application is found to be incomplete due to any reason.
Steps to Download the NEET UG 2023 Admit Card
Step 1) Visit the official website of NTA – neet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2) Navigate to the link of ‘Download Admit Card for NEET (UG)-2023’.
Step 3) Enter the application number, date of birth, and security pin as mentioned in the below section.
Step 4) After entering the above details, the NEET UG 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5) Download and take a printout for future reference.
Note – To check the other important details regarding the NEET UG 2023 admit card, please click here.
NEET UG Important Instructions 2023
The candidates will be subjected to extensive checking before entering the examination centre with the help of highly sensitive metal detectors. Hence, they are not allowed to carry the following items inside the examination centre under any circumstances.
- Any printed or written items, bits of paper, geometry, pencil box, pen, scale, writing pad, pen drives, eraser, calculator, and electronic pen.
- Any communication device like mobile phone, bluetooth, earphones, microphone, and health band.
- Any food items opened or packed, water bottles, etc.
- Any other item which could be used for unfair means for hiding communication devices like
- microchips, cameras and bluetooth devices.
The candidates are required to follow the following dress code while appearing for NEET UG 2023.
- Light clothes with long sleeves are not permitted.
- In case, any candidate comes in culturally customary dress at the examination centre, they should report at least an hour before the last reporting time.
- Slippers and sandals with low heels are permitted.
- Shoes are not allowed.
Instructions to be followed in Examination Hall
- The examination centre will be opened two hours prior to the commencement of the test.
- Candidates must bring the following documents on the day of the examination.
- Admit Card
- Test Booklet
- Passport-size photograph
- One postcard-size coloured photograph with white background.
- ID proof (like PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card / Ration Card/ Class 12 admit card.
- Persons with Disabilities (PwBD) certificate issued by the competent authority, if claiming the relaxation under the PwBD category.
NEET UG Preparation Tips 2023
Candidates aiming to crack NEET UG 2023 with a good score must take the preparation diligently. Thus, to prepare for the syllabus of NEET, candidates should follow the steps given below:
Tip 1) Go Through the Syllabus
- Candidates need to know the NEET UG 2023 syllabus well as it forms the base of the study schedule.
- Dividing the time to be spent on each section can be done only when a candidate knows the syllabus thoroughly.
- By hovering over the syllabus, candidates can get important information related to the important chapters and topics to focus on, key objectives of the entire course and reference materials
Tip 2) Prepare through Previous Years’ Exam Papers
- Try to practice by attempting the mock test and previous year’s questions papers as it will help in increasing the speed through which candidates can evaluate their time spent on each section.
- Previous year papers suggest the difficulty level of the entrance exam.
Tip 3) Refer to Good Books
Candidates can find the best books referred by experts from the information below:
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Objective Physics By DC Pandey
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- GR Bathla publications for Biology
- Publication Biology by Pradeep
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET by M.P Tyagi
Tip 4) Last-Minute Revision
- After completing each chapter from the NEET UG 2023 syllabus, candidates can prepare notes on the key points along with charts, tables or diagrams to make it easily comprehensible.
- Candidates are advised to prepare handwritten notes for each chapter and highlight the important points using colourful highlighters to make last-minute revision less tedious task.
NEET UG Cutoff 2023
- The minimum marks that candidates require to qualify for the medical entrance test are referred to as the NEET cut-off score.
- Whereas the NEET admission cut-off is the last rank at which admission will be granted to an applicant.
- All medical colleges accepting NEET scores will grant admission on the basis of the NEET 2023 admission cutoff.
- The state-wise NEET UG 2023 cut-off for government and private colleges will be released by the state competent authority.
Candidates can check the category-wise cut-off list for the academic years 2021 and 2022 from the information below.
NEET UG Cut-off of 2021
|Category||Cut-Off Score||Cut-Off Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||93-116||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||106-116||40th Percentile|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||109-120||30th Percentile|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||93-104||40th Percentile|
NEET UG Cut-off of 2022
|Category||Cut-Off Score||Cut-Off Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||113-146||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||119-140||45th Percentile|
|Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||129-146||40th Percentile|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||113-128||40th Percentile|
NEET UG Answer Key 2023
NTA will release the NEET UG 2023 answer key soon after the completion of the entrance exam. Once the answer key is released, candidates can visit the NEET official website to check their responses. If candidates are not satisfied with the answers key, they can raise the objection online by paying a significant amount.
Steps to Challenge the Answer Key
Candidates need to log in to the official website and pay a processing fee of INR 200 per question using credit/debit card/ net banking/ UPI/ Paytm service.
