NEET 2nd Round Counselling Registrations Commences Today, Register at

The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will start the NEET UG 2020 2nd round counselling registrations from today. The deadline for registering for the 2nd round of counselling is 22nd November 2020, till 3.00 PM. The choice filling facility will remain available from 19th November to 22nd November till 11.59 PM. The result for the 2nd round seat allotment for the NEET UG 2020 will be announced on 25th November 2020.

The competent governing body (DGHS) is responsible for conducting the NEET UG counselling process for 15% AIQ (All India Quota) seats in government medical and dental colleges around the country. The remaining 85% of the seats in the respective colleges are granted through the state quota (for various categories). However, there are some highly esteemed central universities in which 100% of the seats are granted through the AIQ quota such as ESIC, AFMC, AIIMS and JIPMER. The counselling process for such universities is also conducted by DGHS.ย 

Scholarship Registration, Get Scholarship Update

NEET 2020 2nd Round Counselling- How to Register?

Aspiring candidates who seek to register for the NEET 2020 2nd round counselling must follow the steps given below-

  • Visit the official website of
  • Scroll to the tab mentioning โ€œnew registrationโ€.
  • Fill in the required details such as NEET 2020 roll number, registration number, applicants name, motherโ€™s name, fatherโ€™s name and date of birth.
  • Pay the registration fee through the available payment methods – Credit card/Debit card or Internet banking.
  • Fill in the choices of courses and colleges in order of your preferences. Candidates must know that there is no limit to the number of choices one can fill.
  • After confirming the filled choices, candidates must lock the choices within the mentioned time limit. If a candidate fails to lock choices before the deadline, the filled choices will be automatically locked on the last date.

NEET 2020 2nd Round Counselling- Who Can Apply?

Following candidates will be considered eligible to apply for the NEET UG 2020 2nd round counselling-

  • Registered candidates who did not secure any seat in the 1st round allotment.
  • Registered candidates who have already been granted a seat under the reserved quota but the seat got discarded during the document verification while reporting for admissions. Such candidates will be considered eligible to apply for the 2nd round of NEET UG counselling with the changed category.
  • Candidates who have already reported at the 1st round allotment and submitted โ€œYesโ€ for the second round upgradation.
  • Candidates who got the seat in the first round of seat allotment but were unable to join.
  • Candidates who previously resigned from the allotted seat from the 1st round of counselling.

It is crucial to know that the above mentioned eligible candidates must register afresh for the 2nd round of NEET counselling. As there is no automatic carry over, candidates who have applied for the 1st round of NEET counselling must register for the 2nd round of counselling once again.

Get latest exam updates

Buddy4Study - IDFC FIRST

follow us for social updates


  1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
  2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.