17 November, 2022, New Delhi, NEET MDS 2023 – The National Board of Education (NBE) has postponed the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test – Master of Dental Surgery (NEET-MDS) exam to 01 March, 2023. The previous date for the exam was January 08, 2023.
The eligible candidates can get admission into MDS/PG diploma (Dental) courses on qualifying the examination. The total number of seats for the course is 6501.
Note: National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test – Master of Dental Surgery (NEET-MDS) exam is a postgraduate entrance exam for those who aspire to pursue Master of Dental Surgery.
Table of Contents
NEET MDS 2023 – Important Dates
The important dates of the NEET MDS examination as per the notification are as follows:
|Release of Notification||Second Week of October, 2022|
|Beginning of Application||Third Week of October, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||Last Week of November, 2022|
|Correction Window||First Week of December, 2022|
|Final Correction Window||Third Week of December, 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||Last Week to December, 2022|
|Exam Date||01 March, 2023|
NEET MDS 2023 – Important Details
The interested candidates must apply for the NEET MDS exam before the last date of application.
Candidates are advised to go through the exam details given below, thoroughly before applying for the exam.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Entrance Test for Masters of Dental Surgery (NEET MDS)|
|Conducting Body||NBE (National Board of Examinations)|
|Level of Exam||Postgraduate exam at National-level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based test)|
|Courses Offered||MDS/PG diploma (Dental)|
|Total No. of Seats||6501|
NEET MDS 2023 – Eligibility Criteria and Exam Pattern
- Candidates must be of 20 years of age or more.
- Candidates must have completed the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from a university/institute recognised by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC), either on a permanent or provisional basis.
- Candidates must have successfully completed 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship as on or before July 31, 2023.
- According to the set pattern by National Board of Education (NBE), the NEET MDS exam is conducted online and in English language.
- Candidates will be given three hours to attempt the paper.
- The question paper will consist of 240 objective questions.
- The paper will carry 960 marks in total.
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with one mark, while 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
NEET MDS 2023 – Syllabus
The list of subjects that are included in the NEET MDS exam syllabus are as follows.
- General Anatomy
- Embryology and Histology
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General,Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Dental Materials
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
NEET MDS 2023 – How to Apply
In order to successfully apply for the NEET MDS exam, it is very important to follow the step-by-step process given below:
- Visit the official website of NBE – nbe.edu.in
- Click on the “NEET MDS” tab.
- Click on the application tab and you’ll be redirected to the registration page.
- Register yourself on the website and fill up the application form.
- Upload all the required documents and submit the form.
- Pay the application fees.
- Save and download the application form and payment receipt for future reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the minimum age limit to apply for NEET MDS 2023 exam?
Ans. The minimum age limit to apply for the NEET MDS exam is 20 years.
2. Is there any negative marking rule in NEET MDS exam?
Ans. Yes, for each incorrect response, 0.25 marks will be deducted in NEET MDS exam.
3. What is the total number of seats against which the NEET MDS is conducted?
Ans. The NEET MDS exam is conducted for a total of 6,501 seats.