NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – Dates, Previous Year Cutoffs

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020 for state quota seats will be published by the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla in the last week of October 2020. It is crucial for the candidates to know the following peculiarities related to NEET 2020 Himachal Pradesh cut off:

1. Only the domiciles of Himachal Pradesh will be considered eligible to apply for the 85% State Quota seats. The remaining 15% seats in the state will be allotted to the candidates under the All India Quota (AIQ). 

2. Candidates appearing for the NEET 2020 must secure a qualifying merit score, State rank and AIR rank to be granted an admission in the top medical and dental institutions in Himachal Pradesh under the State Quota.

3. Qualifying NEET 2020 candidates from all around the country will be eligible to apply for admissions under the All India Quota, provided that they secure an eligible AIR rank and merit score in NEET 2020. 

4. The NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020 for AIQ will be released by the Directorate General of Health Services on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).  

5. The State Quota cut offs and All India Quota cutoffs will be released separately. 

6. The cutoffs will be released for various categories like Unreserved, OBC, SC, ST and Unreserved (PwD).

Important UpdateOn 3rd July 2020, MHRD Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal announced that the NEET 2020 will be conducted on 13th September 2020, the exam was previously scheduled to be held on 26th July 2020.

Get latest exam updates

NEET Cut Off 2020 – Important Dates

Events Dates
Online application started from 2nd December 2019
Online application form submission deadline 6th January 2020 
Last date for fee submission 7th January 2020
Timeline for making appropriate changes in NEET Application form 4th July-15th July 2020
NEET Exam Date  13th September 2020
Declaration of NEET Result Yet to be Announced
Release of NEET Cutoffs 2020 (All India Quota)  Yet to be Announced
Release of NEET Cutoffs 2020 ( State Counselling Himachal Pradesh) Yet to be Announced
Registration for Counselling Commences Yet to be Announced
Last date for locking of choices  Yet to be Announced
NEET Counselling process starts  Yet to be Announced

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – Factors Determining the Cutoff

There are 5 factors which will determine the NEET cutoff for Himachal Pradesh 2020. These are:

  • Number of candidates appearing for the NEET 2020.
  • Number of candidates seeking admissions in medical and dental colleges of Himachal Pradesh. (under State Quota and AIQ).
  • Number of seats available in various medical and dental colleges in Haryana. 
  • Difficulty level of the exam.
  • Marks obtained in NEET 2020.

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – State Quota

Qualifying NEET candidates who secure at least minimum qualifying marks and NEET rank mentioned in the NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020, will be considered eligible for admissions under the State Quota. Only the ‘domiciles’ of Himachal Pradesh can apply under the State Quota. 85% of total seats in government colleges of Himachal Pradesh will be allotted under the State Quota and selection will be based on the AIR rank, State rank and merit of the candidates applying for the admissions. For the year 2020, candidates will compete for as many as 630 seats under the State Quota in top medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh. 

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – All India Quota (AIQ)

Qualifying NEET 2020 candidates can apply under the All India Quota for the 15% seats in top medical and dental colleges of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates must secure an eligible merit score and All India Rank in NEET 2020 (as per the AIQ cutoffs) to be granted the admission. There are as many as 112 seats available in top medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh under the AIQ of NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020.

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – Seat Intake 2020

MBBS Seats in Government/Private Colleges

College No. of Seats AIQ Seats Available  State Quota Seats Available
Indira Gandhi Medical College 100 15 85
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Govt. Medical college 100 15 85
Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College 65 10 55
Dr. RKG Medical College 100 15 85
Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Medical college 100 15 85
Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar Govt. Medical college 100 15 85
Maharishi Markandeshwar Private Medical college 177 27 150

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – Seat Reservation (2020)

Below given is the seat reservation table for various categories applying for the admissions in top medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh.

