The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has given a positive nod to the decision of conducting NEET 2021 twice during the year. The talks of conducting the NEET exam twice a year (from year 2021 onwards) were being pursued ever since the number of exam sessions increased to 4 times a year for JEE Main exam 2021. This led to the students anticipating and even demanding a similar increase in the number of NEET attempts.
As a result, a special meeting was conducted between the National Testing Agency (NTA) and Health Ministry officials to discuss varying issues related to the NEET exam like organising the online and offline modes of examination, and conducting multiple sessions of the exam in a year.
However, students must note that the entrance examination schedules for medical, and dental institutions are still to be released.
Table of Contents
How conducting NEET twice in a year will benefit the students?
The decision to conduct NEET twice in a year from 2021 onwards is being taken after several requests from the aspirants. These requests were addressed to the Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal through his twitter handle. Confirming the student demands, a senior official in the Health Ministry stated – “While we felt that a large number of NEET aspirants still may not be ready for appearing in the examination in online mode, there is now a consensus on conducting the test twice this year.”
With the consensus on holding NEET twice in a year, the students will benefit in the following ways –
- If a candidate appears for NEET twice within the same year, he/she will be ranked on the basis of the best of the two scores. This will be done on the lines of the format adopted for JEE Main exam since last year.
- This will in turn help the candidates by giving them a second chance to better their NEET scores in the same academic year.
NEET 2021 – Developments Till-Date
- The Education Minister had recently talked about his consistent efforts towards finalising the twice-a-year format for NEET. “The senior officials of the education and health ministries, NTA and I have recently interacted to discuss if the NEET-UG examination can be conducted twice a year from 2021 or not. The discussions are actively on and we hope that we can deliver the final decision soon,” he said. The Minister had additionally shared that the final positive nod has to come from the Health Ministry.
- Further, Pokhriyal has assured the candidates that they would soon be made aware of the details related to their queries on NEET exam date 2021 and exam pattern.
- As per an earlier official statement, the Education Ministry stated that the NEET syllabus 2021 will remain unchanged for this academic year.
|1.||Explore Scholarships for Class 12 Passed Students|
|2.||Check Out Scholarships for Class 10 passed Students|
|3.||Know About Scholarships for Engineering Students|
|4.||Explore Scholarships for Graduation Students|
|5.||Know About Scholarships for Postgraduation Students|
|6.||Check Out Live Scholarships|