Step 1) Log in with the application number and system-generated password.
Step 2) Navigate to the Login Screen and click on the ‘Challenge Answer Key’.
Step 3) Select the question number, recorded answer, and claimed answer from the drop-down list.
Step 4) Enter the book number, question number, answer, and claimed answer.
Step 5) Finally, make the payment by debit card/ credit card/ net banking/ Paytm services.
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to make an online challenge against the provisional Answer Key by paying a non-refundable processing fee of INR 200 per answer challenged.
- Challenges made by the candidates will be verified by the NTA with the help of a panel of subject experts.
- In case, if the challenged question is found correct, the answer key will be revised accordingly.
- No individual candidate will be informed about the acceptance or non-acceptance of the challenge
NEET UG Result 2023
NTA will release the result of the NEET UG 2023 exams in the first week of June. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will evaluate the Answer Sheets using their standard procedure and the result will be displayed on the website – neet.nta.nic.in and thereafter candidates may download their respective Score Cards.
To check the result, candidates will need to log in to the website using their application number and password. The results contain personal details of the candidates, NEET UG 2023 qualifying marks, total marks, All India Rank (AIR), category rank, 15% All India Quota (AIQ) rank, and other details of the candidates. NTA will release the qualifying NEET cutoff scores for General/ SC/ ST/ OBC candidates in the NEET scorecard.
Through NEET-UG 2023 results, a total of 91,415 candidates can take admission to MBBS, 27,948 BDS, 52,720 AYUSH, 487 BSc nursing, and 603 BVSc courses.
Step to Check the NEET UG 2023 Result
Candidates can follow the step-by-step procedure to check their NEET UG 2023 result:
- Visit the official website of NEET UG 2023 – neet.nta.nic.in.
- Navigate to the ‘NEET UG 2023 Result’ link under the news and events section.
- Enter the application number, password and date of birth.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
NEET UG Percentile Calculation 2023
NEET UG 2023 percentile will be calculated by checking the total number of candidates who have scored more or less than other aspirants. Thus, the NEET UG 2023 percentile score is calculated on the basis of a specific formula.
Total NEET Marks = 180 MCQs x 4 = 720 Marks
NEET Score = (Total Number of correct answers x4) – (Total number of incorrect answers x 1)
NEET UG Merit List 2023
- The merit list for NEET UG 2023 counselling will be prepared on the basis of the NEET result.
- The final merit list of NEET UG 2023 will be arranged category-wise on the basis of the category given at the time of applying for counselling.
- The merit list will include details like the merit rank, marks, roll number, and percentile.
- The counselling authorities will then publish merit lists mentioning NEET state rank 2023 as per their guidelines.
- The respective state counselling authorities will finally then prepare the merit lists for candidates who are native to the state and then publish them on the official websites of NTA and NEET.
Tie Breaking Policy
In case, if two or more candidates obtain equal marks or percentile in the NEET UG 2023, the merit list will then be determined by the following parameters.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks or percentile in Biology subject.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks or percentile in Chemistry subject.
- Candidate obtaining higher marks or percentile in Physics subject.
- Candidates with less proportion of several attempted incorrect answers and correct answers in Biology subject.
- Candidates with less proportion of several attempted incorrect answers and correct answers in Chemistry subject.
- Candidates with less proportion of several attempted incorrect answers and correct answers in Physics subject.
- Candidate’s age factor will be considered in the tie-breaking policy of the NEET UG 2023 exam, However, it will be in consideration from the 2nd round of NEET counselling.
Note – To read the information bulletin of the NEET UG exam, please click here.
Frequently Asked Question – NEET UG 2023
Q1) When will NTA release NEET UG 2023 Result?
The NTA will announce NEET UG 2023 results tentatively in the first week of June.
Q2) How to check NEET UG result 2023?
Candidates can check the NEET UG 2023 result by visiting the official website – neet.nta.nic.in and logging in with the application number and date of birth.
Q3) When will NTA be conducting the NEET UG 2023 exam?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET UG 2023 exam on 7 May.
Q4) When will the NEET UG 2023 application process begin?
The NEET 2023 application process is expected to begin in the first week of February. The application process will be conducted online. Thus, it is advised to the NEET UG 2023 aspirants to keep an eye on the official websites of NTA and NEET.
Q5) How will be the NEET UG 2023 marks counted?
The question paper of the NEET UG 2023 exam will include a total of 720 maximum marks – 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.