Category Reserved Seats
Scheduled Caste 13%
Other Backward Class  4%
Scheduled Tribe 7%
Backward Area 3%
Physically Handicapped 3%
Single Girl Child 1%
Children of Ex-Servicemen 1%
Children of Defense Personnel 1%
Ward of Freedom Fighter 1%
Children of J&K Migrants 1%
ESI Quota (only applicable for LBS Government Medical College) 35%

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – 2019 (All India Quota seats)

Medical College General (NEET Rank) General

(NEET Marks)

General- PwD (NEET Rank) General- PwD

(NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST

(NEET Rank)

ST (NEET Marks)
Pt. JawaharLal Nehru Govt. Medical College, Chamba  7733 600 54584 491 76853 459
Indira Gandhi Medical College 2672 630 25586 546 36585 523
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College 5835 610 38626 519 53883 492
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College 6535 606 164962 367 45001 507 72105 465
Dr. YS Parmar Govt. Medical College, Nahan 7112 603 144704 385 50868 497 69187 469

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh BDS – 2019 (All India Quota seats)

Dental College General (NEET Rank) General

(NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST

(NEET Rank)

ST

(NEET Marks)

HP Government Dental College & Hospital, Shimla  17337 566 84419 449 99513 431

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – 2018 (All India Quota seats)

Medical College Unreserved (NEET Rank) Unreserved

(NEET Marks)

OBC (NEET Rank) OBC

 (NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST (NEET Rank) ST (NEET Marks)
Pt. JawaharLal Nehru Govt. Medical College, Chamba  7615 550 52171 437 66331 415
Indira Gandhi Medical College 2842 583 9777 539 53544 434
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College 5129 564 36389 466 49786 441
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College 6582 555 43109 453 65473 416
Dr. YS Parmar Govt. Medical College, Nahan 6569 555 45176 449 68122 412

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh BDS – 2018 (All India Quota seats)

Dental College Unreserved (NEET Rank) Unreserved

(NEET Marks)

OBC

(NEET Rank)

OBC

(NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST

(NEET Rank)

ST

(NEET Marks)

HP Government Dental College & Hospital, Shimla  14332 521 69744 410

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – 2017 (State Quota)

Medical College Unreserved (NEET Rank) Unreserved

(NEET Marks)

OBC (NEET Rank) OBC

 (NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST

(NEET Rank)

ST

(NEET Marks)

Pt. JawaharLal Nehru Govt. Medical College, Chamba  33033 483 37870 472 71487 412 83175 395
Indira Gandhi Medical College 12066 545 36850 474 48332 450
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College 17421 526 47839 451 59589 430
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College 23462 508 54250 439 81368 397
Dr. YS Parmar Govt. Medical College, Nahan 29574 491 30467 489 63392 424 74532 407

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – 2017 (All India Quota)

Medical College Unreserved (NEET Rank) Unreserved

(NEET Marks)

OBC (NEET Rank) OBC

 (NEET Marks)

SC

(NEET Rank)

SC

(NEET Marks)

ST

(NEET Rank)

ST

 (NEET Marks)

Pt. JawaharLal Nehru Govt. Medical College, Chamba  6385 573 40586 466 58752 432
Indira Gandhi Medical College 2994 599 31898 486 35556 477
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Medical College 5360 580 39592 468 35569 477
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College 6372 573 38814 470 57061 435
Dr. YS Parmar Govt. Medical College, Nahan 5770 577 38799 470 63667 424

Scholarship Registration, Get Scholarship Update

NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS – FAQ’s

✔️ How many medical seats are available in Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla under the NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020 ?

There are 100 medical seats available in the Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla under the NEET Cutoff for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2020. 85% seats are available under the State Quota and the remaining 15% seats are available under the AIQ (All India Quota).

✔️ I belong to the unreserved category. How much should I score in NEET 2020 to get admission in Indira Gandhi Medical College under the AIQ Quota?

To get an admission in Indira Gandhi Medical College under the AIQ, candidates belonging to the unreserved category must secure between 550 - 600 marks in NEET 2020.

✔️ How much reservation will be granted to the Scheduled Caste in government medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh?

A reservation of 13% seats will be granted to the scheduled caste category in government medical colleges of Himachal Pradesh.

✔️ How many total medical and dental seats are available in Himachal Pradesh through NEET 2020?

There are a total number of 870 medical and 191 dental seats available in Himachal Pradesh through NEET 2020.

✔️ Do I need a ‘Domicile Certificate’ to apply for admissions under State Quota?

Yes, a Domicile Certificate is the primary eligibility which is required to apply for admissions under the State Quota. Candidates without a Domicile Certificate of Himachal Pradesh cannot apply for the admissions in top medical and dental colleges of Himachal Pradesh under the State Quota.

follow us for social updates