New Delhi, 7 July 2022: On 5 July 2022, the Department of Jammu and Kashmir Tribal Affairs launched its maiden initiative to provide free coaching to meritorious tribal students who are in the process of preparing for NEET and JEE entrance exams 2022.
The course fee will be sponsored by the department and the candidates qualifying for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) after coaching will be provided with a scholarship.
Note: A total of 100 tribal students are being selected for NEET and JEE coaching in government-impaneled coaching institutes.
Table of Contents
- NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching: Overview
- NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching Scheme – Details
- NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching – Aims and Eligibility
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching: Overview
|Launch body||Department of Jammu and Kashmir Tribal Affairs|
|Exams in focus||NEET and JEE|
|Number of candidates||100|
|Categories||Top-50 and Host-50|
|Scholarship amount||Rs. 4,00,000|
|Family income bar||Nil|
|Percent criteria||Minimum 80% in Class 12|
NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching Scheme – Details
- The two sub-schemes are as follows:
- ‘Host-50’ for hostellers
- ‘Top-50’ for other tribal meritorious students in the first year under the scheme, which is being implemented through the education wing of the Tribal Research Institute.
- The coaching fee for NEET and JEE at select institutions would be sponsored by the department after verification of attendance and evaluation.
- The candidates selected for courses like MBBS, BVSc & AH, BDS, BAMS, BE, BTech, and other professional courses, shall be provided with an annual scholarship of INR 70,000-75,000 totaling around INR 4 lakh.
NEET/JEE 2022 Free Coaching – Aims and Eligibility
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration gives top priority to the education of tribal students and has launched this initiative to provide and support their quality education.
- The tribal affairs department has now launched the NEET/JEE coaching scheme with immediate effect.
- A total of 50 students with the highest marks, above 80 percent in the Class 12 board exam, will be selected for coaching.
- Under the ‘Host-50’ sub-scheme, students enrolled in hostels will be selected through a screening test
- The department has notified a 50 percent quota for girl students under the hostel category while 25 percent seats are reserved for girl students in the ‘Top-50’ scheme for NEET.
- There is no income bar for the coaching scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the aim of the Jammu and Kashmir Tribal Affairs Department for introducing a free coaching scheme for meritorious students?
The aim of the Jammu and Kashmir Tribal Affairs Department for introducing a free coaching scheme for meritorious students is to provide quality education to these students by supporting their educational needs.
What are the sub-schemes within Jammu and Kashmir’s free coaching scheme?
Host-50 and Top-50 are the sub-schemes within Jammu and Kashmir's free coaching scheme.
Is there any quota for girl students in Jammu and Kashmir’s free coaching scheme?
The department has notified a 50 percent quota for girl students under the Host-50 category while 25 percent of seats are reserved for girl students in the 'Top-50' scheme for NEET.